European Building Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Chataigne
Engineer
Engineer

European Building Set

Post by Chataigne »

Hi everybody,

I started to make for myself a grf with some graphic i like, based on work of other people (you can see it on the the screenshot competition).
Infortunately, a lot of graphic were not on public licence. But i decided to work on some stuff made by me. I create this post to show you the work i do and maybe, if i have enough time (got a young child that taking me a lot of time ^^), i will make enough graphic to make a grf.

European_Buiding_Set.png
European_Buiding_Set.png (44.89 KiB) Viewed 607 times

[+] Spoiler
Here is some picture of the work in progress :
House_036S.png
House_036S.png (2.32 KiB) Viewed 842 times
House_290.png
House_290.png (2.41 KiB) Viewed 842 times

All the work i do is under GNU-GPL3
Last edited by Chataigne on 21 Jul 2020 12:00, edited 2 times in total.

2TallTyler
Engineer
Engineer

Re: European Building Set

Post by 2TallTyler »

Nice buildings!

Erato
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Erato »

This looks lovely
No pics no clicks. Seriously. Also stop using Modern Maglev Trains. Use RIMS instead.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If I may offer some advice, please add support for both sub-arctic and sub-tropical, even if you are not yet creating graphics for those environments. Many of us would like to use them even if they don't look entirely cohesive.

Chataigne
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Chataigne »

I will follow your advice and I will leave the possibility to use them in each climate. I hope, i manage to make graphic for the snow, but i don't understand for now, how to code in nml a snow aware graphic. Another thing i want to do it's to make them road aware too for some inner city building (like in swedish house set).
A lot of work to do, but i have lot of inspiration with all this stuff =>
House_ressources.png
(599.73 KiB) Not downloaded yet

gravelpit
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gravelpit »

if i make sugestion ,pleas think about old fashion city markt we in europe have buetyfull city landmarks calld Marktplace .U cant make this on four brikcs but diffrents styles that change the game or if you got time make europen churches we have a lot ,you know that good that you from beutyfull city Lyon placed in a awsome valley .bonvoyage :D

SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Chataigne wrote:
21 Jul 2020 08:10
I will follow your advice and I will leave the possibility to use them in each climate. I hope, i manage to make graphic for the snow, but i don't understand for now, how to code in nml a snow aware graphic. Another thing i want to do it's to make them road aware too for some inner city building (like in swedish house set).
House_ressources.png
I see you've re-used some of Zimmlocks buildings in there. Don't forget to credit him where it's due.
Last known as: Weirdy

Chataigne
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Chataigne »

SkeedR wrote:
21 Jul 2020 19:43
Chataigne wrote:
House_ressources.png
I see you've re-used some of Zimmlocks buildings in there. Don't forget to credit him where it's due.
Chataigne wrote:
20 Jul 2020 14:10
I started to make for myself a grf with some graphic i like, based on work of other people (you can see it on the the screenshot competition).
Infortunately, a lot of graphic were not on public licence. But i decided to work on some stuff made by me.
As i say, this is source of "inspiration" coming from other people, but now i try to make some new building. I know how sensitive the subject of user rights is and I prefer not to directly reuse buildings made by others even if I am given the right by citing the author.

arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Looks really nice!

Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Nice work! If you ever need some inspiration of just want to use my sprites they are free for the taking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8hBGJ ... NvX0k/view
Swedish Houses Version 1.1 Released
Swedish Road Vehicles Work in Progress

SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Chataigne wrote:
22 Jul 2020 08:14
SkeedR wrote:
21 Jul 2020 19:43
Chataigne wrote:
House_ressources.png
Chataigne wrote:
20 Jul 2020 14:10
Infortunately, a lot of graphic were not on public licence. But i decided to work on some stuff made by me.
As i say, this is source of "inspiration" coming from other people, but now i try to make some new building. I know how sensitive the subject of user rights is and I prefer not to directly reuse buildings made by others even if I am given the right by citing the author.
The parts that I assume are your originals, are quite nice! Keep going and I look forward to seeing a full set :P
Last known as: Weirdy

Return to “Graphics Development”