Screenshot Of The Month Competition - February 2023

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - October 2020

Post by Quast65 »

It's that time of the year, so my children of the night, I present my Spooky Headquarters! :twisted:
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (insert lightning and thunder here) :mrgreen:
Quast65_Oct2020.png
(1.12 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Kruger Transport started out delivering packages from a family's house garage, in the outskirts of Chardston City. Now, it is a nationwide shipping company with thousands of employees and offices all around the country. The company's headquarters are still in Chardston, just a few blocks away from where it all started.
Attachments
SotM-Oct2020.png
(602.21 KiB) Not downloaded yet
DemianWSE
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

DemianWSE wrote: 22 Oct 2020 16:19 Kruger Transport
Very nice screenshot!
What GRF did you use for those canals?

All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Quast65 wrote: 23 Oct 2020 07:56 Very nice screenshot!
I agree
What GRF did you use for those canals?
It from my AuzCreekAndDrainObjects. They storm water drains.
Attachments
AuzCreekAndDrainObjects.grf
(5.75 MiB) Downloaded 231 times
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

GarryG wrote: 23 Oct 2020 09:08 It from my AuzCreekAndDrainObjects. They storm water drains.
Cheers mate!

GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Here my screenshot for the month.

Company has purchased a old castle on a Island just off the coast. It serves as a home away from home for all the Managers and as well as a holiday resort.
Attachments
GarryGOctoberSecreenshot.png
(1.26 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Quast65 wrote: 23 Oct 2020 07:56
GarryG wrote: 23 Oct 2020 09:08
Thanks! Yours look great, both of them!

As GarryG said, the canals (and many other objects) are from his beautiful sets :)
DemianWSE
yazalo [PL]
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yazalo [PL] »

Probably most of the screenshots submitted this month will present huge and impressive company headquarters, but...
Road Town is a real city, the capital of the British Virgin Islands. Apart from the yacht rentals (Road Town is one of the main boat rental centres in the Caribbean), you won't see many companies here at first glance. It would appear that the main income of the city is derived from servicing tourists, of whom there are almost 1,000,000 every year.
However, the truth is that the British Virgin Islands, due to their unique fiscal policy, are one of the largest 'tax havens' in the world, so the biggest income is generated by companies registered there. In 2012, there were almost 500,000 companies active there, and it is now estimated that there could be twice as many! In conjunction with the fact that this small overseas territory is inhabited by just over 37,000 people, this means that statistically each resident is the president of almost 30 companies :D.

I have created this screenshot based on this map and this picture, the data comes from this, this and this website.
Attachments
Road Town.png
Road Town
(2.13 MiB) Not downloaded yet
yazalo
OpenTTD Polska | OpenTTD Wiki (PL)
Polish OpenTTD Translator

:!: Unused account, please contact yazalo (not yazalo [PL]) (send private message)
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

I'm here :wink:
The Main building of the president of the company is located in the central park in the middle of the busy city zone. The gardens and the lake are also designed to relax residents from busy life.
Attachments
HQ FRIDAEMON OCTOBER.png
(1.66 MiB) Not downloaded yet
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:
Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

My entry:
My HQ is an old British manor. The surrounding walls are nothing but ruins now, but hints of a glorious past. All the different CEOs have been invited to the annual business dinner, and the cars can be seen approaching the driveway. All I really want is to run off in one of my seaplanes and go on a very long holiday.
Attachments
HQ-Fredinho.png
(2.1 MiB) Not downloaded yet
twills
Engineer
Engineer

Post by twills »

That Manor is really cool! I'm amazed how you've managed to make the building itself using different parts from different sets.

Here's my entry from my current German game.
In early 2001, BerlinCorp relocated to the new Airport Business Park. Situated on the the eastern bank of the Grand Central Canal, the new HQ was a central part of the regeneration project that saw the former docks and factories replaced by the new international airport and a selection of office buildings. The new location provides excellent views of the water and neighbours the world famous TTD United Football Club. Today, the canal is largely used by small leisure craft, a far cry from the once thriving industrial traffic that has largely shifted to road and rail transport.
Attachments
Sotm Headquarters.png
(1.11 MiB) Not downloaded yet
flogeza
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by flogeza »

My company's HQ on the JGR Discord Multiplayer Server, that served some islands with honor.
The Isles JGR HQ.png
(1.67 MiB) Not downloaded yet
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Minister's Island is a real location in the Province of New Brunswick, Canada. It was the summer home of Sir William Van Horne who, in the 1890's, built the Canadian Pacific Railway. It is the inspiration of today's screenshot.
wallyweb wrote:Welcome to Minister's Island Transport. Our operational headquarters is located in the PVM tower in North Side City. It is connected by private suspended monorail to our executive headquarters on Minister's Island which is served by road from East Side City and, at low tide, by causeway from South Side village and by private rail connection from West Side City. A heliport accommodates the Chairman's private helicopter. There are two trains in our private station, an antique steam engine pulling fully restored pullman coaches to entertain visiting dignitaries and a modern diesel powered train with stainless steel coaches available to our executives for visits to our vast transportation empire. Our executives each have a luxury home on the island.
Attachments
Minister's Island Transport.png
Zoom on in to Minister's Island
(8.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

As best I can tell, there are no time zones remaining in October 2020.
WELCOME TO NOVEMBER 2020.
And now for a very fine crop of submissions for your perusing pleasure and voting venturism. 8)

Voting for October is now OPEN. :D
DemianWSE wrote:Kruger Transport started out delivering packages from a family's house garage, in the outskirts of Chardston City. Now, it is a nationwide shipping company with thousands of employees and offices all around the country. The company's headquarters are still in Chardston, just a few blocks away from where it all started.
flogeza wrote:My company's HQ on the JGR Discord Multiplayer Server, that served some islands with honor.
Fredinho wrote:My HQ is an old British manor. The surrounding walls are nothing but ruins now, but hints of a glorious past. All the different CEOs have been invited to the annual business dinner, and the cars can be seen approaching the driveway. All I really want is to run off in one of my seaplanes and go on a very long holiday.
fridaemon wrote:The Main building of the president of the company is located in the central park in the middle of the busy city zone. The gardens and the lake are also designed to relax residents from busy life.
GarryG wrote:Company has purchased a old castle on a Island just off the coast. It serves as a home away from home for all the Managers and as well as a holiday resort.
Quast65 wrote:It's that time of the year, so my children of the night, I present my Spooky Headquarters! :twisted:
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (insert lightning and thunder here)
twills wrote:In early 2001, BerlinCorp relocated to the new Airport Business Park. Situated on the the eastern bank of the Grand Central Canal, the new HQ was a central part of the regeneration project that saw the former docks and factories replaced by the new international airport and a selection of office buildings. The new location provides excellent views of the water and neighbours the world famous TTD United Football Club. Today, the canal is largely used by small leisure craft, a far cry from the once thriving industrial traffic that has largely shifted to road and rail transport.
wallyweb wrote:Welcome to Minister's Island Transport. Our operational headquarters is located in the PVM tower in North Side City. It is connected by private suspended monorail to our executive headquarters on Minister's Island which is served by road from East Side City and, at low tide, by causeway from South Side village and by private rail connection from West Side City. A heliport accommodates the Chairman's private helicopter. There are two trains in our private station, an antique steam engine pulling fully restored pullman coaches to entertain visiting dignitaries and a modern diesel powered train with stainless steel coaches available to our executives for visits to our vast transportation empire. Our executives each have a luxury home on the island.
yazalo [PL] wrote:Road Town is a real city, the capital of the British Virgin Islands. Apart from the yacht rentals (Road Town is one of the main boat rental centres in the Caribbean), you won't see many companies here at first glance. It would appear that the main income of the city is derived from servicing tourists, of whom there are almost 1,000,000 every year.
However, the truth is that the British Virgin Islands, due to their unique fiscal policy, are one of the largest 'tax havens' in the world, so the biggest income is generated by companies registered there. In 2012, there were almost 500,000 companies active there, and it is now estimated that there could be twice as many! In conjunction with the fact that this small overseas territory is inhabited by just over 37,000 people, this means that statistically each resident is the president of almost 30 companies :D.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Never thought I would agree with this man, but he is so right concerning the october screenshot competition!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
StopTheCount.jpg
StopTheCount.jpg (59.6 KiB) Viewed 7433 times

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Quast65 wrote: 05 Nov 2020 15:20 Never thought I would agree with this man, but he is so right concerning the october screenshot competition!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I've been thinking about this for a while. 10 days does seem to be a bit long. I'll not change it for the October vote, but I am definitely open to a 5 day vote beginning with November. Does anybody else agree or disagree?
yazalo [PL]
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yazalo [PL] »

wallyweb wrote: 05 Nov 2020 15:33 I am definitely open to a 5 day vote beginning with November. Does anybody else agree or disagree?
I think that five days is enough, anyway most people vote on the first / second day :)
yazalo
OpenTTD Polska | OpenTTD Wiki (PL)
Polish OpenTTD Translator

:!: Unused account, please contact yazalo (not yazalo [PL]) (send private message)
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Agreed, also leaves more time for people to make a new screenshot.

Fredinho
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fredinho »

Ten days is a bit long, yes, but I'd give it a week :P
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

We can stop this poll. Everyone wants to start creating christmas screenshot :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:

Return to “Screenshots”