July 2014 Screenshot of the Month Competition - Post 1
- "The Jokela rail accident occurred on April 21, 1996 at 07:08 local time in Tuusula, Finland. Four people were killed and 75 injured when express train P82 from Oulu, bound for Helsinki, derailed in heavy fog. The overnight sleeper train was carrying 139 passengers and five crew members. The engine overturned and eight of the eleven carriages derailed. The official investigation into the accident revealed that the accident was due to overspeeding through a slow-speed turnout."
- alluke.png (646.2 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
- "Nobody knows what actually happened. Some say the road was slippery and the truck driver wasn't able to stop, others say that he was just careless and drove onto the grossing. But that don't matter anymore. That 12000 ft transcontinental stack train hit that log truck such force that the train derailed and the truck flew into the ditch! The police, fire department and ambulances are on the scenes. No info at the moment about the injuries or victims, but as seen on the picture the medivac is touching down so hope is there are some live personnel on the ground to send into hospital. Also near by military base sent some support supplys with their Chinook.
"Some already ask how to clear up that mess, but officers say that's too early to investigate. First we try to get the site safe, we have bring some heavy equipment onto the scene to clear up snow and mud. Then after that we think how and with what to lift the wagons and locomotives to get the railway open and running again, until then all the rail traffic is sent around longer route and also all the road traffic under the bridge and road with that grossing is closed unknown period of time, but the main highway is still open. Officer also point out the curios people who stop on the highway bridge and want to look the rescue work, that's now allowed! They but others and their on life on the stake here! As seen we are working on that also, our patrol is on the scenes to clear thing up and open the the lane for traffic!
At the end we hope all the best and we are with the victims family's at that hard time in their lives!"
- ISA.png (387.6 KiB) Viewed 3215 times
- "Crash during landing on new part of old airport."
- Ladusa.png (500.07 KiB) Viewed 3215 times