Screenshot Of The Month Competition Jan 2016 - Mar 2020

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - December 2018 - ENTRIES

Post by STD »

Quite a theme. I like your choices :)) .

All competitors luck. It will be interesting to see all the ideas :D .

Before the arrival of Christmas and New Year is not much time. Soon this year will remain in history :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

White City ? Oh wait... That's a place in London.
Ladusa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladusa »

Hi, I am back! 8)

Here is my entry for December. After more than 2 years :)

It´s white Christmas. First after several years. Can you see a christmas tree? ;)
Attachments
Ladusa.png
Ladusa.png (466.99 KiB) Viewed 10680 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

One from me:
It's Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere, and people flock to the white sands of the beach on a hot summer's day. As a train full of toys passes over the bridge, the children are distracted while Santa winks past with his six white boomers.
Attachments
dec18sotm.PNG
dec18sotm.PNG (211.38 KiB) Viewed 10439 times
Ro(V)eO
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ro(V)eO »

Heya all and a belated merry Christmas! :)

I will give it a try now too, after reviewing the whole thread in the past few days. :D

and Jake: Be remembered to set up a poll for the best screenshot of 2018 :wink:
Attachments
Dec18-comp.png
CN 27, the "Lake Michigan Express", travelling between Winnipeg and Chicago just passes the towns Tomah and Wisconsin Dells in Wisconsin, after it's stop at Saint Paul's central station and shortly before reaching Milwaukee.
(985.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
:?: :idea:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

And here is my idea of a screenshot on the theme "White Christmas" :wink: .
SOTM_DEC18_White Christmas.png
During the Christmas and new year holidays, you can go not only to warmer climes for recreation, but also just to visit their loved ones and relatives who live in the urban villages. In the urban village of Vichuga you can visit the local Christmas market, skate on the lake, breathe the frosty air of pine forests, walk through the Park, which is located next to the railway station. And in the evening you can all look at the fireworks from any part of the village.
(516.49 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I congratulate all of you on Christmas and new year holidays. It's nice to have a rest these days :)) .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Here is my entry. it where Santa keeps his boomers in Australia hidden in a valley some here in the Snowy Mountains.

Emperor Jake managed to get a photo of him flying over the beaches on his way to his secret location where he can be seen coming into land.

It has sleeping quarters for his helpers, some of them are over on the ice playing.

He has his own sheep to shear for his clothing and meat to eat. Grows his own grapes for his wine.

When the boomer are not required for Christmas they revert back to their original status as grey and red kangaroos.
Santas Home in Australia.png
(987.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

A wonderful continuation of the story about Santa and his boomers. How the relationship turned out between the two screenshots - Emperor Jake and GarryG. Perfectly :D .
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

And my entry ...
Toronto - The Big Chill at Christmas 2018 with public transport operating as normal and no drones disrupting holiday travel. Do not try to reach the Christmas Tree in the middle of the lake; the water is freezing.
Attachments
Toronto - The Big Chill at Christmas 2018.png
(352.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mr jj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr jj »

The town of Mondingbury is much visited by tourists in the winter for skiing, ice patination and shopping in the christmas markets.
Attachments
Mountbatten Logistics, Sep 6th, 2018.png
(515.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

It's very early Christmas morning in a small town atop a hill on the Canadian prairies. All is quiet. All is white. The children stare at their presents while waiting impatiently for Ma and Pa to tell them its ok to start unwrapping. The local train is just pulling out on its trip to the city. Not very many passengers during the holidays. The ice on town square pond is ready for the skaters, old and young. Papa Joe's Hot Chocolate Stand by the pond will be serving mugs of steaming hot chocolate with a marshmallow floating on the top. The pond trees and bridges and Papa Joe's are all decorated with lights. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL.
Attachments
White Christmas, Dec 25th, 1935.png
White Christmas, Dec 25th, 1935.png (285.61 KiB) Viewed 9486 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Another year is upon us! I hope everyone had an excellent holiday season, wherever you are and whatever you celebrate :D

And a warm welcome to our new and returning entrants.

Here are the entries for the final competition of 2018:

Emperor Jake
It's Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere, and people flock to the white sands of the beach on a hot summer's day. As a train full of toys passes over the bridge, the children are distracted while Santa winks past with his six white boomers.

GarryG
Here is my entry. it where Santa keeps his boomers in Australia hidden in a valley some here in the Snowy Mountains.

Emperor Jake managed to get a photo of him flying over the beaches on his way to his secret location where he can be seen coming into land.

It has sleeping quarters for his helpers, some of them are over on the ice playing.

He has his own sheep to shear for his clothing and meat to eat. Grows his own grapes for his wine.

When the boomer are not required for Christmas they revert back to their original status as grey and red kangaroos.

Ladusa
It´s white Christmas. First after several years. Can you see a christmas tree? ;)

mr jj
The town of Mondingbury is much visited by tourists in the winter for skiing, ice patination and shopping in the christmas markets.

OzTrans
Toronto - The Big Chill at Christmas 2018 with public transport operating as normal and no drones disrupting holiday travel. Do not try to reach the Christmas Tree in the middle of the lake; the water is freezing.

Ro(V)eO
CN 27, the "Lake Michigan Express", travelling between Winnipeg and Chicago just passes the towns Tomah and Wisconsin Dells in Wisconsin, after it's stop at Saint Paul's central station and shortly before reaching Milwaukee.

STD
During the Christmas and new year holidays, you can go not only to warmer climes for recreation, but also just to visit their loved ones and relatives who live in the urban villages. In the urban village of Vichuga you can visit the local Christmas market, skate on the lake, breathe the frosty air of pine forests, walk through the Park, which is located next to the railway station. And in the evening you can all look at the fireworks from any part of the village.

wallyweb
It's very early Christmas morning in a small town atop a hill on the Canadian prairies. All is quiet. All is white. The children stare at their presents while waiting impatiently for Ma and Pa to tell them its ok to start unwrapping. The local train is just pulling out on its trip to the city. Not very many passengers during the holidays. The ice on town square pond is ready for the skaters, old and young. Papa Joe's Hot Chocolate Stand by the pond will be serving mugs of steaming hot chocolate with a marshmallow floating on the top. The pond trees and bridges and Papa Joe's are all decorated with lights. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ONE AND ALL.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I congratulate everyone on the new year 2019! All the best to you! More positive, and discouragement to the side :)) . And now exactly on topic a bit write :mrgreen: .

Jake, you got a new vote pretty quick. But still allowed us to choose any three screenshot. That's cool. Perhaps this opportunity was made in honor of the holiday as one of the options :D . Now the outcome of the vote will be even more unknown by January 8. However time will show as usually :wink: . All screenshots are very good in their own way. Winter prevails on them. I thought that besides Jake, someone else was implementing a piece of the tropics as an option. I initially decided to show the winter in the screenshot. The ideas were similar to what I have shown in the screenshot :) .

Description in the screenshot at wallyweb very liked. Very nicely said. Man knows how to please. Attaboy :D .
I have been very interested a screenshot and description GarryG. And as expected, I still choose a screenshot of Jake, as it is directly related according to the description with GarryG screenshot :wink: .

Regards, STD.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I congratulate with victory screenshot wallyweb. Excellent work :wink: . In this time the difference is only one vote. I had a little hope that there could be a tie.
I'm waiting for the announcement of a new theme and summarizing from Jake :D . I hope that he doesn't take too long :mrgreen: .

Regard, STD.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

STD wrote:I congratulate with victory screenshot wallyweb. Excellent work :wink:
:bow:
Great shots everybody. :D
@ Ro(V)eO - I like those underpasses. Are they in a set? :?:
A theme suggestion has been sent to Emperor Jake. :mrgreen:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

wallyweb wrote:
STD wrote:I congratulate with victory screenshot wallyweb. Excellent work :wink:
It's Japanese Station Set.
Ro(V)eO
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ro(V)eO »

acs121 wrote:
wallyweb wrote:
It's Japanese Station Set.
That's correct =)

Congratz Wally. Nice shot there!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Ro(V)eO wrote:Congratz Wally. Nice shot there!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - December 2018 - VOTING

Post by Emperor Jake »

Congratulations to Wallyweb for winning the December 2018 competition! And commiserations to STD for the very close second!

Wallyweb has decided that January's theme will be:
Cars & Buses & Trams & Trucks & Trucks & Trucks. 8)

Entries are open, get trucking!

Here are the results for the December competition:

Code: Select all

wallyweb		 17
STD				16
OzTrans		  13
Emperor Jake	9
mr jj			 6
GarryG			5
Ladusa			5
Ro(V)eO		  4
-----------------
Total			 75
Ro(V)eO
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Screenshot Of The Month Competition - January 2019 - ENTRIES

Post by Ro(V)eO »

Here's my contribution to the (nicely chosen) competition for January. :D

edit: played a bit with grfs, should look better now.
Attachments
Jan19_comp_e.png
The (somewhat) suburbs of Shordinghattan Ridge.
Originally, I planned to create a oneway-tram-oneway boulevard. But the citizens and the Shordinghattan Ridge Authority had other plans, so they forced me to build my tram-boulevard underground, so there would be more room to house even moar citizens.
After completing this expensive project, some of them who voted FOR a tunneled tram complained about not reaching the tram (*sigh*). So I built a bus line to connect the outer parts of Shordinghattan Ridge to the tram.
While the busline connects Shordinghattan Ridge South and its subway station, the trams reach street level further east to connect the next subway station, Shordinghattan Ridge Fairground (not shown).

But Shordinghattan Ridge is still growing quickly... Maybe they force me to build more lines soon... *sigh*
(1.62 MiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “Screenshots”