NewGRF's i use.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

NewGRF's i use.

Post by Maddog45353 »

Please point out ones that are obsolete.
Attachments
Northern Shifters, 11_28_1998.png
My NewGRFS.
(62.63 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
LoneBlackWolf
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NewGRF's i use.

Post by romazoon »

i think if you go to the ingame download content there is a button just for that !

it will download the latest avalaible version of the newgrf you allready have.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Maddog45353 wrote:Please point out ones that are obsolete.
None.

NewGRFs are part of the game, you cannot modify them while playing.

For new games, the download window has a 'find upgrades' button that selects new versions of content that you already have.
In the newgrf selection window, you can update to the latest version of active newgrfs
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

None of your NewGRFs are obsolete, but you do have some redundancies that are likely not giving you any benefit by being listed.

You have FISH 0.9.2, redFISH and SQUID Ate FISH. RedFISH was a branch of FISH 0.9.2 to increase capacity, and SQUID is the next version of FISH 0.9.2 and also has capacity changes. You really only need one of these.

You have NARS and NARS 2.5. There are some pretty large differences between the two, but essentially the same types of trains.

You have World Airliners Set and PlaneSet. I suspect that most of the vehicles in PlaneSet are also present in WAS. As WAS is so expansive, I'm not going to go through and verify.

You have UK Renewal Set v3 (UKRS), and then UK Railway Set (UKRS2), which is it's replacement and expansion. I'd go with UKRS2.
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

kamnet wrote:None of your NewGRFs are obsolete, but you do have some redundancies that are likely not giving you any benefit by being listed.

You have FISH 0.9.2, redFISH and SQUID Ate FISH. RedFISH was a branch of FISH 0.9.2 to increase capacity, and SQUID is the next version of FISH 0.9.2 and also has capacity changes. You really only need one of these.

You have NARS and NARS 2.5. There are some pretty large differences between the two, but essentially the same types of trains.

You have World Airliners Set and PlaneSet. I suspect that most of the vehicles in PlaneSet are also present in WAS. As WAS is so expansive, I'm not going to go through and verify.

You have UK Renewal Set v3 (UKRS), and then UK Railway Set (UKRS2), which is it's replacement and expansion. I'd go with UKRS2.

That is all i needed thx for that info.
LoneBlackWolf
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Also regarding the 2CC Trainset: 2.0.0 Beta 5.1 is obsolete, you should use 2CCTrainsInNML instead for future games.
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

or just use 1 single trainset. The 2CC Trainset is huuuuge, no need for other trainsets, if you want to play with 1 type of trains. usually there are also big differences in purchase and running costs between 2 sets (even for the same engine, if coded in the 2 sets)
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

Emperor Jake wrote:Also regarding the 2CC Trainset: 2.0.0 Beta 5.1 is obsolete, you should use 2CCTrainsInNML instead for future games.

But doesn't 2CCTrainsInNML have less engines and wagons compared to 2CC Trainset 2.0.0 Beta 5.1?
LoneBlackWolf
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Maddog45353 wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:Also regarding the 2CC Trainset: 2.0.0 Beta 5.1 is obsolete, you should use 2CCTrainsInNML instead for future games.

But doesn't 2CCTrainsInNML have less engines and wagons compared to 2CC Trainset 2.0.0 Beta 5.1?
About the same amount of engines, and MANY more wagons. Also it's in active development, many more engines will be added eventually.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

I haven't activated many of the NewGRFs I've downloaded,as this shows (this is my most recently started game,though set earliest in time...the next task,obviously,is to set up a station between the two coal mines at lower left and link it to the power station at upper right,anachronistic though it looks for 1867).How does the 2CC I have compare to the ones under discussion?
What other sets can be added without overwriting anything?(UKRS deletes the sprites for a number of default wagons).
Attachments
Green Victory Railroad, 1st Jul 1867.png
(2.14 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

you play in 32bpp, the 2cc in nml is an 8bpp only afaik
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Phreeze wrote:you play in 32bpp, the 2cc in nml is an 8bpp only afaik
Graphics designed for 640x480 on a 1920x1200 monitor is just too hard on the eyes.So what does the 2cc I use offer?
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Baldy's Boss wrote:So what does the 2cc I use offer?
kamnet wrote:I'm pretty sure the two sets are not related.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Sylf wrote:
Baldy's Boss wrote:So what does the 2cc I use offer?
kamnet wrote:I'm pretty sure the two sets are not related.
That certainly doesn't answer my question,it only indicates what it doesn't offer.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

The "2CC set" that you mention is basically a subset of base train set rendered in 32bpp.
The "2CC set in NML" or "2CC set beta 5.1" are completely separate set based on trains from around the world, drawn using two company colors users can set.

They're completely different sets, you can't simply compare them. You just have to load one, and see for yourself.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

"2CC" is short hand for dual company colors, meaning that the graphics in the sets offer a livery where part of the design incorporates a player's chosen primary and secondary color scheme.

As mentioned, I believe 8/32bpp 2CC set is just a recoding of a few of the default OpenTTD engines in 32bpp with 2CC livery.
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

kamnet wrote:"2CC" is short hand for dual company colors, meaning that the graphics in the sets offer a livery where part of the design incorporates a player's chosen primary and secondary color scheme.

As mentioned, I believe 8/32bpp 2CC set is just a recoding of a few of the default OpenTTD engines in 32bpp with 2CC livery.

So thats what 8/32bpp 2CC is. :bow:
In other news 2cc NML is my favorite one now.
LoneBlackWolf
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

So will 2cc NML be available in 32 bpp?
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

Baldy's Boss wrote:So will 2cc NML be available in 32 bpp?
Take the 2cc set specific discussion to the appropriate thread.

Return to “General OpenTTD”