[REL] The Serpent scenario

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [REL] The Serpent scenario

Post by noofnoof »

:cry: inspirational hammo, and a little of topic I believe, time for a cartoon!
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

noofnoof wrote: there are at least 6 or so (maybe more) things that need to be installed before this scenario can run.
I will now attempt to link to them (these should be done in order):
number 1
number 2
number 3
number 4
number 5
number 6
You forgot the "London and Port Stanley Pack Ver 1.5
and "Digidampfman's German Station Kits #1-#4.zip -Classic Station Pack
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

noofnoof wrote:there are at least 6 or so (maybe more) things that need to be installed before this scenario can run.
I will now attempt to link to them (these should be done in order):
NONONO.... !!

Please read the readme before giving advice on this map....

it is a tricky arse map to get right.... possibly the worst ever..
it need uber attention to detail to install and people are having issues with that..

your list will break the map in that order...

Serpent installer
Serpent installer
serpent.png (43.72 KiB) Viewed 2961 times

xnederlandx wrote:I got that fixed, and just copied all the files from the sounds folder of the hive to my Objdata (as I got more errors). But now I have another problem: SND103EN . I did a search on my computer and it returns nothing....
this is the sound for many TGV's and BR 103's (ugh..).. i actually removed it from the us set.. (it is not US). it can be found in The Serpent Installer as of this morning (patched), most of the TGV sets (including the Umbrella set, Thallys and La Poste), the BR103 set and I believe the ICE pack.

lfc25 wrote:Hello

I would like to download this save game, do i just download and put into a folder in locomtion game - then im ready to go?

Thank you.
Actually. no,

this is one of the worst maps to get running. you would have to follow the read me for installation and you will still be missing the Pennsy Mikado since i never released it...

*NOTE*
After install of this scenario. Your objdata will never be the same again and other scenarios like Provo will not work.
you will have to wipe your objdata and start over or restore from a back up when done.

Personally, I run this map as a portable install due to the heavy amount of mods in it.
Last edited by Plastikman on 15 Oct 2009 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

the only thing people should be following is what the read me says or what plastik or zim says, nothing else. make life so much easier for all.
colossal404
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by colossal404 »

Hi!

I want to play this scenario, but I can't find the USSE060P in any pack what written in the readme. Where can I find it?
xnederlandx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xnederlandx »

Plastikman wrote:
xnederlandx wrote:I got that fixed, and just copied all the files from the sounds folder of the hive to my Objdata (as I got more errors). But now I have another problem: SND103EN . I did a search on my computer and it returns nothing....
this is the sound for many TGV's and BR 103's (ugh..).. i actually removed it from the us set.. (it is not US). it can be found in The Serpent Installer as of this morning (patched), most of the TGV sets (including the Umbrella set, Thallys and La Poste), the BR103 set and I believe the ICE pack.
Thankyou for the assistance, all knowing Plastikman :bow: .

Just downloading the Serpant Installer now...
(I just opened up the details window of the installer, and I can see "Extract: SND103EN.dat" so that is good :) )

Edit: More problems have come. :x SIGDWARF is missing. A search resulted it being in my hive (Utah Mini Map Pack). So I copied all files in that folder across to my objdata. Then I re-ran the serpant. ...Now finding the next error.

Edit: USATF40S (or something like that) is missing. Search. Copy everything in that folder. Run Loco. :x

Edit: Repeat process 20 times. :x :x :x . :D Its working now.
Last edited by xnederlandx on 15 Oct 2009 21:10, edited 2 times in total.
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

xnederlandx wrote:
Plastikman wrote:
Thankyou for the assistance, all knowing Plastikman :bow: .

Just downloading the Serpant Installer now...
(I just opened up the details window of the installer, and I can see "Extract: SND103EN.dat" so that is good :) )

Edit: More problems have come. :x SIGDWARF is missing. A search resulted it being in my hive (Utah Mini Map Pack). So I copied all files in that folder across to my objdata. Then I re-ran the serpant. ...Now finding the next error.

Edit: USATF40S (or something like that) is missing. Search. Copy everything in that folder. Run Loco.
that the US Amtrak F40PH, from Amtrak Overkill Pack, u guys need to use this: http://www.amitrains.co.uk/plastikman/

to see what you are missing and go get it. exactly what i just did now.

I recommend plastik run very far away and fast lol!
xnederlandx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xnederlandx »

I fixed the problem. See my edited post above. The files were in the hive.

I was expecting the installers to dump it in my objdata, but they just make a big hive, from which I need to fish it out.
Tracer bullet
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tracer bullet »

Or you could use the transfer utility. If you did not use that it is the
much easier way.
Got a new Locomotion. Phew
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

xnederlandx wrote:I fixed the problem. See my edited post above. The files were in the hive.

I was expecting the installers to dump it in my objdata, but they just make a big hive, from which I need to fish it out.
they do most of the time put them in the objdata, but from time to time they sometimes skip a file (happens to me from time to time, i just check the man of plastik chart in what it is, and go get it). The hive has become a great backup for my objtdata.
xnederlandx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xnederlandx »

You see... I wasn't expecting to have to copy files over... at all. I thought I just had to run the different exe's in order, click next a few times and then It would work. I wasn't expecting to have to search for files in a labyrinth of folders.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

xnederlandx wrote:You see... I wasn't expecting to have to copy files over... at all. I thought I just had to run the different exe's in order, click next a few times and then It would work. I wasn't expecting to have to search for files in a labyrinth of folders.
perhaps if you read the readme's "how to install" section or some of the nexts you clicked to fast.... you would never have had to look for any files and it would have copied them for you.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Plastikman, all the CSX stuff in this map looks awesome. I really enjoyed seeing them run in this map. This was a very intense and enjoyable map to play. I actually played it for 2 weeks. Thanks Zimmlock for this great map and the screenies to follow along to. I've never layed this much track in any map before this one. My favorite was Yellowhead Pass until this one came along. Thru your screenies, you've shown me how to make good looking stations and bigger stations easily. I got the hang of it now and I understand more how signals work. I didn't that I should use 2 way signals for the entrance of a station like you do. Now I understand why my trains were waiting at the entrance like they were before you did all this for us. I was using oneway signals and my trains were getting stuck more. Now they flow like they should. I learned a lot from all this. Thanks again......
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
xnederlandx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xnederlandx »

Edited: Everything that was here out.

Thanks for all the help!
bluebeetle
Chairman
Chairman

Post by bluebeetle »

zim whens the next map :p j/king

gonna be hard for you to top this one that is for sure.
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

bluebeetle wrote:zim whens the next map :p j/king

gonna be hard for you to top this one that is for sure.
Haha, uhm, as you can see my maps are verry complicated to run. But this one was (is) more trouble because it was a upgrade from the Penninsular World and that scenario is giving the problems with The Serpent. Other point is that i build my maps by hand, no map creator or greyscale thing, every bump, mountain or water square, smouth edge, i made. So i dont think a new map ll be up soon. I have some ideas though..........

I did something else, just for fun, it runs with the serpent objectdata with the Mikado and its just madness, follow the trains

[EDIT] The C&NW train was getting behind after a second round, i have improved it, there ll come one more update, when i have figured out how to crash the trains after two laps :twisted:
Attachments
Dance of the SD40.SV5
Improved
(1002.38 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Last edited by Zimmlock on 19 Oct 2009 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

That's kewl how you get them to stay together. Why do they go slow thru the buildings?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Seriously bored zimm?

.. man you can really see the animated bogies vs the fixed here.

@ tattoo..

Old trick, bridge glitch..
bury a bridge to make a slow zone.

make a trench, build track across it on a bridge (wood is slowest), raise land to track.

the tracks become the bridge speed limit...
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

Oh, ok. I seen how that was done but couldn't see it in his map. Thanks. I thought it had something to do with the buildings.... lol
CRATSCH
Engineer
Engineer

Post by CRATSCH »

Sooo....here is couple of my savegames, if someone is interested:)
Attachments
The Serpent 1967 PRR.SV5
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 135 times
The Serpent 1970 PC.SV5
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 124 times

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”