[Rel] Auto Industry! Release Version 2.5 - 06/21/07

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Rel] Auto Industry! Release Version 2.5 - 06/21/07

Post by Plastikman »

release version:2.5 Get it at AMI!

OLD:

Ok this is a big ass WIP there is a lot going on here so bare with me.

there are a few differant industry mods going atthe moment. this one is a collaboration of a few differant people working behind the scene.

So this might be the birth of an extention of the US set it might be a one shot deal.. Here we go. First project,

Auto Plant Cycle:

If it is not mentioned, it has not changed in game. Follow along if you can.

Oil Wells:They remain unchanged, You can still sell Oil to Refineries to make Goods or sell oil to Chemical plants to make Plastic Pellets

Oil Refinery: Unchanged.

The chemical plant: it will now need Oil, it will produce Plastic Pellets these can then be sold to the factory to make goods or to the Auto plant to make Autos when combined with Steel.

Steel plant: is unchannged, it makes Steel From Ore combined with Coal. you can still sellSteel to the factory to make goods. You can now also sell Steel to the Auto plant and when combined with Plastic Pellets you will Make Automobiles.

Factory: Now accepts Plastic Pellets or Steel to produce goods. Plastic Pellets and Steel do not have to be combined. Each one will make goods

Auto Plant: All new industry. It will Require BOTH Plastic Pellets and Steel to make Automobiles to be sold at Auto Dealers and Scrap Metal to be sold to Scrap Yard to be recycled into Steel .

Auto Dealer: if this works, it will Pop up randomly in towns and accept new Automobiles, It will also idependantly Produce Junked Used Cars to be sold to the Scrap Yard to be recycled into Steel.

Scrap Yard: New Industry, It accepts Scrap Metal OR Junked Used Carsto be recycled into Steel .

Some new cars will now be needed for this modifcation. Because of vehical limits, we will try and double up cars, for example, Grain hoppers will now also carry Plastic Pellets.

a few details are not yet worked out and this can all change without notice.

*** well these changed.. You now have to take the Plastic Pellets and Steel To an Auto parts Factory To be converted to Auto Parts And taken to the Auto Plant, Junk cars are still not built Maybe never will be.
Attachments
Auto Plant - US construction company..jpg
Auto Plant - US construction company..jpg (117.86 KiB) Viewed 44175 times
New cargo Map.
New cargo Map.
Auto Plant - US construction company.2.5.jpg (142.56 KiB) Viewed 34423 times
Last edited by Plastikman on 22 Jun 2007 22:42, edited 8 times in total.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Samo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Samo »

looking good, now would be a hell of a time for an exe no-limit hack
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Samo wrote:looking good, now would be a hell of a time for an exe no-limit hack
Stop with asking for that :evil:
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
tydev417
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by tydev417 »

Very cool project you got there! :D This would turn a simple scenario into a much more complex one requiring more stuff to be transported, which would mean more use of out of your freight trains. 8)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

tydev417 wrote:Very cool project you got there! :D This wold turn the simple scenarios into much more complex ones requiring more stuff to be transported, which would mean more use of out of your freight trains. :wink:
but the best part is, you don't HAVE to build autos. you can use the new industries to just make "goods" ...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

quick Wip update! we are in the auto buissness!
we are 1/2 through the flow chart.
Shaun and I have been burning the candle for this one.

It looks like the BR set will have train cars for this mod also.

we need the wiki back for ID#'s

i have seen in the past the following:

new cargo:
scrap metal 22 name="SCRAP "
<variable name="id" size="1">22</variable>

autos 17 name="AUTOS "
<variable name="id" size="1">17</variable>

plasticpellets 21 name="PLASTIC "
<variable name="id" size="1">21</variable>

those have been used for these items. i am re-using them again.
anyone know of any conflicts with this?
we need a master list.
Attachments
auto1.JPG
auto1.JPG (144.91 KiB) Viewed 43846 times
jonnie47
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonnie47 »

whens the release date??
Everton F.C The pride of merseyside
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

jonnie47 wrote:whens the release date??
When its finished ;)

Looks very good :)

Will the Autoindustry overwrite another industry?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

LocArny wrote:
jonnie47 wrote:whens the release date??
When its finished ;)

Looks very good :)

Will the Autoindustry overwrite another industry?
No, but you need to use our chemical plant to get plastic pellets. i wont overwite any in game stuff if i can avoid it.

the cargos might kill other mods. i dont know what has been used yet.
Visscher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Visscher »

Plastikman wrote: It looks like the BR set will have train cars for this mod also.
Maybe it is an idea to asc scrat and/or oppie if you can use their car trailer as well, though it isnt on their site, i know they have made it.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

hit a small problem, maybe someoen can help. i am getting 1 for 1 on items. 100 tons of scrap = 100 tons of steel. anyone know where i can change this?
SkyNet
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SkyNet »

wohooo after your massive vehicles in your packs , i am really inpressed now !

now we need new ships to transport the new cars and the oil ;)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Well it is past proof of concept, it works! it still needs a lot of work. but, everything we wanted is working. i have a building that randomly spawns ( and unspawns) in town that buys autos and sell junk. we have a plastiks factory that needs crude oil. we have an auto factory that makes cars and scrap left overs. a junk yard that recycles all the junk back into usable steel.

there are still a few things to fix.

1. how to change the 1 to 1 ratio on goods manufacture. 20 junk = 20 steel. (HELP!)

2 spawning of auto plant what controlls how often it spawns. (i think it is if it makes passengers...also and adds to the towns growth)

3 beta testing further....

4 graphics overhaul. shawn has done a great job so far.

5... i need more coffee.....
Attachments
Buy my cars.JPG
Buy my cars.JPG (146.34 KiB) Viewed 43478 times
auto plant WIP.JPG
auto plant WIP.JPG (136.68 KiB) Viewed 43549 times
Plastic Pellets in transit.JPG
Plastic Pellets in transit.JPG (133.1 KiB) Viewed 43594 times
Last edited by Plastikman on 08 May 2006 23:47, edited 1 time in total.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

More
Attachments
err city expanded and shut down a dealer......
err city expanded and shut down a dealer......
Houston we have a problem.JPG (169.91 KiB) Viewed 43260 times
Not the correct graphic, but, it proves we can make a new city building graphic spawn and buy stuff
Not the correct graphic, but, it proves we can make a new city building graphic spawn and buy stuff
New dealer opened.JPG (156.04 KiB) Viewed 43319 times
scrap yard at work
scrap yard at work
scrap yard.JPG (133.41 KiB) Viewed 43388 times
Sebastian Styrnol
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Sebastian Styrnol »

Nice work there mate! I think that added complexity will really add to LoMo! :D
Cheers, Sebastian

Being Both Avid Rail and Plane Fan!!!

Image Image
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

Nice work Plastikman.
When it's finished, i'll consider to put the Lomo disc in my drive again.
Go on with it. :D
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

little bit offtopic..

plastikman, in which way do you get the cost-values? i have problems with my vehicles because of that. they are to cheap or to expensive.. do you know an easy way to set the cost-values?
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Seelenquell wrote:little bit offtopic..

plastikman, in which way do you get the cost-values? i have problems with my vehicles because of that. they are to cheap or to expensive.. do you know an easy way to set the cost-values?
you cant set it to a specific value. in addition, the inflation in this game is crazy. you get a cost index that you can pick, i base mine on about what other trains i or Chris has made and look at my excel sheet of locos and guess in what range of other engines it should cost. once you are making money, it it really makes no difference. i guess we could figure out the mathematical formula.

On topic:

the auto industry is in full play beta.. have a new mock wips of the dealers in game. thought i might share..

i feel like this is where is waldo. can you find all 3 dealers?

no, you cant see #3 it has scaffolding around it, it is bring built
Attachments
auto dealer mock ups.PNG
auto dealer mock ups.PNG (113.4 KiB) Viewed 42988 times
wyctor
Director
Director

Post by wyctor »

it doesn't need any exe hack, I made High-tech Electric System by no editing the exe, it looks like the same as the High-tech system, but I think it could be a good idea, to make gas-stations. They require cars, passengers and oil to produce passengers.

but anyway it takes veeery long time to do that
Samo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Samo »

well, i like the 2 that u can see, looking goos so far

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”