[Rel] Limited Edition pack 1; Conrail Alcos Ver 2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Rel] Limited Edition pack 1; Conrail Alcos Ver 2.0

Post by Plastikman »

There really is no reason for this set other then I liked it..
It does not quite fit into My US Set.
I started this set thinking the game I was playing was missing something.. I was playing, Calhadaras coal (yeah again... sigh..) and wanted some Some PRR Alcos, I looked at the dates and saw it 1976 in games oops PRR is now conrail... I knew i had this set laying around... soo..

I thought this would be a 15 minute conversion. WoW, I was so wrong. these engines loved to blue haze in converstion. Also, This set is mostly the 2 colors the Locomtion palatte hates the most, Black and blue, since blue is see-though it was pain to remove the haze and keep it from turning florresent blue. Then ther is the black. Wally turns black to shades of brown, green or orange often do to lack of grey shades. oh well, so it took several days working on it here and there in my spare between other projects... now it is done so time to take that hill!

When Conrail was formed in 1976 it inherited an impressive fleet of ALCO Century locomotives including almost every existing model. Unfortunately it didn't last long, the entire fleet was retired and sold or scrapped in the late 70's and early 80's.
This locomotive set contains 15 of Conrail's Centuries, many engines still wear their original livery which makes this a very colourful set of CR blue, PC black, LV red, RDG yellow/green, LHR grey/blue & EL grey/maroon locomotives.
Here is a short list of the included engines:
---------------------------------------------
C-420: #2073 ex-Lehigh & Hudson River units, no d/B.
C-424: #2477, ex-Erie Lackawanna, and #2494, ex-Reading Lines.
C-425: #2427 & #2454, all units are former Penn Central locomotives, #2454 has no d/B.
C-430: #2049, ex-Reading Lines, riding on AAR Type B trucks, and #2056, ex-Penn Central, riding on HiAd trucks.
C-628: #6733, ex-Lehigh Valley, #6744 & #6748, ex-Penn Central units.
C-630: #6762, ex-Reading Lines, riding on HiAd trucks, #6768 & #6776, ex-Penn Central units riding on tri mount trucks.
C-636: #6781 & #6790, ex-Penn Central units.

As a bonus, I tossed a Conrail coal hopper and a 50ft box car in the pack just so the engines are not lonely

EDIT
After almost 200 download, I updated the package. There is nothing New in it at all. I just switched the Intaller to automatically find Your Lomo Folder. MY game is in E:\games\lomo. It annoyed me since i install this file often doing beta testing so I updated it for myself and decided to share it.

EDIT #2
Slight Update!!
After sitting on my hard drive and not touched this file at all, I decided to upload Ver 1.0.1. This was a beta for 2.0 in MHQ that just seemed to get lost in the cracks. I was actually working on custom bogies for differant units. I honestly don't remember how far I got. I'll post this as a public beta and once I get a chance to fi update it, I'll upgrade to full 2.0

There is a Bonus Grain hopper to go with the bonus boxcar and Coal hopper in this set.

EDIT #3
Major Update! Ver 2.0.0

All MHQ,
Updated sounds (from 1.0) ** Beware the sound bugs, see sound bug read me **
Changed the date to 1976 from 1960's
New Limited Boxcar, New Limited Grain Hopper, New Limited Coal/Ore Hopper.
Updated installers for Windows 7 and X64

Download Link for Version 2.0.0

thanks,
Plastik

*EDIT* 2000 downloads later of Ver 1.0, I'm removing the link for 1.0. Please use the newer release.
Last edited by Plastikman on 29 May 2010 04:49, edited 6 times in total.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
ssbn742
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by ssbn742 »

YAY, im goning to start a game with, this, the auto mod, US set 1.6 and the amtrak pack....*runs off to research conrail*
I am a furry, dont like it? Kiss my soft furry tail!
Oh! And dont be a hater because of it...
SLIPKNOT POWER! MAGGOT FOR LIFE!
Last edited by ssbn742 on Thursday January 18, 2576 12:26 am from the orbiting Abaddon Class Battleship "Wait And Bleed"; edited 3 times in total
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Are limited edition packs a good or bad idea?
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
sarahagain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by sarahagain »

I suppose it depends on what you mean by "Limited"?

Is it "available for a limited time"?

or what?

(If you see what I mean? :wink: )
busman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by busman »

i think he means that they will only be in this set
alphanumeric
Director
Director

Post by alphanumeric »

I downloaded this pack.. the skins look like they need some major touchin' up! I would offer my skills..but I am everything but an artist! it really sucks
busman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by busman »

nah there right the engines are heavly weathered,
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

alphanumeric wrote:I downloaded this pack.. the skins look like they need some major touchin' up! I would offer my skills..but I am everything but an artist! it really sucks
thats the whole point of this set. they are majorly abused used and messed up trains that conrail inherrited from several bankrupt railroads. thats why they still have the old livery with a new number pretty much just spray painted on them.

if you think these are bad, you should see amtraks first few years before they painted stuff.. they looked like a rusty rainbow from all the mixed up ex-roadname equipment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conrail
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

just to give you an idea of how sad the alcos looked.

http://crcyc.railfan.net/locos/alco/c420/c420.html
http://crcyc.railfan.net/locos/alco/c424/c424.html
http://crcyc.railfan.net/locos/alco/c425/c425.html
http://crcyc.railfan.net/locos/alco/c430/c430.html
http://crcyc.railfan.net/locos/alco/c628/c628.html
http://crcyc.railfan.net/locos/alco/c630/c630.html
http://crcyc.railfan.net/locos/alco/c636/c636.html

anyhow, this why this pack is not in the US set. it is more a bit of playable history. I was also considering making a limited amtrak pack with 1 or 2 rainbow year trains.

Up to you guys.
Attachments
Amtrak rainbow years
Amtrak rainbow years
am7bn338mixdfld773w.jpg (31.28 KiB) Viewed 24118 times
Amtrak rainbow years
Amtrak rainbow years
573dzchiw.jpg (59.09 KiB) Viewed 24150 times
Amtrak rainbow years
Amtrak rainbow years
RainbowHeader.jpg (34.28 KiB) Viewed 24150 times
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

The rainbow trains look pretty cool - reminds me of re-organisations in the UK - there are still some trains around in Network SouthEast colours for example, despite NSE having stopped existing in 1994!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I saw an amtrak "rainbow train" recently at union station in chicago on a siding. I am pretty sure they are all private cars. it was mostly New York Central, but there were UP and an empire builder car in the mix. It had no visible engines with it, It would be cool if there was an F or E unit for it.
SkyNet
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SkyNet »

i like the idea with this pack , but i am not really a "freak" about liverys ... so i have enough stuff with your usset, the amtrack pack , the steamers and the metropack :)

there are so much good looking vehicles, that i cant decide wich one i want to play with :)
alphanumeric
Director
Director

Post by alphanumeric »

SkyNet wrote:
there are so much good looking vehicles, that i cant decide wich one i want to play with :)
darn that stupid vehicle limit
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

alphanumeric wrote:
SkyNet wrote:
darn that stupid vehicle limit
Tell me about it. I updated the map for the auto mod 2.5 lastnight and was sitting there for an hour tryingto decide what to put make drivable. I thought i was done, then I remembered this pack. (no, i did not have it installed lol). This pack is the right year and location for the automod map. ... a perfect match....
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

Have you to do before the still ALCO Roadswitcher Pack of Jan Henning?
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Walter1940 wrote:Have you to do before the still ALCO Roadswitcher Pack of Jan Henning?
the Southern Pacific pack? if so, yes
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I thought i would post a shot, Just so you can see how ugly these are. ignore the non-Conrails Alcos.
Attachments
A few Alocs from the pack.
A few Alocs from the pack.
Alcos.PNG (138.23 KiB) Viewed 23345 times
Walter1940
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Walter1940 »

Plastikman wrote:I thought i would post a shot, Just so you can see how ugly these are. ignore the non-Conrails Alcos.
Why ugly? The locomotives are not "factory-new". Nevertheless, this is good. In the real life they not always also look clean and nice. If you mean this.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I like them a lot, i used my automod map all weekend and ran just the alcos... :D i like the ugly.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”