Here you will find binaries for Windows and MacOS provided by openttd.org. In these, you will find this new type of depot. The savegames you create with these binaries will only work with this version. So do take care and do not overwrite any savegame you want to play in vanilla OpenTTD.
I will name the current depots (the ones that have lived in OpenTTD for years) with the name "standard depots" and the ones I introduce "extended depots". The name probably is not ok, but it is debatable how to name them.
How to test the new depots:
- From the (expert) settings, you can enable the standard/extended version for rail, road and water transport. Search the setting "depot type".
- Also from settings, you can enable/disable replacement vehicles with different railtypes or roadtypes. Search the setting "cross-replacement" (I am not good at deciding names for new things). If enabled, you can replace your 1950 old rail train with its monorail or maglev version.
- When building depots, in your building toolbar you will have one or two buttons for depots (depending whether you have one or two depot types enabled). With the tooltip, you can see which one is the standard depot and which one is the extended one.
- The extended depots are built almost as if they were stations.
- You can also press CTRL to distant-join depot tiles.
- For extended water depots, only one ship can be stopped or servicing in each depot part.
- For extended road depots, there can be at most 3 vehicles stopped/servicing in each tile.
- For extended train depots, if you have a train with a length of 5 tiles, you have to build a depot platform of five tiles so it can leave the depot.
Feedback will be appreciated. Note as well, that there may be some unexpected crashes. Please report them in this forum or in the GitHub repository.
The graphics of the original depots are not good for extended rail depots. You can download and use the "Bigger Depots" NewGRF or any other NewGRF that adds graphics for modular depots.