Zimmlocks creations develoment thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Zimmlocks latest creation

Post by Hyronymus »

Eddi wrote:

Code: Select all

sprites/nfo/banks.pnfo:328:        21 \w1870   \w1870  // long year introduction
this is probably the line you should change. it should not be earlier than any other building in TTRS (probably 1930)
But that lines is in a TTDPatch block, isn't it?
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Hyronymus wrote:But that lines is in a TTDPatch block, isn't it?
No, that line is skipped in TTDP. But yes, it's the long format availability years for the house-bank that are causing problems, because no other buildings have those properties set. What's odd is that only one of the eight banks seems to have been coded as a house. Wouldn't it be better to just leave the banks out if FIRS is active?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

PaulC wrote:
Hyronymus wrote:But that lines is in a TTDPatch block, isn't it?
No, that line is skipped in TTDP. But yes, it's the long format availability years for the house-bank that are causing problems, because no other buildings have those properties set. What's odd is that only one of the eight banks seems to have been coded as a house. Wouldn't it be better to just leave the banks out if FIRS is active?
I think so but I'm having a hard time finding the code as it's on the repository - when I decompile the grf I have I can't find it.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

It probably looks totally different in a decompiled grf. If you want to change it, it's easier to work from the source.
If you want, you can tell me what you want changed and I can build you a custom grf next time I work on the Dutch trainset again. Please send me a PM about it, so that I don't forget ;)
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

FooBar wrote:It probably looks totally different in a decompiled grf. If you want to change it, it's easier to work from the source.
If you want, you can tell me what you want changed and I can build you a custom grf next time I work on the Dutch trainset again. Please send me a PM about it, so that I don't forget ;)
That explains my unfortunate hunt :P. Will drop you a PM.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

FooBar wrote:It probably looks totally different in a decompiled grf. If you want to change it, it's easier to work from the source.
What strikes me odd is: Hyronymus' savegame shows the year 1839 while the TTRS code defines tha availability as 1870 onward for that bank...

// skip the next sprite for TTDPatch as it doesn't know long intro dates
-1 * 0  09 9D \b4 \7= \d0 \b1
-1 * 0	00 07
	\b2     // change 2 properties
	02 C2               // change two IDs, starting at C2
	21 \w1870   \w1870  // long year introduction
	22 \w9999   \w9999  // long year max appearance
I wonder whether the short introduction date messes it up - though it should be ignored in the presence of the long one:

3 * 65	 00 07
	\b14     // change 13 properties
	02 C2               // change two IDs, starting at C2

08 57       58      // substitute type
    09 04       00      // 2x1 building
	0B 10       00      // population
	0C 10       10      // mail gen
	0D 01       01      // pax accept
	0E 03       03      // mail accept
	0F 03       03      // goods accept
	10 \w200    \w200   // LA impact. high
	11 \b10     \b10    // removal
	12 20 DC    20 DC   // Building name
    13 \wxF81F  \wx0    // availability mask
	18 PROBABILITY      // probability. low
	1F \b20     \b20    // building lifetime
	0A 0A f0    0A f0   // availability years 1920 till ever
Foobar: If you see a fix: please don't hesitate to commit it. Nothing will stop us to publish then a fixed version.
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

That would seem to be normal behaviour. From the wiki:
The availability of all active houses with the lowest availability year is set to start from year 0, so that always at least one house is available irrespective of starting year.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

planetmaker wrote:Foobar: If you see a fix: please don't hesitate to commit it. Nothing will stop us to publish then a fixed version.
I think the solution is to find the earliest starting year of the other houses and use that for the bank as well. Don't know when I have time to look into it though, that will probably be a few days.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

PaulC wrote:That would seem to be normal behaviour. From the wiki:
The availability of all active houses with the lowest availability year is set to start from year 0, so that always at least one house is available irrespective of starting year.
Oh, indeed, I didn't recall that piece of information. Then it's the expected behaviour and we just need to figure out what is the introduction date of the earliest house(s).
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

FooBar wrote:
planetmaker wrote:Foobar: If you see a fix: please don't hesitate to commit it. Nothing will stop us to publish then a fixed version.
I think the solution is to find the earliest starting year of the other houses and use that for the bank as well. Don't know when I have time to look into it though, that will probably be a few days.
And, have you found it :P.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

FooBar wrote:Looking into it now :)
Thank you very much :bow: .
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

It should now be fixed. I've attached a nightly below. If there are no problems with this, we can make it a new official release.

Due to the change there will be no banks (as house) before 1930, just like the other TTRS buildings. So if you start a game before 1930, you'll get the default TTD houses. TTRS houses (and house-banks) will be built from 1930. The behaviour of banks as industry is not changed.

Ideally this grf should get a complete recode to support TTRS houses in OpenTTD before 1930, but that's an awful lot of work that I don't particularly fancy.
Attachments
ttrs3w-nightly-r42.zip
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 217 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

It seems you fixed it :).
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

while this thread is active: can some mod put "TTRS development thread" in the thread title in some way? it's somewhat undescriptive currently :)
kamnet

TTRS Petrol Station Orientation

Post by kamnet »

If somebody gets a chance, would you mind either recoding or redrawing (or both?) the petrol station so that the pavement always orients towards the road? This just looks wrong:
Attachments
ttrspetrol.png
ttrspetrol.png (149.37 KiB) Viewed 4452 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TTRS Petrol Station Orientation

Post by wallyweb »

kamnet wrote:If somebody gets a chance, would you mind either recoding or redrawing (or both?) the petrol station so that the pavement always orients towards the road? This just looks wrong:
It's a new California conservation/environmental thing where all retail gas pumps must be inaccessible to vehicles. (Eat your heart out Jerry Brown ... I thought of it first.) :twisted:
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Zimmlocks creations develoment thread

Post by SkiddLow »

Petrol station can't access at the grass, exit to house, make the collide, that's so funny.
De Funes
Engineer
Engineer

Post by De Funes »

planetmaker wrote:Total Town Replacement Set v3.13

Today I uploaded v3.13 to BaNaNaS. It has no gameplay change but a slightly re-worked readme file so that it can be viewed much more conveniently by means of the readme viewer as now found in trunk releases of OpenTTD. Enjoy!
I'm not sure where to put this post, but I hope that it perceives the one to whom it is directed.

I would like to point out that in a multiplayer game does not change graphics "old time" to "modern age" (I think around 1970). I mean the change of road surface, the appearance of bridges, road depot as well as bus stops and lorry stations, etc... In one game player (no multiplayer), this mechanism works fine.

I enclose a picture from multiplayer game.

Greetings from Czech Republic
De Funes.
Attachments
multi player game.png
(456.25 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
Transport Tycoon player since 1997
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

De Funes wrote: I would like to point out that in a multiplayer game does not change graphics "old time" to "modern age" (I think around 1970). I mean the change of road surface, the appearance of bridges, road depot as well as bus stops and lorry stations, etc... In one game player (no multiplayer), this mechanism works fine.
Yes, that's known. It's a limitation in OpenTTD. Multiplayer games would desync, if such change was allowed.

Return to “Graphics Development”