FISH is Ships! - v0.9.2 released 31 July [OTTD]

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: FISH is Ships! (v0.6.1 released) [OTTD]

Post by kamnet »

Oops, yes they are. I had forgotten! :oops:

Also, Andy's been on the dev path for barges for awhile.
andythenorth wrote:
Railwaymodeler wrote:Haven't tried the log ship yet (Nor have I really noticed it), but how difficult would it be, to implement barge ships.
They'll be in. Not drawn yet, but I have a range of capacities already coded. Ships can't be articulated, so the max barge train size is 4 barges + towboat (pushboat), for 960t. There are one and two barge versions coded.
goalie
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by goalie »

is this grf usable with ttdpatch?
Comm Cody
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Comm Cody »

The OTTD in bracket tells me otherwise.
Something goes here, hell if I know.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

goalie wrote:is this grf usable with ttdpatch?
It could be made so. It wouldn't be a lot of work. I won't do it because I have no way of testing for ttdpatch, but I'm happy to support someone else doing it.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

andythenorth wrote:
It could be made so. It wouldn't be a lot of work. I won't do it because I have no way of testing for ttdpatch, but I'm happy to support someone else doing it.
How come you cant test in ttdpatch? If you have windows its fairly easy as long as you have the grf's from TTDx
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

andythenorth wrote:
I'll test it if you think it will be supported by TTDPatch as is. Without knowing what you did (if you did) to block the Patch, I hesitate to touch the code.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

wallyweb wrote:I'll test it if you think it will be supported by TTDPatch as is. Without knowing what you did (if you did) to block the Patch, I hesitate to touch the code.
I've done nothing zero, nothing, zilch in FISH to support or block TTDPatch ;)

(Unless you count including too many ships).

What happens if you try and use FISH in TTDPatch?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

andythenorth wrote:(Unless you count including too many ships).
I don't know if this will be an issue. I'll look into it. :?
What happens if you try and use FISH in TTDPatch?
I'll find out tonight when I get home. 8)
Whoa be unto you if there be any bilge water in my hard drive. Beware the belaying pin and he who knows how to use it. :twisted:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

REPORT OF THE STANDING AND SITTING PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE FOR INVESTIGATION INTO CLAIMS OF GRF COMPLIANCE
1.0 The Claim
andythenorth wrote:I've done nothing zero, nothing, zilch in FISH to support or block TTDPatch
1.2 fish.grf should work under TTDPatch (TTDP)

2.0 The Procedure
2.1 Wallyweb Test Facility (WTF) was appointed to conduct an investigation into claims that fish.grf should work under TTDP.
2.2 WTF found a somewhat functional used PC running Windows ex-pee (which is a good thing as the relieving of bladders during testing procedures is frowned upon) with a fully pirated Windows version of Transport Tycoon Deluxe (TTDX) installed on hard drive C under the folder MPS as well as the latest version (r2349) of TTDP.
2.3 WTF, through its Lack-of Intelligence Agency Research Section (LIARS), obtained a copy of fish.grf and installed it in the newgrf folder found in the MPS folder wherein was installed TTDX as well as TTDP (r2349) on the somewhat functional used PC running Windows ex-pee.
2.4 WTF located the newgrf configuration file formerly known as newgrf.cfg and reconfigured the newgrf configuration file formerly known as newgrf.cfg to include a reference that pointed to the fish.grf file that had been installed in the newgrf folder found in the MPS folder wherein was installed TTDX as well as TTDP (r2349) on the somewhat functional used PC running Windows ex-pee.
2.5 WTF, through its LIARS, invoked, via a desktop shortcut, a session of TTDX patched with TTDP (r2349).

3.0 Observations
3.1 It was observed that the start page of TTDX patched with TTDP (r2349) was seen to appear on the flat screen monitor attached to the somewhat functional used PC running Windows ex-pee with a fully pirated Windows version of TTDX installed on hard drive C under the folder MPS as well as the latest version (r2349) of TTDP.
3.2 It was observed that the committee chair had the assistance of a very attractive executive assistant.
3.3 It was observed that a red error message block appeared in the upper left corner of the start page of TTDX patched with TTDP (r2349) on the flat screen monitor attached to the somewhat functional used PC running Windows ex-pee with a fully pirated Windows version of TTDX installed on hard drive C under the folder MPS as well as the latest version (r2349) of TTDP.
3.4 It was observed that the committee chair's very attractive executive assistant left the room in which sat THE STANDING AND SITTING PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE FOR INVESTIGATION INTO CLAIMS OF GRF COMPLIANCE.
3.5 It was observed that the error message in the red error message block that appeared in the upper left corner of the start page of TTDX patched with TTDP (r2349) on the flat screen monitor attached to the somewhat functional used PC running Windows ex-pee with a fully pirated Windows version of TTDX installed on hard drive C under the folder MPS as well as the latest version (r2349) of TTDP said "Error loading new graphics: File "newgrf\fish.grf" has invalid sprite #24 (code 4/5)."
3.6 It was observed that the committee chair left the room in which sat THE STANDING AND SITTING PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE FOR INVESTIGATION INTO CLAIMS OF GRF COMPLIANCE.
3.7 It was observed that WTF's LIARS were assigned to interpret the error message in the red error message block that appeared in the upper left corner of the start page of TTDX patched with TTDP (r2349) on the flat screen monitor attached to the somewhat functional used PC running Windows ex-pee with a fully pirated Windows version of TTDX installed on hard drive C under the folder MPS as well as the latest version (r2349) of TTDP that said "Error loading new graphics: File "newgrf\fish.grf" has invalid sprite #24 (code 4/5)."
3.8 It was observed that the committee chair's very attractive executive assistant returned to the room in which sat THE STANDING AND SITTING PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE FOR INVESTIGATION INTO CLAIMS OF GRF COMPLIANCE.
3.9 It was observed that WTF's LIARS who were assigned to interpret the error message in the red error message block that appeared in the upper left corner of the start page of TTDX patched with TTDP (r2349) on the flat screen monitor attached to the somewhat functional used PC running Windows ex-pee with a fully pirated Windows version of TTDX installed on hard drive C under the folder MPS as well as the latest version (r2349) of TTDP and that said "Error loading new graphics: File "newgrf\fish.grf" has invalid sprite #24 (code 4/5) reported that a copy of fish.grf was decoded with GRFWizard revealing an nfo file (fish.nfo) that contained the errant pseudosprite #24.
3.A It was observed that the committee chair returned to the room in which sat THE STANDING AND SITTING PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE FOR INVESTIGATION INTO CLAIMS OF GRF COMPLIANCE with a red substance promonently displayed on the collar of his very expensivly tailored white silk dress shirt.

4.0 Analysis
4.1 For (code 4/5)
Sprite errors wrote:File has invalid sprite #nr (code code/pos) The pseudo-sprite data of the given sprite is invalid; see below for explanation of code and pos

the code defines what kind of error occured, and the position pos in most cases (i.e. whenever possible) points to the byte in the sprite that follows the one which triggered the error.

code 4 The sprite refers to an invalid vehicle/text/town part ID

Code: Select all

24 * 49 00 02 11 01 F2 00 57 47 03 23 06 0F 07 14  08 FF 09 00 0A 08 0B 27 0C 07 0D 90 01 0F 45 10 04 11 00 00 00 00 17 02 18 00 00 19 00 00 1A B6 6C 0A 00
Counting the first byte as 0, pos4 (5-1) has a value of F2 (242 decimal)
Action0 wrote:<Sprite-number> * <Length> 00 <Feature> <Num-props> <Num-info> <Id> (<Property <New-info>)...
This identifies pos4 as <Id>.
VehicleIDs - List of vehicle IDs wrote:The IDs listed are the only IDs that can be used in TTDPatch and OpenTTD prior to r12924. Since OpenTTD r13482, IDs greater than 255 are allowed, up to a theoretical limit of 65535.
There are 11 (0A) IDs available for ships.
4.5 The error message indicates that ID F2 is invalid.
4.6 The VehicleID page indicates that ship IDs greater than 0A are invalid.
4.7 F2 > 0A

5.0 Conclusion
5.1 F2 is not a valid ID under TTDPatch.
5.2 The file fish.grf has no IDs within the acceptable 00 - 0A range.
5.3 The file fish.grf is not TTDX/TTDP compatible.

6.0 Recommendation
6.1 Either recode fish.grf to be TTDX/TTDP compatible or prepend [OTTD] (or continue to append [OTTD]) to the title of this thread.

7.0 Addendum
7.1 In a recent article appearing in several news media headlined PM NARROWLY AVOIDS SCANDAL it was reported that the Prime Minister visited Rideau Hall to submit to the Governor General a request to prorogue Parliament until the new year. It is rumored that the PM did this in order to avoid embarrassing questionning from the ranks of the loyal opposition members regarding recent activities conducted by the Minister For Local Authorities during a sitting of THE STANDING AND SITTING PARLIAMENTARY COMMITTEE FOR INVESTIGATION INTO CLAIMS OF GRF COMPLIANCE wherein a fishy application for TTDX/TTDP certification for fish.grf was denied.

@ andythenorth - Do you have any other grf's in need of TTDX/TTDP testing?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

you made my day with this nicely written report, wallyweb :-)
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

It is probably the best bug report ever.
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

what they said. :mrgreen:
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

WOW! Just simply WOW! :lol:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Ammler
President
President

Post by Ammler »

you could also edit http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/fis ... o/ids.pnfo and assign the IDs to the ships you would like and run make, also post the grf and diff here, so other patch users could use it too.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

You have exactly one guess whose idea that was ;-)
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

planetmaker wrote:You have exactly one guess whose idea that was ;-)
Fred's?
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: FISH is Ships! (v0.7.0 released) [OTTD]

Post by andythenorth »

FISH 0.7.0 released - Bananas, first post of thread.

- Cargo hold graphics for River Boats when loading / unloading.
- Utility Vessel (Medium) uses ferry graphics when refitted to PAX (Dan MacK).
- Smoke for some ships (needs OpenTTD r21240 or newer).
- Updated minimum OpenTTD version requirements (Planetmaker).
- Many internal changes to make the set easier to develop and maintain.
Attachments
utility_ferry.png
utility_ferry.png (17.67 KiB) Viewed 2480 times

Return to “Graphics Releases”