Realistic ships/trucks

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

hmmz at least give me more docks or more/better looking docks (including some containers, some more action/station like.... (i know to much work?)

a setup like:

--------DDDD------------------------(land)
--------DDDD----------------------
````` DDDD
```` DDDD

where you have a 2by 2 docks only 2 tiles for the ship to enter and 2 graphics tiles for random stuff@ docks
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Have you tried the Harbour/container station GRF? Its very useful. Id still like to attach more than one 'dock' to a station but for now the harbour GRF fills a big gap!

Here is a mock-up I made using it...
(The extra docks are actually different stations seperated by roads!)
Attachments
harbour.png
harbour.png (132.86 KiB) Viewed 465 times
Last edited by Ben_K on 24 Mar 2007 16:03, edited 1 time in total.
RMJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RMJ »

Simply put a max lenght on briges again, then you have to use ships across sea's :)
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

or up A LOT of land (still very profitable if you can afford it)

btw nice add-on however im playing OTTD, so will it work there? i dislike the colors of the stations a little bit, but i will download and see it;)
mosfet
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mosfet »

I think a massive increase in the price of landscaping would help A LOT. This would make trains unusable in certain situations, especially if track laying and maintaining prices are increased. Then ships become more affordable for crossing large bodies of water and trucks become more affordable over short but difficult terrain.
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

Ben_K wrote:Have you tried the Harbour/container station GRF? Its very useful. Id still like to attach more than one 'dock' to a station but for now the harbour GRF fills a big gap!

i do have the nice addon, however missing the nice other stations you have there, and the disadvantage of that set is that it only shows goods on the station if there are more then 200 waiting goods ammounts...

but again, better then nothing:)
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

Ben_K wrote:Have you tried the Harbour/container station GRF? Its very useful. Id still like to attach more than one 'dock' to a station but for now the harbour GRF fills a big gap!

i do have the nice addon, however missing the nice other stations you have there, and the disadvantage of that set is that it only shows goods on the station if there are more then 200 waiting goods ammounts...

ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

Entane
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Entane »

did you know that 90% of the worlds transport is done by ships? :shock:
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Realistic ships/trucks

Post by andythenorth »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote: bigger capacity boat / different running costs / profits for boats (make canals worth the massive investment)
How about river barges, as used on the Mississippi, Rhine etc. They would need to be:

- moderately expensive to buy
- very cheap to run
- quite slow
- very long lasting

Replacing the standard ships with sprites for barges would be fun and they would be more in scale with the size & capacity of trains.

Even better would be articulating the barges and being able to add more barges to a tug to create a barge string / train. This would be a lot more complex I guess.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”