Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:09 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1519 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2276 Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:45 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I just updated the Cargo Flow Chart, I hope it's satisfying. Perhaps if something is not proper English you can tell me since I'm no native english speaker. And I have two other questions:

How much does delivery of engineering supplies and farm supplies increase the productivity of the industries which they are delivered to?

How does conversion of cargo at the Machine Shop work? 8 tons of metal are transformed into 4 tons of engineering supplies and 4 tons of farm supplies? Is this valid for the delivery of petrol to a Machine Shop too? And does the Metal Foundry behave like this too?

Attachments:
OTT_FIRS.pdf [385.43 KiB]
Downloaded 10281 times

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:38 pm 
President
President

isn't it OTTD or what does OTT mean?

Edit: also maybe you can reflect the industry color from the minimap?
Edit2: something else than white background is a bit toner waste for printing. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:35 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thanks for doing this :)
Fry3k wrote:
How much does delivery of engineering supplies and farm supplies increase the productivity of the industries which they are delivered to?

At the end of each month, if supplies have been delivered, there is a 1 in 4 chance of a production increase.
Quote:
How does conversion of cargo at the Machine Shop work? 8 tons of metal are transformed into 4 tons of engineering supplies and 4 tons of farm supplies? Is this valid for the delivery of petrol to a Machine Shop too? And does the Metal Foundry behave like this too?

Yes:
8t metal => 4 tons of engineering supplies + 4 tons of farm supplies.
8t petrol => 4 tons of engineering supplies + 4 tons of farm supplies.
8t metal + 8t petrol => 8 tons of engineering supplies + 8 tons of farm supplies.

You've probably noticed that some other industries process more efficiently if a combination of cargos is delivered?

Road Hog (road vehicles, released)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:24 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Fry3k wrote:
I just updated the Cargo Flow Chart, I hope it's satisfying. Perhaps if something is not proper English you can tell me since I'm no native english speaker.
Looking great!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:13 pm 
Chairman
Chairman

Ive just started playing again. I notice that there is no warning any more of secondary industry closure?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:05 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Bob_Mackenzie wrote:
Ive just started playing again. I notice that there is no warning any more of secondary industry closure?

By default, FIRS secondary industries don't close. There's a param to enable that if you wish (but there's no warnings other than the in-game news message). Check the readme file for parameter instructions ;)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:58 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

FIRS 0.5.4 released - Bananas, first page of thread.

*0.5.4* Changes the following:
- Small amounts of delivered cargo no longer 'lost' at secondary industries
- Additional layouts for Biorefinery
- Additional layouts for Lumber Yard
- Fixed wrong characters in Serbian translation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:47 pm 
Chairman
Chairman

andythenorth wrote:
Bob_Mackenzie wrote:

By default, FIRS secondary industries don't close. There's a param to enable that if you wish (but there's no warnings other than the in-game news message). Check the readme file for parameter instructions ;)

Thanks - the parameter is set. I was then shocked to see industries disappear with no warning - I'm sure there used to be a warning?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:21 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

I like that feature with small production even without delivery.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:22 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Kogut wrote:

I don't :o You just found quite a serious bug :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:10 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

andythenorth wrote:
Kogut wrote:

I don't :o You just found quite a serious bug :oops:

Is it possible to keep it with option to enable it?
Hmm. Second thing - maybe it is second part of bug - production in secondaries seems to be smaller than before.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:43 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Kogut wrote:

Not as a parameter - sorry. The reason is testing. Here's some equations :)

Code:
Number of test games that need to be played = number of parameters for production code

Except sometimes parameters have different effects when combined, then number of test games needed is factorial :P

It makes bug reporting + testing harder too.

I could make it an easy switch for people who are prepared to compile FIRS themselves (unsupported).

Quote:
Hmm. Second thing - maybe it is second part of bug - production in secondaries seems to be smaller than before.

Could be a bug. Can you do me a favour and compare same industry and delivery amounts for FIRS 0.5.3 and 0.5.4?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Bob_Mackenzie wrote:
andythenorth wrote:

Thanks - the parameter is set. I was then shocked to see industries disappear with no warning - I'm sure there used to be a warning?
That warning is a news message, perhaps you have disabled that type of news?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:11 am 
Chairman
Chairman

Alberth wrote:
Bob_Mackenzie wrote:
andythenorth wrote:

That warning is a news message, perhaps you have disabled that type of news?

Probably

However there used to a warning in the industry window

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:57 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Bob_Mackenzie wrote:
However there used to a warning in the industry window

Only for the power plant (removed) and a couple of other 'black hole' industries. There was never a warning in the industry window for secondary industry. However there might be in future.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:29 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Nice cliff hanger :p

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:40 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

andythenorth wrote:
Kogut wrote:

Not as a parameter - sorry. The reason is testing. Here's some equations :)

Code:
Number of test games that need to be played = number of parameters for production code

Except sometimes parameters have different effects when combined, then number of test games needed is factorial :P

It makes bug reporting + testing harder too.

I could make it an easy switch for people who are prepared to compile FIRS themselves (unsupported).

Quote:

Could be a bug. Can you do me a favour and compare same industry and delivery amounts for FIRS 0.5.3 and 0.5.4?

Brewery is completely broken (tested only in 0.5.4 so far): 600 grain delivery, 0 output, 100 grain delivery - 6 output etc. Savegame from r21258.
EDIT: Steel mill ignores coal - second position on list have problems?.
EDIT: aluminium plant with chemicals works fine.

Attachments:
Hiekkanummi Transport, 3rd Dec 1954.sav [137.68 KiB]
Downloaded 82 times

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:29 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Kogut wrote:
Brewery is completely broken (tested only in 0.5.4 so far): 600 grain delivery, 0 output, 100 grain delivery - 6 output etc. Savegame from r21258.

Thanks. When I changed the code I was worried I would break something, it's quite complex. I'll have a look what the problems are and do a new release within a few days.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:15 pm 
Chairman
Chairman

The forge is producing even though I have no deliveries....

Attachment:
Brown & Co., 19-03-1928#2.png [76.97 KiB]
Downloaded 1 time

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:20 pm 
Chairman
Chairman

Lime kiln has the same problem

(edit)

And the Lumber Mill

Last edited by Bob_Mackenzie on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1519 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 2276 Next