Slovak Transportation Graphic Set (STGFX)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

spajdy
Engineer
Engineer

Slovak Transportation Graphic Set (STGFX)

Post by spajdy »

Hello,
we want to introduce you our little projects of Slovak Transport Graphics (hereinafter referred to as "STGFX"). Here is a list of sets we plan to create. Into this thread I will add news and progress pictures so I have documentation of the development.
  • Slovak Bus Set work in progress
  • Slovak Train Set work in progress
  • Slovak Trolley Set work in progress
  • Slovak Tram Set on hold
  • Slovak Truck Set on hold
Lets talk and show!

Slovak Bus Set we aimed at citybuses mainly, because we wanted to do something complex and enjoyable for players (ehm, us).
Here is a picture, you can see there Karosa ŠM 11 (city bus), Karosa C 734 (local lines) and Ikarus 280 (.08 city bus, .10 local lines). All Karosa buses in the picture use comapny colours (1st company colour is for citybus, 2st comapny colour is for local lines, but this is not a rule). Ikarus 280 has actual livery used on them.
prew_1.png
prew_1.png (241.57 KiB) Viewed 976 times
We used subtype menu to allow change between CC version and actual livery used in reality.
Subtype menu for Karosa B731
Subtype menu for Karosa B731
prew_3.png (11.56 KiB) Viewed 976 times
As you can notice, there are subtypes for Karosa B731 and those are: B 731, B 732 (updated version) and B 732 CNG equipped with CNG engine that is cheaper to operate. (Yes ingame!) And there are town names that this vehicle can use livery of.

Of course there is much more buses in set to show than Karosa and Ikarus, but why would I show everything in the beginning, right?

Slovak Train Set, well here I aimed at the fact that Slovakia use two main electric system for trains. DC 3kV and AC 25 kV. So I wanted to include behaviour of this ingame. That was quiet nuts, but I knew it was made before, so I tried and I did it. Actually I even added few more railtypes in the game. AC 15 kV (because of short railtrack connection to Austria), and narrow gauges 600mm, 1000mm (those two need to be done properly as there are nonelectrified, electrified and with rag rail versions, but this have time for now.)
I obeyed standardized labels for this (for sake of working it properly and avoid headache) and I've created my own system of labeling for this. It will be published online on public grf file itself so anyone can understand how it works.

(Anyway, I saw there were attempt to make Trains of Europe with electrification systems, but I don't know if it has been done or not. But I think there were diffuluties, so I considered for short period of time to expand my Slovak rail set to Europe rail set, but I don't think I've drive to that.)
List of railtypes
List of railtypes
prew_4.png (10.42 KiB) Viewed 976 times
Other thing I wanted in-game was longer carriages because length of "8" looks so strange for me and I've seen this in Czech Train Sets so I speculated how to do this, and I figured it out.
Not only that I've made it I decided I want locomotives and carriages behave rather as in reality. It is a small touch but you can notice that end lights are on only on the last car of the train. Even red lights on the loco are switched off (but you can't see this on this picture) but I think it is worth this small details no one really cares about. (Well, I do.)
Špajdy | Slovakia | languages: slovak, eneglish | I code in NML |

| My projects: DB PushPull https://bit.ly/3l9MIzf | Slovak Transport Graphic Set https://bit.ly/38jEHo1

The first BETA version of the Slovak Bus Set is planned for the end of the December of 2020 or the first days of 2021.
spajdy
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Slovak Transportation Graphic Set (STGFX)

Post by spajdy »

Here are pictures of our PushPull that actually behave as a pushpull unit. And yes you can try our pushpull technologies if you search for DB Pushpull on the forum. We made it public as it is not suitable for Slovak Train Pack, so gave it. It should behave almost the same.
PushPull pulling
PushPull pulling
prew_6.png (90.48 KiB) Viewed 971 times
PushPull pushing
PushPull pushing
prew_7.png (90.95 KiB) Viewed 971 times

| My projects: DB PushPull https://bit.ly/3l9MIzf | Slovak Transport Graphic Set https://bit.ly/38jEHo1

The first BETA version of the Slovak Bus Set is planned for the end of the December of 2020 or the first days of 2021.
Larpacock
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Larpacock »

Hi guys,
I absolutely love the idea of this set and looking forward to try it in the game. For couple of months I've been playing scenario based on Slovakia heightmap so using actual liveries for slovak towns/cities will be magnificent.
Fingers crossed and keep up good work. :bow: :bow:

Thanks

Larp (SVK)
Engineer

Post by MLG »

spajdy wrote: 06 Oct 2020 20:17 (Anyway, I saw there were attempt to make Trains of Europe with electrification systems, but I don't know if it has been done or not. But I think there were diffuluties, so I considered for short period of time to expand my Slovak rail set to Europe rail set, but I don't think I've drive to that.)
Looking forward to it. :bow: And, you could possibly in future start with adding Czech trains to it (you will already have the tracks and a lot of trains), and then expanding it slowly.

PS: How timed! Just after my release of trains from High Tatra mountains! :D viewtopic.php?f=67&t=87490 Poor trains. :cry: Okay, at least the tracks I made can be useful for somebody... And feel free to PM me, if you wish to use some of my train graphics.
You can write to me in English, or Czech.
Můžete mi psát česky, nebo anglicky.
spajdy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spajdy »

MLG wrote: 07 Oct 2020 16:10 Just after my release of trains from High Tatra mountains!
I've actually downloaded that and was like why the hell this doesn't work than I figured out mismatched labels with my own set. (I happen to forget about those, often.)
So I've changed my label to standardized for High Tatras track and it worked fine. But it won't in the future, because I decided using strictly my own labels for this set, so once I get to those trains I will change it properly.

spajdy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spajdy »

I am here just with a quick update:
We've decided on a beta release of our Slovak Bus Set, it should be by the end of December of this year. We are not done with this, but we post our progress on Instagram and people started asking when they can play with it, so that is why we are planning on public testing.
nahlad_velky.png
nahlad_velky.png (20.73 KiB) Viewed 599 times
banner.png
banner.png (9.71 KiB) Viewed 405 times

So, now you know.
Last edited by spajdy on 08 Nov 2020 12:43, edited 1 time in total.

fridaemon
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by fridaemon »

Can't wait to see them how they pick up customers from my Kaufland or Tesco :twisted:

P.S.: veľký náhľad sa mi moc páči :P
------------------------------------------------------------------------
VERSION 1.1 COMES ON DECEMBER 11th
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Shops * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses (1.1) * Truck Parking Lots (1.1)

Fridaemon's Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87596
spajdy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by spajdy »

Upadate November 11th, 2020

Hello there, I want to document my progress as I go.
I am updating the code for my buses, so it is simpler to make changes furthermore because we have a lot of types and it gets a little bit confusing if it doesn't have any structure. And while I am doing so I am solving issues that bug me. And I am adding little tweaks here and there.