TT-Screenshot Of The Month - April 2012 to November 2013

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TT-Screenshot Of The Month - November Entries

Post by SwissFan91 »

My plan is thus: I will give my choice of theme for November to the first (sensible) suggestion with the proviso that December has a theme of Happy Holidays. Is everyone OK with that?

[EDIT] I have been sent a PM with an interesting theme. The theme for November will be No Trains.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

OK, Easy
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

SwissFan91 wrote:My plan is thus: I will give my choice of theme for November to the first (sensible) suggestion with the proviso that December has a theme of Happy Holidays. Is everyone OK with that?

[EDIT] I have been sent a PM with an interesting theme. The theme for November will be No Trains.
A very interesting and simple theme. A large scope for imagination :D .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Seeker
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Seeker »

I'm happy with that, got a couple of ideas already springing to mind and I might have to remake an old screenie I made last year for December
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - December 2013 (Winner)
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Seeker wrote:I'm happy with that, got a couple of ideas already springing to mind and I might have to remake an old screenie I made last year for December
Excellent. I noticed that the theme of December is already selected. Very good theme :)) .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

SwissFan91 wrote:My plan is thus: I will give my choice of theme for November to the first (sensible) suggestion with the proviso that December has a theme of Happy Holidays. Is everyone OK with that?
Meh, december holiday themes are so cliché. I'd prefer something more original, but I expect to be outvoted on this one. :P
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Purno wrote:
Meh, december holiday themes are so cliché. I'd prefer something more original, but I expect to be outvoted on this one. :P
What do you have in mind?
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Accident or crash would be a good theme for December (or november)...
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

kamnet wrote:
Nothing in particular, just anything that doesn't have a lot of snow, romatic fires, colourful lights and chrismas trees. It's like having a summer theme in summer, a winter theme in the winter, or a holiday theme during the holidays. :P
Trond wrote:Accident or crash would be a good theme for December (or november)...
Yeah, something totally not christmas-alike would be nice. Something like an "Unmerry Christmas" would be a nice change for december. Although I quite liked the tropical Christmas shot some Australian once submitted. :mrgreen:

Alternatively, we could just let the November winner pick the theme for December, like in any other month.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Purno wrote:
kamnet wrote:
Nothing in particular, just anything that doesn't have a lot of snow, romatic fires, colourful lights and chrismas trees. It's like having a summer theme in summer, a winter theme in the winter, or a holiday theme during the holidays. :P
Trond wrote:Accident or crash would be a good theme for December (or november)...
Yeah, something totally not christmas-alike would be nice. Something like an "Unmerry Christmas" would be a nice change for december. Although I quite liked the tropical Christmas shot some Australian once submitted. :mrgreen:

Alternatively, we could just let the November winner pick the theme for December, like in any other month.
Interesting thoughts about the selection of topics :mrgreen: .
But about providing a possibility for a choice of the theme for the December winner I agree :P
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

SwissFan91 wrote:...

Does that include "no tracks" as well, or would a pair of tracks going through the screenshot be OK, as long as there is no train visible?
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

The Irish wrote:

Does that include "no tracks" as well, or would a pair of tracks going through the screenshot be OK, as long as there is no train visible?
I think that without trains and tracks :P
Let Swiiss say, as it should. I too would like to know.
Ladusa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladusa »

Track and train is different thing! And theme is no trains ;) Dont destroy my screen before voting :P
lukasz1985
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by lukasz1985 »

You mean this:

Image ? :P
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

i Entry, see also Sent PM
Kee Hong  Trans & Co., 8 Des 1928.png
Kee Hong Trans & Co., 8 Des 1928.png (90.75 KiB) Viewed 3724 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The Irish wrote:

DON'T ASK! Jeez, now you give him the chance to add a "No tracks" requirement! Which I'd disagree with. :O
Yep. Or just one abandoned track would do, I guess. :P
Image Image
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

Does that ban trams as well?
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

My entry for this month. Hope this will now work with the max resolution:
Attachments
Wallabe Islands.png
Wallabe Islands.png (628.88 KiB) Viewed 3567 times
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

The Irish wrote:My entry for this month.
Is that corner lot still available? :D
SwissFan91
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SwissFan91 »

WRT the No Trains theme - showing tracks is fine. Themes never have set rules to them as I believe that this competition is self-regulating to an extent. For example, if the theme was Coal Stations and you entered a farm and a factory, I would hope that people would choose not to vote for it as it doesn't fit the theme. Therefore, this months winner is not solely who creates the prettiest picture but also who encapsulates the theme in the best manner.
Total Alpine Replacement Set: Industry, Town, Objects

Return to “Screenshots”