Forum slow?

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Re: Forum slow?

Post by te_lanus »

Greyfox wrote:So........here we go again. at the date and time of this post, 5 mins. to log in, 2/3 mins to access other topics. :(
It's fast here (on chrome) :?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Haven't noticed any slowness here either for at least the past week.

A single random slow page is usually something to do with your internet connection rather than the forum server. Consistent slowness over a longer period is usually due to server issues.
Greyfox
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Greyfox »

Nothing wrong with my internet connection. All other websites that I visited at that time were OK. This appears to be something that happens from time to time.
Windows 10 discussion here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72527
Looking for AMI trains, Chicago Locomotive Works, etc: You'll find your needs here: http://www.locomotiondepot.net/
Here's another: http://www.walter1940.de Lots of interesting stuff on this site, including tutorials.
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

There is some slowness when the nightly backup runs (such as at the time you posted, Greyfox). "Nightly" of course refers to the GMT night here. Working on improving it so it doesn't slow things down so much - sorry for the problems.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Slowness? I thought we just had a sign for a while saying the forum is down during the backup! Has that gone out of fashion?
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I had also noticed the same issues right after Greyfox had last posted, but it seemed to clear up within the hour and I've not seen any atypical issues since.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Chrill wrote:Slowness? I thought we just had a sign for a while saying the forum is down during the backup! Has that gone out of fashion?
That's the forum's own backup, but there's also a general serverwide backup which includes the backing up of all files on the server (that have changed). This has been causing more slowness than it should lately. Will hopefully be better soon, but it may be the end of the week before that happens.

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”