[OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots

Post by Chrill »

Hah. This could be uploaded. Very nice.
Chrill wrote:The city of Rinthill hasn't stopped growing. The Greater Rinthill Metropolitan region is no longer a thing, this area has been known as The State of Rinthill for a while. The whole map has grown more or less into one. A massive city stretches from the top left to the bottom right.

My current goal is to use all the industries in the map. There are some oil rigs to incorporate into this. I will also try to pick up all the Goods produced in various areas. NOTHING may go to waste.
Rinthill keeps on growing. This map is arguably a one-city map now. I keep building roads to make sure cities can merge. I've funded some industries to make use of the last empty space. I won't stop until the map is completely covered :mrgreen:
Attachments
Rinthill Eastern, 27th Mar 2048#1.png
(23.87 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I'm crazy. Why do I keep building here? There's no room! Ah well. This is a bit of a mess. Two pics, same area. One with lots of stuff hidden away so that you can't see anything, and one with most stuff hidden so that you CAN see what's going on.
Pilot wrote:Keningville is going to be a pain should you ever need to expand the station. The screens are looking very good so far!
You were saying?
Attachments
Rinthill Eastern, 13th Jun 2053.png
(1.29 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Rinthill Eastern, 13th Jun 2053#1.png
(1014.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote:
Pilot wrote:Keningville is going to be a pain should you ever need to expand the station. The screens are looking very good so far!
You were saying?
Yep, looks like it was most certainly a pain to expand :P Especially when compared to the town in big screenshot, with all your freight lines in the area!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Admittedly it was a pain. But it was good fun. It's challenging to develop this map. I've recently added a new freight mainline to the North-East of the world which carries a LOT of grain and wood. I'm also using ships to haul some Goods. I also exploded past 500 RVs and am now using close to 600.
My Scenarios:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Chrill wrote:Hah. This could be uploaded. Very nice.
Chrill wrote:The city of Rinthill hasn't stopped growing. The Greater Rinthill Metropolitan region is no longer a thing, this area has been known as The State of Rinthill for a while. The whole map has grown more or less into one. A massive city stretches from the top left to the bottom right.

My current goal is to use all the industries in the map. There are some oil rigs to incorporate into this. I will also try to pick up all the Goods produced in various areas. NOTHING may go to waste.
Rinthill keeps on growing. This map is arguably a one-city map now. I keep building roads to make sure cities can merge. I've funded some industries to make use of the last empty space. I won't stop until the map is completely covered :mrgreen:
Isn't that an Eurostar at Rinthill Euclid ? Which NewGRF is it ?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

acs121 wrote:Isn't that an Eurostar at Rinthill Euclid ? Which NewGRF is it ?
Those would be the Pendolinos from UKRS I believe. UKRS2 with UKRS2+ addon, to be specific. :)
My Scenarios:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

No, i know that red train was a Pendolino. But i think the Eurostar may be in UKRS too.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I might be misunderstanding which train you refer to. But yes, Eurostars are also part of the set and also operate at Rinthill Euclid!
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

First screenshot of 2018 continues the rather insane expansion of Rinthill. Back in 1994 (original post), Rinthill Eastern CEO and the mayor at the time, Mrs. Claire Hart, announced a project to rebuild Rinthill Euclid into a a through station rather than a terminus configuration as has been the case since way back in 1930 when it was first constructed.

Now, 90 years later (and 154 years after originally constructed), the Rinthill Euclid Station Terminus Project (REST Project) is completed. The complete change includes:

* Brand new through platforms for the Rinthill Euclid mainline, a total of 6 platforms.
* New underground terminus platform for the Rinthill-Grindham Express Line
* Slight relocation of underground terminus platform for the Rinthill-Keningville Suburban Line, alongside the Rinthill-Grindham Express Line
* Two new platforms at Nuntfield just outside Rinthill Euclid
* Massive redevelopment of Rinthill city center, with emphasis on improving life quality. Many parks and green spaces are being opened, chief of which a large park right where the old terminus used to sit
Attachments
Rinthill Eastern, 10th Nov 2084#1.png
(5.08 MiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Ouch, Rinthill even ate Nuntfield ?!
Also, i dunno which version of Dutch Station Addition you're using, but you know there's metro stations with tiles overlapping tunnelheads ?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I also don't know which Dutch Stations set I am using, but in this case such an overlap wouldnt make sense since I have signals and a junction before the tunnel. I don't recognise the feature though, so I probably use an older version.
My Scenarios:
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

There are empty pavements with a flat overlap at the front, and also flat overlapping tiles.
Those overlapping tiles are in Dutch Station Addition Set v0.8.
See how they are :
Eastston Transport, 7 Jun 2100.png
Normally seen
(152.59 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Eastston Transport, 7 Jun 2100#1.png
Station tiles transparent
(166.97 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Eastston Transport, 28 Jul 2100.png
In the menu
(55.55 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Over the holidays, I've been finding my way back into OpenTTD and a game that has now run roughly 120 years. In that time, Penford-Sluborough Railways have grown from a single line between the two aforementioned towns to complete domination of the entire region.

For my first photo, it's a straight comparison between the region of Penford in the year 2000 and the year 1889.

------

The first route opened by PSR was the local train from Penford North to Bondbourough West via the main station in Bondborough. Served by two sets of 4-2-2 Spinner steam trains, this route brought two neighbouring cities together for the first time. Before, this was a hugely popular route with stagecoach but the trains decreased travel times immensely.

Out in the waters, you can spot a boat travelling between Penford and Nunninghall.

Near the bottom of this photo, the city of Tronfingley Market can be found. Trains travel toward this city at speeds exceeding 100 kilometres per hour, mind boggingly fast.
Penford-Sluborough Railroads, 12th Apr 1889.png
(8.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet
It's been 111 years since the previous photo. Let's take a look at the development since. Oh boy, where to start? Well, this area itself has grown from a population of around 13,000 to 140,000 people. That creates a much heavier need for passenger transport. Among the developments include a train route reaching the previous small seaside town of Nunninghall, with land exclamation helping this sea-city blossom.

The coal trains that already operated back in the 1880s are still present, with the two coal mines producing close to 4000 tons of coal every month. East of the coal mines, Penford Sawmill is still going strong. Handling roughly 300 tons a month back in 1889, the mill today processes about 3000 tons of wood which is distributed via train, truck, and ship to the entire region.
Penford-Sluborough Railroads, 20th Feb 2000.png
(9.31 MiB) Not downloaded yet
------

Next, we turn our attention to the cities of Pruningpool and Prenington. These cities were reached by PSR in 1890 and this photo, taken 1894, shows considerable growth already. The main station of Plenington, to the East, was constructed underground and covered with a massive plaza which helped local authorities move from hesitant to downright thrilled about welcoming trains to their city.

The local services in Pruningpool are handled by 2-2-2 Lady trains running from Trarfingbourne in the North to Pruningpool Woods, strangely located in the center of Pruningpool. These trains run straight through town and polluted massively. I guess back then people didn't know better. :)
Penford-Sluborough Railroads, 12th May 1894.png
(3.43 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Now, in the year 2000, this region too has since incredible growth. Population of 5,000 in 1894, population of roughly 127,000 people in the year 2000 (including Sunthill City, which can only just be seen as a dirty village in the top of the old photo).

Looking at Prenington, the main station remains virtually unchanged apart from a new set of platforms to the West. The local train route in Prenington has seen a capacity increase, and its Northern station Prenington Woods (once genuinely in the woods) is now a halt for the trains running back from Sunthill City. Meanwhile, the once polluting station of Prenington Woods was quickly cleaned up and slightly re-routed.

Near the bottom of the photo, you can see large housing developments growing quickly. This region is sure to keep growing in the foreseeable future.
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Let's keep up the theme of before-and-after photos. I seem to like them.

------

The area of Fort Sutford was not reached by PSR until the early 1960s. Here, in 1960, the local train services between Fort Sutford, Sindingworth and Nundingbury had begun but the main line trains were yet to première. The lovely island city of Flinville (to the West) anticipated a massive tourist boom with the new train line. Before 1960, this city lacked a land connection (bus or train) and depended entirely on local ferry companies.
Penford-Sluborough Railroads, 5th Sep 1960.png
(9.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Fast forward merely forty years, and Fort Sutford itself has grown from a population below 400 people to almost 40,000 in a very short period of time. The main train station, once shunned locally for it's excessive extravagance is today reaching it's maximum capacity. Expansion is needed soon.

Flinville, as it's twin city in the previous post, has grown thanks to land reclamation. Perhaps not what the locals expected when Flinville began getting train services, but it is today a popular place to work due to its location on what remains a pretty island. While Narningpool Falls saw service as early as 1895, in the year 1910s things still hadn't really taken off for this city. Despite this, work was underway to construct a massive train station with eyes on building a transport hub with trains going West (Fort Sutford), East (Gudhall), and South (Pruningpool and Prenington). In 1918, the new train station was opened and with that a housing project to encourage citizens to move West of the train station. 4-4-0 Edwardian trains with a passenger capacity of 300 people (often full!) operated at the terminus station, but a vast majority of passengers merely changed trains here to travel further. The local train shuttle, operated by a 2-2-2 Lady, rarely saw a train being even 25% full. In this photo, you can see many small towns yet to be serviced, including Tentston which is the terminus of the train services from Pruningpool via Sunthill City (also shown here). We return some 82 years later. In the year 2000, we see that the area did eventually blossom. So much so, in fact, that the terminus was not enough to serve all the trains and a new through-station was constructed just North of the old terminus.

As with the other photos, let's look at population. 4,500 in total in the old photo, close to 106,000 people now. The old terminus stands and is still used for about one third of all trains serving the region, although the high rises built in the 1910s have since been demolished. The brand new through-station North of the old terminus is home exclusively to Eurostar trains running Westbound to the newest areas of our network. Did I mention "the newest areas of our network"? I did. Here they are. Amazingly, the only terraforming required was near the red bridge just outside Drudworth's main station. These areas opened just five years ago, so this is the before photo I guess. Buses served the towns for five years to help boost the population before the train services began.
Penford-Sluborough Railroads, 20th Feb 2000#3.png
(997.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'll come back and post a routemap later, in case you want to see a specific area. :)
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

As promised, here is a 2003 routemap of the 512x512 map.
Attachments
Penford-Sluborough Railroads, Routemap, 6th Apr 2003.png
(88.64 KiB) Not downloaded yet
My Scenarios:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Gorgeous screenshots and description to them. Excelent work as usual :)) .

Happy New year :D !

Regards, STD.
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

Nice pictures as always! I like the before and after theme :)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

It's been 22 years since we last saw Penford-Sluborough Railroads, and a lot has happened. In the last 22 years, PSR has gotten heavily involved in terraforming (I was bored, OK?) and among other things they founded a completely new city on the edge of a large landmass just South of their main area. The city, Nonfield, was of course tied to the rest of the PSR network by use of trains. Let us imagine a train travelling from Nonfield to Flinnville near the North of the map.

------

In the year 2025, the first train to Nonfield arrived. Mrs. Crongleton and her two kids are travelling to see her parents in Flinnville. In the past, this required swimming for days. I suppose. Not today! In the photo below, a brand new Eurostar arrives just in time to start them on their journey.

In the background, you can see the bridges crossing the massive strait to reach the PSR heartland.
PSR_1.png
PSR_1.png (462.31 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
The first city we arrive in, Plonfingford, has been in use as a terminus since the 1910s. After one hundred years, it is now rebuilt to handle the trains coming in from Nonfield. We see the result of that right here. The top platform is occupied by a local commuter train looping around the city center, as it has done for over 100 years (Well, not this train obviously. It's 10 years old). The center platform is where dear Mrs. Crongleton and her two kids arrive.
PSR_2.png
(660.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
From Plonfingford, we make our way to Pruningpool. Now, you have seen Pruningpool before. Check this photo from 1894 (Southside was known as Central at the time) and this photo from 2000. Today, Pruningpool has been widened to handle two trains in both directions simultaneously. Other improvements include tunnelling a part of the network in central Pruningpool (bottom right corner of photo) to allow for housing developments above the train tracks. We see our friends arriving at Pruningpool Southside, and just outside the station we see another train on the same route arriving in the other direction.
PSR_3.png
PSR_3.png (463.21 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
The train halts at Southside and Prunningpool's main station before heading North toward Narningpool Falls (1918, 2000). While there, the train passes a massive forest, a canal for boats, and a part of the industrial network of PSR. All at once. Wow! The iron ore trains you spot on the separate network is headed for Penford itself and the steel mine located there (roughly right of center in this photo).
PSR_4.png
(710.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Even though not an extreme amount of change has happened in Narningpool Falls since we last visited, the population density has grown. Here, we see Mrs. Crongleton and her two lovely kids pulling into the North part of the station. Perfect time to grab a bite to eat before heading on, yeah?

After enjoying a delicious lunch at a local kebab shop, they board the amazing hovercrafts crossing the waters.
PSR_5.png
(576.25 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The amazing hovercraft that they boarded carry them across the water at raging speeds and deliver them safely to the smallest hub of the PSR network, and indeed one of the smallest towns on the map today, Genbridge. Genbridge is slowly merging with Fort Sutford (you can see Fort Sutford and Genbridge in these old photos from 1960 and 2000). Genbridge is served by a branchline in desperate need of renovations. You know what trains are running here? 60-year old Sulzer Type 2 Diesel trains with a top speed of 144 km/h (90 mph). Shameful. It's not for the lack of money, as we obviously have the money to establish brand new cities. No, it's simply because the CEO (me...) forgot.

North of town, on the hillside, you see some lovely iron ore trains passing. Yes, the exact same trains you saw in the photo PSR_4.
PSR_6.png
PSR_6.png (329.93 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
The family boards the run down Sulzer trains and it's passenger carriages, renovated in 2006 but built in 1965 originally. Despicable. Compared to the standard they have enjoyed thus far, these trains are a disgrace. Mrs. Crongleton makes a mental note to send a very upset letter of complaint. This is definitely not up to her standards.

The train pulls out from Genbridge and head West toward Flinnville. They have arrived. Upon arriving in Flinnville, her parents are not at the station to meet them. They try calling them, and no answer. It isn't until two hours later, around 6:30pm, that she gets a text from dad saying "Sorry, we overslept after having lunch. Heading to the station now. See you soon!".
PSR_7.png
PSR_7.png (362.46 KiB) Viewed 2890 times
My Scenarios:

Return to “Screenshots”