Swedish Projects

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Swedish Projects

Post by Irwe »

There is already projects for TTD and OpenTTD based on stuff from Sweden like "Swedish Houses" and "Swedish Trains" but I think it would be fun to expand this concept and add more Swedish stuff to this lovely game.

Like said above, the current projects available are:
*Swedish Houses by Irwe and as with help from others
*Swedish Trains by AndersI and others
*Swedish Town Names by AndersI.

I think it could be fun to have more Swedish projects like:
*Swedish Stations
*Swedish Road Vehicles
*Swedish Industries (maybe?)

I'm a little busy with my own Swedish Houses and my studies at the moment but I would be glad to draw anything from stations to road vehicles.

Please share your ideas and suggestions about this. I'm sure there are more then just me who would like to see more Swedish stuff in developement :wink:
Swedish Houses Version 1.1 Released
Swedish Road Vehicles Work in Progress
Chrill

Re: Swedish Projects

Post by Chrill »

Road vehicles, I truly support. I could help put together a list with the most common busses in Stockholm and gather stats. Stations is a bit trickier.. Perhaps a station set with only station houses and make it fit with the NewStations grf?
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Lord Aro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Lord Aro »

then you could release your very own swedish base set!
AroAI - A really feeble attempt at an AI

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Irwe wrote:*Swedish Stations
There are already two real Swedish stations in Michael Blunck's NewStations (although he has called them something else), and many of the others are passably Swedish looking. Some of the Canadian stations also have the right feel. But I still want a lot of Swedish station houses - I concur with the idea of using the existing infrastructure and just add the houses as extra tiles.
*Swedish Road Vehicles
Definitely! I have one old bus 'finished' (in my Swedish set, I think?) and another, older, in the works. More will come - as slowly as the Swedish trains...
*Swedish Industries (maybe?)
This isn't so important, IMO. Industrial buildings look more or less the same all over the world. The wood and iron/steel cargoes are already covered, what other 'typical Swedish' industry is there?
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Chrill wrote:I could help put together a list with the most common busses in Stockholm and gather stats.
Yes please, if someone supply me with pictures and stats I can draw them :wink: Volco and Scani trucks would be great to. I know that George's Long Vehicles have some Volvo and Scani trucks.
AndersI wrote:But I still want a lot of Swedish station houses - I concur with the idea of using the existing infrastructure and just add the houses as extra tiles.
Indeed, New Stations already have a great set of tiles and some Swedish Train stations would be enought as a starter atleast. I also wanted to start something like this to have the opertunity to use the "plop" function for eye candy stuff like parking lots for my Swedish houses.
AndersI wrote:This isn't so important, IMO. Industrial buildings look more or less the same all over the world. The wood and iron/steel cargoes are already covered, what other 'typical Swedish' industry is there?
Yes I agree that most of the TTD industries look like they do in rest of the world. I only had a few ideas in mind like changing the steel mill, factory and other stuff to more Swedish like. I also thought it would be fun to creat a small industry set with just a few extra cargos to the already existing ones.
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Irwe wrote:*Swedish Stations
Very interesting idea. I like your art.
Irwe wrote:*Swedish Industries (maybe?)
Rather bad, but it may be possible to create "Swedish economy" for FIRS http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=848105#p848105
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Kogut wrote:Rather bad, but it may be possible to create "Swedish economy" for FIRS viewtopic.php?p=848105#p848105
Could be nice. It could be based heavy on logging and mining.

As said in the swedish houses topic. I think it could be nice to make a "Swedish infrastructure" set. I already have permission from Zimmlock to use his TTRS roads since they are similair to swedish roads. I'll modify them a little bit to make them look more swedish.

Also about the swedish road vehicles, something that most include is swedish trams. Gothenburg has a nice set of trams from different eras.
Attachments
ELEKTR~1.JPG
ELEKTR~1.JPG (103.66 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
GSM25.jpg
GSM25.jpg (71.91 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
753px-M32tram.jpg
753px-M32tram.jpg (154.04 KiB) Viewed 3312 times
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Swedish industries - we could make a FIRS economy. We already have one planned for 'Mountain', that might be close enough, you could maybe help us set the values for that?

If you wanted to change sprites, you can do a custom build of FIRS, you just check out the project, replace pcx files, build, then distribute compliant with GPL.

Swedish trucks - would be a good use for BANDIT, which plans to have standard sizes and code for truck, so trailer sprites, chassis etc can be shared easily. However BANDIT is currently vapour-ware...don't wait around for me, I need to find enough time to develop it :)
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

andythenorth wrote:Swedish industries - we could make a FIRS economy. We already have one planned for 'Mountain', that might be close enough, you could maybe help us set the values for that?

If you wanted to change sprites, you can do a custom build of FIRS, you just check out the project, replace pcx files, build, then distribute compliant with GPL.
Awsome! Someone of more knowledge then me about stats could help set these for a Swedish economy. I could draw some sprites if there would be anyting changing.
andythenorth wrote:Swedish trucks - would be a good use for BANDIT, which plans to have standard sizes and code for truck, so trailer sprites, chassis etc can be shared easily. However BANDIT is currently vapour-ware...don't wait around for me, I need to find enough time to develop it
Sounds great! I can always draw the trucks and then maybe wait for someone to code them untill BANDIT is done if it doesn't take to long. My idea of Swedish trucks is ofcourse heavily based on Volco and Scandi trucks with many different trailers for all kinds of cargo.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Irwe wrote:Sounds great! I can always draw the trucks and then maybe wait for someone to code them untill BANDIT is done if it doesn't take to long. My idea of Swedish trucks is ofcourse heavily based on Volco and Scandi trucks with many different trailers for all kinds of cargo.
If you do that would be neat, but we'd need to figure out a template first...Dan MacK has a fairly small size in mind, to keep road vehicles more in scale with trains / buildings :)
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

andythenorth wrote:If you do that would be neat, but we'd need to figure out a template first...Dan MacK has a fairly small size in mind, to keep road vehicles more in scale with trains / buildings
Well I have no experience in drawing vehicles so I really don't have any clue on what size they should be. I was thinking about having just a tiny bit larger/longer then the original TTD trucks but not as long as George's Long Vehicles. I'm unsure if articulated trucks would be nice or not. Should I start to draw them or should I wait untill you can show of the size you had in mind?
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Irwe wrote:Should I start to draw them or should I wait untill you can show of the size you had in mind?
I would wait until we've done a template. Might be some time though! :D
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

andythenorth wrote:
Irwe wrote:Should I start to draw them or should I wait untill you can show of the size you had in mind?
I would wait until we've done a template. Might be some time though! :D
Meh maybe that's the best. I shouldn't start on another project before I've more or less finished my houses.

But there could still be planning for these sets. So if anyone have good suggestions on which specific trucks/buses/trams to included please share them.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Irwe wrote:So if anyone have good suggestions on which specific trucks/buses/trams to included please share them.
European trucks would be very much needed. You'll find at ttd scale there's not much to tell between a lot of models / manufacturers. I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions though :)
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Road vehicle wise, my preference is without a doubt LongVehicles sizes
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

andythenorth wrote:DanMacK has a fairly small size in mind, to keep road vehicles more in scale with trains / buildings :)
As far as i know they weren't too small! And im sure the was an example for that also, ill see if i can find it!
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

ISA wrote:
andythenorth wrote:DanMacK has a fairly small size in mind, to keep road vehicles more in scale with trains / buildings :)
As far as i know they weren't too small! And im sure the was an example for that also, ill see if i can find it!
Dan MacK sent me this a while back when I was setting a size for HEQS vehicles.
Attachments
NA-vs-HE.png
NA-vs-HE.png (3.22 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Chrill wrote:Road vehicle wise, my preference is without a doubt LongVehicles sizes
Long Vehicles are to long in my opinion. They don't even fit into the stations. But on the other hand, the original TTD vehicles are to small. So something in between should be nice.
Attachments
vehicles.PNG
vehicles.PNG (10.72 KiB) Viewed 3140 times
Kogut
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kogut »

Too long and too high and too wide.
Too big in other words.
LVs are also terrible on slopes (levitating).
That looks great! I wait for more usefull trucks!
Correct me If I am wrong - PM me if my English is bad
AIAI - AI for OpenTTD
Irwe
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Irwe »

Kogut wrote:That looks great! I wait for more usefull trucks!
Too long and too high and too wide.
Too big in other words.
LVs are also terrible on slopes (levitating).
That looks great! I wait for more usefull trucks!
Thanks, I might even do them a little bit smaller. My idea is to try to have them fit into a stations as long as possible but for longer trucks or busses, they could be articulated.

Also this truck is just a recolored and reshaped Volvo from Long Vehicles and I havn't talket to George about them yet so if I don't get his permission I'll draw own volvos.

Return to “Graphics Development”