Future Set (Under Development)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Future Set (Under Development)

Post by graphics_master »

Future Set

Starts on 5 page
Last edited by graphics_master on 18 Feb 2007 10:21, edited 14 times in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

My drawing tutorials are in my linked in my sig.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Ok.

Thank I will post my finished passenger carraige.

It will be in about 30 mins.

Here is the finished thing.
Attachments
Please Comment On it As It Will Only Improve Me !!!
Please Comment On it As It Will Only Improve Me !!!
Just A Start.PNG (1.39 KiB) Viewed 14286 times
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Hey, that doesn't look bad at all! Good job on your first sprite! :)
I hope you will continue also with the more difficult sprites and such. This is a very good start. :wink:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Very nice, although you can add some details. Most passenger carriages have doors at the end, so you can walk from one coach to the next one. Besides, doors on the side are very common too :tongue:

But well done, for a first try, this is very nice.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well, before I move on I will try a class 101 train as it's similier shape.

I will post it when I'm done.

Edit : Opps I forgot about doors, but i think I am better at making trains than passenger or frienght coaches
Attachments
This one is the control unit of a Class 101. i'm sure it is just a single engine
This one is the control unit of a Class 101. i'm sure it is just a single engine
Class 101.PNG (1.5 KiB) Viewed 14245 times
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

Not bad at all!

But you may want to chamfer the cab ends on the diagonals and horizontals like this;

Code: Select all

_____
 /
/
|
|
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well .... i really don't know how to do that.

i'm going on holiday tommorrow so I wont be around for awhile

Does anyone know a tutorial on how to draw airplanes.
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well ...... I'm back I will resume work shortly
Attachments
Here is a little taster of my Barn. It needs abit of colouring and abit of tweaking but it is a 1x1 tile building
Here is a little taster of my Barn. It needs abit of colouring and abit of tweaking but it is a 1x1 tile building
Barn.PNG (4.09 KiB) Viewed 14041 times
An updated attempt it has the 2 out of 3 stages made just need to adjust a few things. I will benefet on the comments.
An updated attempt it has the 2 out of 3 stages made just need to adjust a few things. I will benefet on the comments.
Barn.PNG (4.5 KiB) Viewed 14032 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ok, your roof isn't completely symmetrical, dunno if that's supposed to be. Anyways, he's how I would make a roof (see attachment)

Anyways, you got tt-dimensions right. I'm not sure about the tile size (best would be decoding TT's original GRF files to see how what the exact tile size is). Besides, your model could use a bit more detail and texturing.

Keep up the good work tho.
Attachments
tt_howtodrawaroof.PNG
tt_howtodrawaroof.PNG (3.94 KiB) Viewed 14005 times
Image Image
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Thank you.

I am working on a supply center now I just need to finish off some stages and add A LOT more details.

Here is the work half way though.

(windows meant to be like that)

Damn !!!!

Tile size is 32 not 36
Attachments
The supply center part way though.
The supply center part way though.
Supply Center.PNG (4.8 KiB) Viewed 13990 times
RSpeed tycoonfreak
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RSpeed tycoonfreak »

hmm looks good but I'll suggest you add some things on the roof because that looks a bit boring now but besides that It's a good job! :D
Visit The Fake Airport Website
Hobbys: being 18 years old, soccer, go karting, and transport tycoon.
TGVfan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TGVfan »

Think about the light in TTD. Light comes from the top right corner.
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

I have been thinkinh about it and here is the windows for the supply center.

I have tried to make an light effect that shows you where the light runs out.
Attachments
Which style of roof do you like the most ?
Which style of roof do you like the most ?
Supply Center.PNG (5.25 KiB) Viewed 13934 times
I'm really chuffed. Any comments will only benfit me.
I'm really chuffed. Any comments will only benfit me.
Supply Center.PNG (4.85 KiB) Viewed 13923 times
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well 1 more stage to go and it's really getting quiet here.

I think it's not too high but a high standard.
Attachments
Just 1 more stage to go :D
Just 1 more stage to go :D
Supply Center.PNG (5.47 KiB) Viewed 13910 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Looks nice :!: Keep up the good work :D
Image Image
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Well I'm stuck at the moment as I can't draw the final construction phase.
Attachments
Decided to add another construction stage to the building
Decided to add another construction stage to the building
Supply Center.PNG (6.82 KiB) Viewed 13879 times
I need to know how to draw trucks and cranes for the work site as it looks kinda boring. Still some way to go.
I need to know how to draw trucks and cranes for the work site as it looks kinda boring. Still some way to go.
Supply Center.PNG (6.96 KiB) Viewed 13870 times
SuperTycoon
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SuperTycoon »

graphics_master wrote:Well I'm stuck at the moment as I can't draw the final construction phase.
You could perhaps pm Zimmlock - he is the master of construction phases, and might let you borrowsome of his cranes/cement trucks?
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

uhm...
windows are painted on the wall or
1) build the wall
2) drill the wall to make windows
???

i think is better to make the windows when building the wall
however nice graphics :wink:
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

GM: you got a nice one there! You understand well perspectives and color shading. You can really get to be a very good artist with practice 8)
I'll give you some advices for how to improve this supply center:
- the windows: the color should be the one between blue, purple and brown in the palette (8th row in the right side). All TTD vehicles and buildings use it for the windows. Also, the color you have used is the company color, so if someone coded it, the windows might be random colors.
Also, try to use many tones for each window. You did a good work in coloring each window different, looks quite fine and you have a great sense of shading! but If you really want to be a master, you have to use many color tones (hint: rarely will you see in TTD 5 pixels of the same color and tone together)
- the structure: I think that you need to use a real life model: take a look at some building anywhere around you. They are not a perfect square with nothing but windows all along plain straight walls. There are a lot of elements (air conditioner ventilators, canals, cables, fences, panels with advertisements... even blank parts: you don't need to cover every meter of the wall with windows) and shapes. Add these details and irregularites: it will improve a lot.
As Wolf01 sarcastically mentioned, in your construction stages there seem to be no windows at all, and then they magically pop out in the final stage. You can color them black, to give the effect that they have no glasses. The same with the roof: usually on plain roofed buildings, you have a door to access it, antennae, locker rooms, water deposits, etc. If it's not a particular building, but some commercial office, it shall surely have some banner
(hint: all these elements, you can draw them apart and use them later in different buildings)
I like a lot how you drew halfway done walls. However, the part with the hole in the ceiling looks like broken, rather than being built.
- the construction stages: ask Zimmlock and George for elements in construction stages: they have a lot of cranes and buildings they lent me when I was drawing the Japan set buildings. I have also a file with some construction elements I can send you if you PM me an email adress.

You have a good talent! keep working on it ;)

Return to “Graphics Development”