SuperSizing maps

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Atari aren't generous like that, and CS doesn't give a toss.
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

stafis wrote:well - if you want to mod then you have to be in a country where the EULA is invalid, like sweden...
here in sweden it is not posible to ad clauses to a contract after the time of purchase... - I have to buy the box, then brak the seal (so I can't return it) to read the EULA - therefore it is invalid here in sweden...

- so other than standard copyright issues (witch I have to admit is tricky enough in themselves) - the EULA is just a piece of paper that I can ignore...
So if i knew how to mod this, I could do it without getting Atari after me?
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
President
President

Post by WWW »

chrillDevil wrote:
stafis wrote:well - if you want to mod then you have to be in a country where the EULA is invalid, like sweden...
here in sweden it is not posible to ad clauses to a contract after the time of purchase... - I have to buy the box, then brak the seal (so I can't return it) to read the EULA - therefore it is invalid here in sweden...

- so other than standard copyright issues (witch I have to admit is tricky enough in themselves) - the EULA is just a piece of paper that I can ignore...
So if i knew how to mod this, I could do it without getting Atari after me?
Codeing party at chrilldevil's house!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I don´t know how to do. Any1 wanna come to Stockholm?
My Scenarios:
Immow
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Immow »

probably here posible too in NL :D (moderating that game with no legal hasle)
JonnyRocks
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JonnyRocks »

The way I see it, you can download the game off the internet (not that I have) for free, and that hasn't been stopped, so how do they stop someone from editing the .exe? I bet someone has done it, without sharing it
[JonnyRocks]
Visit my website!!!
Join shutterstock and make money on your photos! http://submit.shutterstock.com/?ref=9159
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

But what if you got the game without the EULA? (e.g. , you downloaded it)

No EULA came with it so you can do whatever the hell you like to it!
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

2-10-0 wrote:But what if you got the game without the EULA? (e.g. , you downloaded it)

Downloading is illigal, youknow that.
-
-
39 years experience with trains and still driving.
-
-
President
President

Post by WWW »

I wrote:
hmm, for starters, does chris know of the ttdpatch etc? Considering CS is pissed at Atari for not paying him, how much would he care if we broke the EULA, heck, Atari should be happy that we are (trying to) keep their game alive
/Me checks install
/me finds loophole
Right, I run setup, it welcomes me into the program, no mention of EULA yet, I enter my cd-key, no mention of EULA choose a path, no mention of EULA, hit next and the install begins.
I didn't have to tick a box to show I agree to eula, or anything else that you expect
Will someone else check?
Engineer

Post by Visscher »

chevyrider wrote:
2-10-0 wrote:But what if you got the game without the EULA? (e.g. , you downloaded it)

I thought downloading was't illegal, i thought only uploading was illigal.
glenndeman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by glenndeman »

www wrote:I wrote:
hmm, for starters, does chris know of the ttdpatch etc? Considering CS is pissed at Atari for not paying him, how much would he care if we broke the EULA, heck, Atari should be happy that we are (trying to) keep their game alive
/Me checks install
/me finds loophole
Right, I run setup, it welcomes me into the program, no mention of EULA yet, I enter my cd-key, no mention of EULA choose a path, no mention of EULA, hit next and the install begins.
I didn't have to tick a box to show I agree to eula, or anything else that you expect
Will someone else check?
I installed LoMo yesterday, no need to check a box to agree to EULA.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Visscher wrote:
chevyrider wrote:

I thought downloading was't illegal, i thought only uploading was illigal.
That was how it was here before, but now downloading is illegal too
My Scenarios:
President
President

Post by WWW »

can't see anything in the maual about it...
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

www wrote:can't see anything in the maual about it...
If you read page 8 of the manual... " The Chris Sawyer's Locomotion CD-ROM has a ReadME file that includers the License Agreement and up-to-date information about the game.........

BUT, in the readme file there is no mention of there being a license agreement. Does anyone know if this means that the game shipped without a EULA then?
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
kazimierz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kazimierz »

So.. With a conclusion of the EULA hassle..

It's not legal to modify.. How can we do it illegally then, in a personal way?
=One death is a tragedy , a million deaths is a statistic==

Donkervuur
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Donkervuur »

Wasn't downloading legal when you have the original game already?
Not that that would make sence, downloading a game when you have it but wasn't that the rule?
Davie_UCF
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Davie_UCF »

I always thought it would be okay to edit stuff for your own personal use.

But that only applies to certain things I suppose. I do wish someone would fix it for big maps. I mean it would almost be doing CS A favour in fixing the game, keeping it more playable.. making it better.. I can't see how he'd care, it doesn't make much difference to him or Atari does it?

Anyway aren't some people using NoCD cracks so they don't have to use the CD constantly or to get over some errors where it says you don't have the original cd (Read in another thread) and isn't a NoCD crack an edit of the exe anyway?

I guess noone will do it :(

David

Edit: Didn't realise this thread was a bit old (bit) :p
East of England/East Anglia scenario/map released!! http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=205440#205440
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Davie_UCF wrote:I always thought it would be okay to edit stuff for your own personal use. ......

Anyway aren't some people using NoCD cracks so they don't have to use the CD constantly or to get over some errors where it says you don't have the original cd (Read in another thread) and isn't a NoCD crack an edit of the exe anyway?
editing stuff for your own use is differant then distributing it.....

technically NO-CD cracks are a violation of EULA's and are technically illegal because it is a distribution of alterd copywrited material and promotes piracy (thats is why talking about NoCD patches is not allowed on the forum).

Personally i own the game and the first thing i did when i got it was copy the CD, store my original and get a no cd patch. i play on a laptop all over the country, i refuse to bring my original CD's on the road with me. i just carry a dvd-rw with the instal and all mods on it. so, yes i am still breaking the law even when i payed for the game. will atari come after me for that? probably not. (as far as i know you are allowed by law to make one copy of games and dvd's for yourself the NoDC patch is the only way to do that, that might be why they are not getting arrested).

If i start changing the EXE so you can have larger maps and then post the EXE for you to download, will atari came after then? i would bet money on it...

IF someone else posted the exe for me to download with mods in it like a bigger map would i download it? heck yes!

soo... the moral of the story is.. umm.. there is no moral. i want bigger maps!!!!
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bad Hair Day »

No, the moral is, if you can mod, do mod. *begs*
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Beesty
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Beesty »

At least a mod for bigger maps would be a usefull download .. instead of some free train while we (the coders anyway, thanks btw for that! :) ) can and may create as many trains we want.
... While modding the exe isn't allowed .. but forget about an update/patch/download from CS or Atari for this!

Too bad ;(
If you're feeling blue, why not smurf along with me?
A Belgium trainset would be a greatfull toy!

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”