[ottd] Danish transport set (Version 0.0.3.B) (14.10%) [dead / 2020]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Danish transport set (Version 0.0.3) (14.10%) need artist

Post by OKF2000 »

BjarneG wrote:hi.

a teaser of train/cars i work on.

BjarneG
look nice, but i hope that we dont have Egon Olsen in the game snice he will robe the Franz Jäger wagoon
Sorry if u can't understand my English i have word-blindness.
I'm using IeSpell (some time)
Projects Currently Working On | the Danish Transport set ::
website - Topic - DSB Denmark

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

ISA wrote:Aint we need 8 views from each wagon?
Not if the wagon is exactly symmetrical, which only happens very occasionally.

The original TT sprites had 4 view too.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

OKF2000 wrote:
BjarneG wrote:hi.

a teaser of train/cars i work on.

BjarneG
look nice, but i hope that we dont have Egon Olsen in the game snice he will robe the Franz Jäger wagoon
It's also good that we don't have rain either. The one and only Franz Jäger armoured car were in reality not made out of trick steel, but instead it was a normal wooden freight car with decorations. Those decorations could be washed off meaning it's ruined in no time by rain. Sadly I forgot which car was on the inside, but it was a normal one like HJ or something.
Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

Sadly, it has been a while since the last progress on this set. So i feelt like making some progress on my own :)

Because i'm pretty new at drawing sprites, I feel the passenger waggons is the best place to start.
I'm planning to make some older passenger waggons to make the set more playable. Almost all the draw sprites are from the 1970's and up, and we need trains from at least the 1920's.

I have been making a sort of tracking table of what passenger waggons I think will be needed in the set. I did some research (primary at http://www.jernbanen.dk ), and most of the list should be more or less historic correct. Some adjustments are made to make the set more playable in OTTD/TTDP.
In the list i have marked some waggons red, because i thin there will be too many waggons, if first class waggons is also in the set.

I did some drawing last night. I started on improving the prevous drawn sprites of the newer waggons. It's my plan to draw the newest waggons first, and then move on to the older once.
Preview_1.PNG
Preview_1.PNG (8.78 KiB) Viewed 3087 times
The old sprites is to the left, and my sprites to the right. I also added the brown versions of the waggons, mostly to find the right brown color for the older waggons that i hope to draw soon.

The tree upper sprites is for the Bn waggon (local/regional), and the lower is for the B waggon (Intercity).
Attachments
Vogne_01.00.xls
List of passenger waggons for the danish set.
(33 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

hi jimbow.

i has fell the same way.
and it is good you are makeing some progress to the set.
yes you are right we need wagoons that is older then the 1970´s.

Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

I hope you don't mind that I have made some changes to your sprites. :roll:
Maybe I should have asked you first, but i thought it was to everybody's interest that some progress was made. :)

I wanna improve the Abns waggon too, but I understand why you had some trouble with it, because it's not a easy waggon to draw! :?
OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

i don´t mind.
and yes the Abns is a hard one to do.

Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

So this is my first go at the ABns.

I feel there is room for improvement, because the shape of the cab is hard to get right.
First go at ABns
First go at ABns
Preview_2_ABns.PNG (2.49 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
Here is a picture of the real thing: http://gregand.dk/billedegalleri/show-pic.php?show=296
OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

i have begon on codening the set, so we can get the part for the set that is draw in to the game.

I will try to make time to get all think back on track.
And i will try to get time to make a new webpage.

at this time i am only codeing trians and cars that is not in the one made by dev-ant

OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

Jimbow wrote:
Preview_1.PNG
i have a problem widt to sprite it is to big, so i can not code it.

Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

The sprites i posted was only previews of the sprites, so people could make some comments.

I will post the real sprites when they are done, and ready for coding. So i hope you can code some other sprites first :)

The ABns is still missing the transparent blue box, and I have plans of making the roof of all the passenger waggons a little darker.
If i make the roof of the newer waggons (B, Bn, ABns etc.) darker, i can make the roof of some of the older waggons lighter. In that way it's easier to see what waggon it is in TTD. It's hard to make the waggons look different with the few pixels avalible, so the shade of the roof is an easy way of making different waggons.

I hope to post the new sprites soon, so they can be coded :)
OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

Jimbow wrote:The sprites i posted was only previews of the sprites, so people could make some comments.

I will post the real sprites when they are done, and ready for coding. So i hope you can code some other sprites first :)

The ABns is still missing the transparent blue box, and I have plans of making the roof of all the passenger waggons a little darker.
If i make the roof of the newer waggons (B, Bn, ABns etc.) darker, i can make the roof of some of the older waggons lighter. In that way it's easier to see what waggon it is in TTD. It's hard to make the waggons look different with the few pixels avalible, so the shade of the roof is an easy way of making different waggons.

I hope to post the new sprites soon, so they can be coded :)
i now it is only a prewire, but i only fine out after i poste the last one i made.
i got carrie away yesterday, when i began the codeing fase.
i am going to put you wagoons on hold.
as light stuf goes i am not the best to answer.

Jimbow i hope i don´t mind me joining you trackingen table widt the one have allready have.

by the way, the new version of the set is going to be on BaNaNaS.

i am working on my fisht relese, it is going to conten the
Litra MZ
and 3 goods wagoon.
at this time the litra Ze is fisht up.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Fisht beta is Here.
Contains.
Trains.
Litra MZ .. 1972 .. HP. 3900 .. Speed .. 165 km/H
Wagoons.
Litra Ze "BP" .. 1948 .. speed 80 km/h .. tanker
Franz Jäger Berlin .. 1968 .. speed 80 Km/h .. Valubles
Litra M (Night Runner) .. 1981 .. speed 160 km/h .. passergers

Next update will i add 2 more trains.
Attachments
Danish_transport_setw.GRF
V. 0.0.1.B
(5.62 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Danish transport set (Version 0.0.1.B) (14.10%) need artist

Post by Jimbow »

It's nice to see that you are making some progress with the coding :D
I will test your file as soon as i can.

Do your new file also include the other trains, or is it only the new sprites?
If not, i hope it's possible to merge the two files in grfmaker.

I don't mind if you include my tracing table of the passenger waggons in the original tracking table.

However, i do have some problems with the names of the waggons. And it really applies to both the passenger waggons and freight waggons. I don't like that the waggons are named by Litra. I think only very few TTD players know the litras of all danish waggons. It will be easier if the waggons are named "Small tanker", "Medium tanker", "Large tanker" etc. (Like in many other train sets). And for the passenger waggons it would be something like "1st gen mainline passenger", "1st gen local passenger" etc. In the tracking table it's nice to have the litra witch the waggon originally is made of, but in TTD, the players do not care what litra it is.

I hope to do some drawing the next couple of weeks :)

Im also working on 2048x2048 map of Copenhagen and big parts of Sjælland (to Gilleleje, Holbæk, Sorø and Næstved) and some parts of Skåne (Trelleborg, Lund and Åstorp). It's a very big map, with so many cities and towns, so it takes some time to finish! :)
OKF2000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by OKF2000 »

Jimbow wrote:It's nice to see that you are making some progress with the coding :D
I will test your file as soon as i can.
sound good.
Jimbow wrote: Do your new file also include the other trains, or is it only the new sprites?
If not, i hope it's possible to merge the two files in grfmaker.
At this point only new ones, and the GRFmaker have problems widt the merge of the files.
Jimbow wrote: I don't mind if you include my tracing table of the passenger waggons in the original tracking table.
i will do it as soon as i have time
Jimbow wrote: However, i do have some problems with the names of the waggons. And it really applies to both the passenger waggons and freight waggons. I don't like that the waggons are named by Litra. I think only very few TTD players know the litras of all danish waggons. It will be easier if the waggons are named "Small tanker", "Medium tanker", "Large tanker" etc. (Like in many other train sets). And for the passenger waggons it would be something like "1st gen mainline passenger", "1st gen local passenger" etc. In the tracking table it's nice to have the litra witch the waggon originally is made of, but in TTD, the players do not care what litra it is.
You right i will make a cance on that to, and by the way the Litra name is goingen to be on it as a commment i the grf file.
Jimbow wrote: I hope to do some drawing the next couple of weeks :)

Im also working on 2048x2048 map of Copenhagen and big parts of Sjælland (to Gilleleje, Holbæk, Sorø and Næstved) and some parts of Skåne (Trelleborg, Lund and Åstorp). It's a very big map, with so many cities and towns, so it takes some time to finish! :)
I am looking forwart to it.

Jimbow
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Jimbow »

OKF2000 wrote:At this point only new ones, and the GRFmaker have problems widt the merge of the files.
I think you should work on the original GRFmaker files. A while ago the "old" coder (forgot the name, but it is somewhere in this thread) offered to send the GRFmaker files to a new coder. You should ask him to send you the files, so the new trains can be added to the old .grf file. :)

Untill you get the GRFmaker files, you can of cause practice your coding skills by adding new trains to a new file like you did. But you will have to do it all over again when you get the GRFmaker files. Unless someone finds a smart way to merge the GRFmaker files :)
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Hey Guys!

Good to see progress on this thread and looking forward to trying it soon :D

In the meantime, I was perusing the steam loco list at Jernbanen.dk and happened to see the Litra N was a German 'Kriegslok' 2-10-0. Having drawn one for the NSB set several years ago (and donating it to the Lithuanian set as well), I did a bit of an update and offer it to the DSB set. It's yours to use as you wish :)
Attachments
DSB-LitraN.PNG
DSB-LitraN.PNG (12.45 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

DanMacK wrote: [...] I was perusing the steam loco list at Jernbanen.dk and happened to see the Litra N was a German 'Kriegslok' 2-10-0.
Nah. It was not (the BR52 was, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kriegslokomotive). In fact the DSB Litra N (III) were BR50s, all built by Belgian manufacturers and sold in 1951 to the DSB.

Nice drawing, anyway. 8)

regards
Michael
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Thank you Mr. Blunck :) I knew it was a BR5_ something... lol. The NSB 63 was a 52, so that's what the sprite is based on. At TTD Scale, BR50/52 2-10-0's look so similar, I figured it could be a stand-in :) Thanks for the info as well Michael. One of the things I love about doing this hobby is how much I learn about other countries' railways.

Return to “Graphics Development”