Moderator: Graphics Moderators
Please start here for the overview of the set -->LINK<--
July 8, 2018 - Wasteland 0.4 is now live! Featuring many improvements including random industry production changes based on service, autorefit support, revamped industry graphics behavior, and much more. As usual, the list of changes can be found in the changelog bundled with the GRF in the .tar file below, or you can update through BaNaNaS (still listed as Wasteland 0.2.0!). Please note, Wasteland 0.4 is not compatible with previous releases; hopefully this is the last time! Also, if you haven't clicked that big link above in a while, I've updated a lot of the information on the website to match the current status of the set, with more to come later. It might be worth a read just for a refresher. Enjoy!
7-8-18 - 0.4.0 released, adding revamped industry behavior, autorefit support, and much more
5-20-18 - 0.3.1 released, adding some parameters
8-20-16 - 0.3.0 released, adding trains, ships, aircraft, and a lot more
6-26-15 - 0.2.1 released, just fixing some bugs
5-31-15 - 0.2.0 released adding road vehicles, new houses, and more. Also now released on Bananas
5-3-14 - New version uploaded, just fixing a few things. This version should be savegame compatible with the first one
4-25-14 - Initial test release[/size]
- (170.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet
- (4.15 MiB) Downloaded 257 times
- (2.84 MiB) Downloaded 137 times
- Route Supervisor
- Posts: 404
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007 09:27
- Skype: madchimiste
- Location: Berlin, Deutschland
The concept is so exciting. I'm not able to test right now... Have you been able to get the desired effect into the code?
Also I hope the wastelanders don't come to pillage my HQ with it's wanton wasteful consumption of water as evidenced by it's green lawns!
This is lot's of fun so far - I recommend HEQS crawlers in brown and dark green to compliment the setting! And no offense to any Finns, but Finnish names look better than the whimsical fake british ones.
As for ideas on shack graphics, maybe some sheds used in ISR and various bits of material from other sets' construction stages could be used under GPL as place holders?
Pyoro wrote:The funniest part would probably be that growing towns apparently build ruined houses. xD
Indeed, no new houses can be built until supplies are delivered.arikover wrote:I think you first have to bring the houses some basic stuff first in order to rebuild them.
No, not really. After playing a bit I kind of got a basic feel for what's needed, but I haven't put any thought into specifics. That's an area open to suggestionsarikover wrote:Any ideas yet on the vehicles?
I drew up the plans and started working on it in June of last year, but most of the work has happened in the last couple monthsBrumi wrote:How long have you been working on it?
I think so, yes. Time will tell if there needs to be any tweaks, but for the most part I think it works as intended.Dave wrote:Have you been able to get the desired effect into the code?
That's certainly a possibility, I've already reused lots of stuff from OpenGFX to make things easier, but I want to be careful not to get too carried away with it. I'd hate to have this end up looking like a piecemeal of other sets! Maybe I'll look around and see if anything fits the bill for temporary use though.supermop wrote:As for ideas on shack graphics, maybe some sheds used in ISR and various bits of material from other sets' construction stages could be used under GPL as place holders?
Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here. Is this a suggestion, or?Eddi wrote:i think a NewGRF can check the start date and thus provide different sets of houses for game start (ruins from the 'old world') vs. houses that grow over time (first improvised stuff from leftover materials, later improving once the economy recovers)
more like conceptual advise. but i don't know how you coded your set.Andrew350 wrote:Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say here. Is this a suggestion, or?Eddi wrote:i think a NewGRF can check the start date and thus provide different sets of houses for game start (ruins from the 'old world') vs. houses that grow over time (first improvised stuff from leftover materials, later improving once the economy recovers)
the point was that "destroyed houses" should not be built after game start.
- A "Cyclops" Diesel engine waits to load minerals. The tracks have been reclaimed from elsewhere and the speeds are low.
- (137.54 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
- The village of Pondwood is slowly removing old buildings and turning them into new shacks for people. Supply trains haul in water and food and trucks take workers to the nearby Iron Ore mine.
- (91.57 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
More suggestions :
- Seeds production should be like, really low. This means that producing clean food will be really hard. And if possible, it should take like 2 months before clean foods are started to be produced by the biolab.
- If a town have it's stockpiles of clean food, clean waters, building materials, and clothing (yeah, a clothing chain) more than what it needs normal people (non-wastelanders) will start to appear. probably needs a GS, else use after a certain decades have elapsed.
- Vehicles should looks like converted military vehicles. Humvee on tracks, anyone ?
- You can send either wastelanders or non-wastelanders to any industry. Non-wastelanders works better through.
- Town population generally decreases (say, one after several years), and stays at the same level if mutated food or contaminated water is delivered.
- Livestock might be available too.
I agree with the above post by YNM, vehicles being converted military vehicles, or perhaps bashed together regular vehicles with all sorts of random crap shoved on them.
Also, I assume you've not overlooked it, but bus stops & truck stops need altering too, perhaps have them as just really poor quality things rigged up out of corrugated metals, or similar metals that'd look like they recovered and re-used it from somewhere?
edit: a shodily put together road depot using perhaps mis-matched colored metals may be look pretty neat too, give the feeling that they're really struggling to get things up and running.
Or irradiated food. Which is essentially the same thing that Andrew already used.YNM wrote: The plants available are mutated (yeah, i'd call them mutated foods),
I look the pictures and I do like the railroad graphics very much!
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - 2013 May, winner tie with Purno!
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - 2014 February, winner!
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - 2014 June, winner tie with alluke!
TT-Screenshot Of The Month - 2014 April, winner!
My screen shot thread ---> Have a look
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests