Future Play

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Cecil Cityscape
Engineer
Engineer

Future Play

Post by Cecil Cityscape »

Hi all! I was planning on doing a game with NARS. My problem is that I have no futuristic trains to use with the set in addition to the vac trains. I was wondering if there were any sets I could use to get some fast monorails or maglevs like transrapids?
Cecil Cityscape is the name of an avatar in Chris Sawyer's Locomotion
Cheers from the Dominion of Canada! :lol: 8)
kamnet

Re: Future Play

Post by kamnet »

Your options include the Modern Maglev Set which works with the default maglev tracks. You also have the TransRapid Track Set, Shanghai Inspired Maglev Track Set, and Beul's Mono&Maglev conversion (which is a little buggy and no longer updated). Oh and I just saw that Japanese Maglevs are available via BaNaNas. Another track set now available is FS Maglev Track. So, there's some good options for you. :)
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Future Play

Post by Kalen »

I play with MMS and FSMT, and I used to play with SMITS, so I can definitely vouch for them.

Oh, and I also enjoy NUTS (because, well, it's nuts). In between the late date vehicles (up to 2099) and the absolute outlandishness of the set, perhaps you might be interested in giving it a try. This one is especially neat because it includes monorail and maglev trains... as well as water "rails" and slugs. Yes

Return to “General OpenTTD”