All times are UTC

Post subject: OpenGFX Trees
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:38 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

OpenGFX+ Trees
version 0.2.0

• Temperate Climate - 19 sets, 7 sprites for each set
  • Sub-arctic Climate - 16 sets for sub-arctic, 8 for dry trees and 8 for snowy snowy.
  • Each type of tree can now be disabled via parameters.

Sub-tropical trees to be added later. For each set, the 7 sprites represent the stages of life for the tree.

Most trees stay within a 35x50 pixel boundary.

NewGRF available via online content download. See Release Thread for more details.

Note: When updating saved games from 0.1 to 0.2.0, you'll have to reset your parameters to enable all trees, or you can also just reload the Newgrf.

Copyright © 2010 Froix

Attachments:
forests.png
forests.png [ 4.72 KiB | Viewed 16053 times ]

Last edited by Froix on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: OpenGFX Trees
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:05 pm 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

In that case I propose to call them OpenGFX+ trees :-)

That way it shows clearly the association but is a somewhat distinct name. OpenGFX+ is planned series of small enhancements which fit the OpenGFX theme; but non of it so far got anywhere to a release-ready state, the trees could well become the first of those :-)

EDIT: sizes look fine to me

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

Last edited by planetmaker on Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:07 pm 
Chairman
Chairman

I loaded the test and are currently playing with them in a snowy landscape. I like them loads :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:36 pm 
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

looking nice :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:57 am 
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Can someone make a screenshot for those of us at work who can't wait to try them out?
They look really nice!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:05 am 
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Actually there is: viewtopic.php?p=900785#p900785 and viewtopic.php?p=900246#p900246

btw, @ Froix: What about the name "OpenGFX+ ART"? :-)

DevZone - home of the free NewGRFs: OpenSFX | OpenMSX | OpenGFX | Swedish Rails | OpenGFX+ Trains|RV|Industries|Airports|Landscape | NML

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:45 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Thanks All! Glad you like it.

I decided to stay with the OpenGFX+ Trees title. :)

update
* released newgrf, see release thread, see screenshot there as well
* two more temperate trees added
* missing stage sprites for a few sets
* forest sprites

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:13 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

These are some really really nice graphics! I look forward to your next project :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:00 pm 
Chairman
Chairman

Ive just applied 0.20 to an existing Arctic game running 1.04 RC1 which previously was running trees v0.1. When 0.20 was applied all I got was default trees. Re-apply 0.1 the trees came back

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:09 am 
Engineer
Engineer

Yes. Just updated this thread. Sorry.

Saved games has zero set for all unused parameters and v0.2.0 now uses 19 parameters counting from the 4th. Remove the newgrf, apply settings, add the newgrf back, apply settings and you should see all trees back or you can just click reset on your parameter settings if that's available. If not, I really urge you or rather everyone to get the latest version of OpenTTD so you can get this new fancy parameter GUI.

Attachment:
newgui.png
newgui.png [ 35.07 KiB | Viewed 15508 times ]

As you can see, you can easily disable each and any tree by toggle button. I'm not really sure if OpenTTD 1.04 has this...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:58 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Froix wrote:
As you can see, you can easily disable each and any tree by toggle button. I'm not really sure if OpenTTD 1.04 has this...

It hasn't! You need a current Nightly or have to wait for OpenTTD 1.1.0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:10 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Aye! I've tracked it down to version r20766 at the earliest. At least the one which supports loading savegames.

Quote:
r20766 | yexo | 2010-09-08 15:35:54 +0000 (Wed, 08 Sep 2010) | 1 line

-Fix [FS#4112]: action14 data was not used for NewGRFs loaded from a savegame

Just to avoid any misunderstanding, parameter setting works just as well with older versions of the game that does not have the new parameter GUI.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:15 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

not a bug as such, but when starting OTTD in debug mode (d4 i think), i get this output:
Code:
dbg: [grf] LoadNewGRFFile: Reading NewGRF-file 'opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf'
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:5] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:6] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:7] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:8] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:9] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:10] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:11] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:12] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:13] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:14] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:15] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:16] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:17] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:18] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:19] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:20] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:21] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:22] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field
dbg: [grf] [opengfx_trees-0.2.0/opengfx+trees.grf:23] StaticGRFInfo: 'INFO'->'PARA'->'LIMI' is only valid for parameters with type uint/enum, ignoring this field

It is practically impossible to teach good programming to students that have had a prior exposure to BASIC: as potential programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of regeneration. --Edsger Dijkstra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:39 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Aye! Thanks!

OpenTTD does well ignoring the field. There's no limit needed for an off/on type parameter. :)

*problem fixed.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:00 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Hello,

i think I found a little graphical bug(or glitch?) in OpenGFX+ Trees 0.2 in OpenTTD 1.1.0-beta1:
Attachment:
File comment: The tree is more in the water then on the beach...
opengfx+trees_glitch.png
opengfx+trees_glitch.png [ 3.52 KiB | Viewed 14389 times ]

Greets,
Tim

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:47 pm 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

This set needs roadside palms! :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:06 pm 

alluke wrote:

I think thats controlled by road sets rather than tree sets :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:20 pm 
Chairman
Chairman

jvassie wrote:
alluke wrote:

I think thats controlled by road sets rather than tree sets :wink:

I do not know exact newGRF possibilities but I am sure opengfx+ trees is able to change roadside trees to many different kinds, so palms would work as well I guess