Help Changing Town Names

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

gagemiller
Engineer
Engineer

Help Changing Town Names

Post by gagemiller »

Hi all,

I know this has been answered before, however through all previous iterations of this I have been unable to figure out how to do this. I downloaded a NewGRF of town names and within the NewGRF settings I have set it to active, however when I start a new game I do not have the new town names, it is the original ones. I'm still pretty new to this (downloaded a couple days ago) so I'm not totally sure what else I should do or how what I'm doing is differing from the other post here - viewtopic.php?t=67725

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
kamnet

Re: Help Changing Town Names

Post by kamnet »

Add the Town Name NewGRF to your list of active NewGRFs. Start a new game. There is a button option labeled "Town Names". Click on the pull-down menu, and the town name NewGRF will be listed at the bottom (it used to be at the very top, above the default setting).
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

To be more clear:
Add the NewGRF in NewGRF Settings in the main menu.
Click the New Game button on the main menu, but don't start the game yet.
Now look in the Town Names selection in the World Generation window that opens to let you set up the new game. The NewGRF one should be at the top of the list.
gagemiller
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gagemiller »

Thank you both so much, I didn't realize that it was the one at the top of the list

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”