Could someone encode a .grf for me please?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ttdplanner
Engineer
Engineer

Could someone encode a .grf for me please?

Post by ttdplanner »

Here's the situation: I am experiencing a bug with one of my newGRF's, and I found a fix for it that someone posted on this forum. However, they attached an .nml file below their post instead of a .grf file, which means I can't install it until I somehow convert it to .grf (as far as I know). I researched how to do that and it appears I need something called grfcodec, however it is not available for my system (MacOS) and it seems like even the installation instructions for other operating systems go way over my head (library packages, compiling, etc).

So my question is: Would somebody be so kind to encode a .grf with the fixed .nml file for me? I have attached the source code .zip and the fixed .nml file below. Thanks.

P.S. Note, both the original .nml file as well as the fixed .nml file are named moprv80.nml, so be careful not to get them mixed up.
Attachments
Mop Generic RVs_080.zip
source code
(5.82 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
moprv80.nml
fixed .nml file
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
kamnet

Re: Could someone encode a .grf for me please?

Post by kamnet »

grfcodec is used to decompile a .grf file into the NFO meta-language, which is different from the NML meta-language. To compile NML into a .grf file, you need NMLC, the source code which can be compiled on MacOS.

https://github.com/OpenTTD/nml/releases
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

probably easiest way to install nml is "pip install nml" (python is required for nml)
ttdplanner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ttdplanner »

It doesn't work. I've tried. Maybe someone more tech-savvy than me could get it to work but I have no idea how to use things like command prompts, python, pip etc. I get that it is second nature to you but I can't even launch nmlc and I had to install 12 GB of dependencies and spend hours trying to make sense of documentation all for nothing.
Trolley Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trolley Trev »

Here ya go!

Had a whole pile of warnings on compile which I couldn't be bothered to look through, but see if it works lol

moprv80.grf
(2.15 MiB) Downloaded 93 times
ttdplanner
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ttdplanner »

Trolley Trev wrote: 02 May 2023 05:41 Here ya go!

Had a whole pile of warnings on compile which I couldn't be bothered to look through, but see if it works lol

moprv80.grf
Thanks!

Return to “General OpenTTD”