Christmas present: OpenTTD 1.4.0-beta1

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Christmas present: OpenTTD 1.4.0-beta1

Post by planetmaker »

It's the season again for gifts and goodies. So we also have a goody for you: OpenTTD 1.4.0-beta1, the first beta of the next major release.

There's a number of features new to this version. The largest feature certainly is the long-craved for cargo distribution (CargoDist). But there's a lot of other enhancements like goal scripts now support much more elaborate descriptions, NewObjects can be now much more numerous and diverse and also be placed upon map creation, windows can remember their sizes. And many more. You can find the full changelog here right next to the gift-wrapped binary.

If you find any bugs or issues with this release, please don't hesitate, to report it in our bug tracker.
General questions are happily answered in our forum or on [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/openttd]IRC[/url].

Should you be eager to also add your personal touch to the upcoming stable release, you might consider to participate in our titlegame competition.

Enjoy, merry Christmas and a happy new year to all,
Your OpenTTD team
marqjc
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Christmas present: OpenTTD 1.4.0-beta1

Post by marqjc »

Downloaded and installed. It's already working! Thanks for the input!
I will try the program without leaving the family :D

Happy Holidays!
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Thanks and happy holidays for you and everyone else.

Clicking on 'binary' gives me this response:

Code: Select all

Error response

Error code 404.

Error code explanation: 404 = Nothing matches the given URI.
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

You can click on the link again as it has now fixed by planetmaker.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Tafidis
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Tafidis »

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Happy Christmas to all

(Can't wait to test it after all family dinners etc are over! I feel like a kid!)
Citizens Celebrate! First train arrives in <insert your favourite town/station name here>!
Transporter
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Transporter »

Yes, it also works on my W2000 gaming computer like 1.3.2 does. Maybe this times are finally gone when 1.3.1 did not work at all. Keep it up! :D
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

CargoDist coming to Trunk ! Yaaay !

Someone should make a jingle for it :mrgreen:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Nice work, I don't quite get why everyone is so excited about cargo dist, but eh. Nice work either way!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Not everybody does, I get it.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Akip Nax Dhagadoe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Akip Nax Dhagadoe »

I'm still not very understand with CargoDist. I don't know how to open my story book.

Regards, Akip
Brumi
President
President

Post by Brumi »

Cargodist and the story book are two completely different things. The story book can be used by game scripts to write some output into it, so you won't be able to use the story book without an appropriate game script.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

To try the story book you can for example play a game with the Awards game script or NoCarGoal. Not all game scripts use the story book, but several does including the two mentioned above.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Akip Nax Dhagadoe
Engineer
Engineer

Oh yeah, I'm nearly understand now. So, now, any cargo have their own destination if the destination station is different even it is the same cargo. Thanks.

Regards, Akip
Katve
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Katve »

Finally cargodist reaching beta !
Zhall
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zhall »

Let's celebrate!
Attachments
Holiday-train.gif
Holiday-train.gif (3.05 MiB) Viewed 5126 times
Akip Nax Dhagadoe
Engineer
Engineer

Hey, what is the meaning of "Cargo to any station"? Is that cargo waiting in the station useless?

Regards, Akip
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Akip Nax Dhagadoe wrote:Hey, what is the meaning of "Cargo to any station"? Is that cargo waiting in the station useless?

Regards, Akip
That is cargo that has no set destination and just wants to go somewhere. This "Cargo to any station" often is the result of not yet having completed the needed calculations for destinations, so in time the game will make those calculations, after which it will disappear by transporting it away.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Akip Nax Dhagadoe
Engineer
Engineer

Transportman wrote:
Akip Nax Dhagadoe wrote:Hey, what is the meaning of "Cargo to any station"? Is that cargo waiting in the station useless?

Regards, Akip
That is cargo that has no set destination and just wants to go somewhere. This "Cargo to any station" often is the result of not yet having completed the needed calculations for destinations, so in time the game will make those calculations, after which it will disappear by transporting it away.
Thanks for the answer. Happy new year!

Regards, Akip
waflija
Engineer
Engineer

Post by waflija »

I think I do not understand some stuff in the beta:
Cargo only has destinations, which are on my network. So it makes it easier to split up cargo. For example if I want to distribute some cargo 25:75 between 2 destinations.

If I get it right, it is NOT "In town A are 100 passengers who want to go to town B and 200 to go to town C", so I build a network between from A to C and can transport 200 passenger." - It is more like "There are 300 passenger in Town A. I've build a line to B. Now all 300 want to go to Town B, because there is no other route."

If I use feeder systems with trucks to a main station, the cargo, specially passengers, do not get a destination. Is this intended?

Do I get this right?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

waflija wrote:If I get it right, it is NOT "In town A are 100 passengers who want to go to town B and 200 to go to town C", so I build a network between from A to C and can transport 200 passenger." - It is more like "There are 300 passenger in Town A. I've build a line to B. Now all 300 want to go to Town B, because there is no other route."
correct, but this behaviour may be added in the future.
If I use feeder systems with trucks to a main station, the cargo, specially passengers, do not get a destination. Is this intended?
are you sure you actually activated the assignment of destinations in the advanced settings?

Return to “General OpenTTD”