[OTTD] New Zealand Scenario — [DELETED]

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
mike_slydog
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] New Zealand Scenario — [DELETED]

Post by mike_slydog »

[DELETED]
Last edited by mike_slydog on 08 Mar 2022 03:05, edited 5 times in total.
<<— Playing TTDPatch 2.6 r2384 via the Dosbox-based iDOS app on an iPad mini (6th gen) —>>
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: [OTTD] New Zealand Scenario - That's right ALL of NZ!

Post by planetmaker »

Nice map! I like it :) Maybe you can upload it to bananas: http://bananas.openttd.org/en/
common-interest website or forum for purposes of distribution and sharing, only if
it is in the original archive (zip) with all these files listed below:
will disallow others to do so (emphasis mine).
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I like the map, a bit empty but it's ok

I can suggest to go through real map and add even the smallest village on the empty west coast, even if village in game will have less than 10 people living there, there still will be possibility to expand town in future
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
mike_slydog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mike_slydog »

Thanks planetmaker.

I have joined onto Bananas, but don't see any upload link yet. Do you have to be a registered user for a period of time before it appears? I think I should amend that sentence you highlighted and edit the readme.

If for some reason I can't upload the file yet, could you put it there?

Thanks SHADOW-XIII.

I'll look at an atlas of NZ again and add in some smaller towns that do exist. I'll update it soon, then post version 1.6 once I have done that. Sound good?

BTW, I'd had this scenario kicking around on my desktop for some time, so thought I would share it.

Cheers :-)

MiKe
<<— Playing TTDPatch 2.6 r2384 via the Dosbox-based iDOS app on an iPad mini (6th gen) —>>
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

mike_slydog wrote:Thanks planetmaker.

I have joined onto Bananas, but don't see any upload link yet. Do you have to be a registered user for a period of time before it appears? I think I should amend that sentence you highlighted and edit the readme.
chose in the menu "manager" and login. Then chose "return to bananas" (as opposed to openttd). Then chose manager again. There you can "upload new" (or manage your existing uploads, e.g. update them with a new version).
If for some reason I can't upload the file yet, could you put it there?
Though I'd like to be of service I'm not allowed to help for two reasons: I couldn't, as bananas re-packages the files. Your license explicitly disallows distribution outside the zip you provided. Besides I'm not the author which are the terms of usage for bananas.
sootynz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by sootynz »

You might also like to try the South Island scenario as Arctic/ Alpine

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 27#p702927

Requires 0.7 and can be downlaoded via BaNaNaS
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Woahh...!
That scenario contains numerous newgrf which are neither available from bananas nor in the #openttdcoop newgrf pack.
missing_newgrf.png
missing_newgrf.png (3.77 KiB) Viewed 6228 times
This put aside, it's a very nice map :)

EDIT: Hm... I do have both, ECS and aviators newgrfs - but they're declared as only compatible, but not identical... strange.

EDIT2: Just to make it clear: this newgrf incompatibility refers to the South island map, not the scenario advertized here in the first posting.
mike_slydog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mike_slydog »

sootynz wrote:You might also like to try the South Island scenario as Arctic/ Alpine

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... 27#p702927

Requires 0.7 and can be downlaoded via BaNaNaS

Thanks sootynz.

I've downloaded both North and South Islands, but as yet haven't begun any games with them. They look good too and of course they are of New Zealand too, which is great!

BTW, IN A NOTE TO ALL:

I've pasted the whole read-me I originally wrote (with amendments) for this scenario now in the top of this thread, which should have some useful info. Also includes some parameter settings in the newGRFs that are listed to correct some problems or get things looking right.

Oh, I'll add some more towns and update the scenario file soon.

MIKE

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”