Indian Train/Engines

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

goremaniac
Engineer
Engineer

Indian Train/Engines

Post by goremaniac »

Hi,

I have no idea about creation of new graphics sets. However I do know how to search for info on net. Based upon that I am attaching documents and images of rail engines used in India or manufactured in India.

Need some really helpful person who can create these graphics and code them. All rights go to the persons who create them. I will just provide with all the data, which anyhow I am getting for free. Please help.

If more info needed, refer to following links
http://www.indiansteamrailwaysociety.in/history.html
http://www.irfca.org/index.html

All images are taken from above sites.

I am still trying to find information about steam engines. For record, trains started running in India since 1881.

The creators of the The 2cc Set could also take the data if they want.

Thanks
Attachments
Locomotives.doc
Diesel/Electric engines tech. specs.
(249 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
trains1.rar
Trains images 1
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 177 times
trains2.rar
Trains images 2
(705.32 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
goremaniac
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Indian Train/Engines

Post by goremaniac »

Few more Images.

Also can somebody give me email id's of 2CC's set. I will mail them all these files directly. It may be helpful for them

Thanks
Attachments
trains3.rar
Trains images 3
(257.06 KiB) Downloaded 154 times
trains4.rar
Trains images 4
(218.54 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
trains5.rar
Trains images 5
(142.38 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

post it in the 2cc thread :)
Member of the
ImageImage
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The 2cc Set could use a few Indian engines, but not too many. Basicly, chapter 4 of the readme shows what we need the most.

Our 2cc Set topic can be found in the TTDpatch Graphics forum.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
goremaniac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by goremaniac »

I will repost it on the 2CC's set topic.

Purno:-
Very difficult for me to tell which enignes you need or donot. If you open the Word Documents, it has all details about engines in tabular form. All the rows in Bold are engines which are manufactured in India.

Steam engines where also manufcatured in India, but aparently it was generally in collaboration with UK/USA industries.

If you need any more details regarding engines or photos, please let me know.

Cheers
Abhijit Gore
goremaniac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by goremaniac »

Updated files.

One excel sheet with prominent trains. All info. The rar file contains photo of all the mentioned trains.

Diesel trains - 16
Electric trains - 20

Total time span 1954-2002

Also given info about total number of loco's manufactured.

CLW stands for Chittaranjan Locomotive Works
DLW stands for Diesel Locomotive Works Varanasi
BHEL stands for Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
TELCO stands for TATA Engineering and Locomotive Company

I will soon add information about DMU's and EMU's along with steam engines

Need coders and graphics artist !.
Please help.
Attachments
Photos final.7z
Complete locos photos
(438.78 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
trains-database.xls
Final trains database - diesel and electric locos
(14 KiB) Downloaded 166 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

So you want to start an Indian Trainset.
You need a few things:
- Tracking table with pictures and stats, you seem to have that in the attachments, but a website would be a lot more open and easier :) If you need hosting, you could try to contact orudge, who is (in general) willing to host TT-related projects without charge.
- To attract artists you could try to PM a few, though it's not always easy to find them. Especially for someone new here it might be hard to know which people to contact. It'd be best if you can draw yourself too, that'd get the project really started.
- You need a coder (believe me, one is enough), unless you can code yourself. Though, before a coder can start, you need to have sprites.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Btw, do you want your set to be in real colors (like the DBset, USset, JapanSet) or dual company colors (like UKRS, NARS, the 2cc Set)?

EDIT: I got a WAP4 engine in 2cc, which you may use.
Image Image
goremaniac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by goremaniac »

Dual colours like 2CCset will be better. With them, I think users will be able to change the colour of the engines(livery) based upon the company colour.

Aim will be to keep pattern same of livery same as really livery's but allow users to change the colours used.

Thanks for allowing me to use WAP-4 engine from your 2CC set. I was going through the tutorial regarding new grf creation. The drawing part I could take up at beginning and start working on it. The coding part will need more time from me which I don't have because I work in real life on development of streaming servers.

I will try to create a basic Website before I orudge for space to host web-site.

Thanks for your inputs
Abhijit.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

For coding, you may want to take a look at GRF Maker (link in sig); it simplifies the coding (though has less possibilities).
Image Image
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

Tropic Refurb set has like - 6 or so indian engines

WAG-6C
WAP-4
WDM-2
WCM-1
WAM-1
WAM-4

using 2cc and so on. If you want, use them :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
goremaniac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by goremaniac »

Thanks Purno and uzurpator

I will definitely try to use them. Atleast during grf drawing clearning curve. I was just going through Purno's tutorial on drawing the PCX images.

http://users.tt-forums.net/purno/PDT/

Over the weekend I am going to try to draw atleast one engine, and If get hang of it may be more. let's C. I will post the PNG's on this post.

Thanks for all the help.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

uzurpator wrote:Tropic Refurb set has like - 6 or so indian engines

WAG-6C
WAP-4
WDM-2
WCM-1
WAM-1
WAM-4

using 2cc and so on. If you want, use them :)
Interesting, mind if I 'borrow' some of the trains in the Tropic Refurb for the 2cc Set?
Image Image
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

Purno wrote:Interesting, mind if I 'borrow' some of the trains in the Tropic Refurb for the 2cc Set?
Sure, go on :)
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
goremaniac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by goremaniac »

uzurpator

Don't mind but the PCx you have used to WDM-2 is wrong. Please go through the images. The one which u have implemented for WDM-2 is actually WDM-3.

I am attaching my a PCX off WDM-2 which I have tried to create. Also attaching original image of WDM-2

WDM-2 wt- 112 speed-120 power-2600 year designed-1962 type-Diesel Manufacturer - DLW
Attachments
wdm2.pcx
WDM-2 PCX
(994 Bytes) Downloaded 122 times
actual image of  WDM2
actual image of WDM2
wdm2.jpg (10.73 KiB) Viewed 5661 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Read my tutorials, especially the pages about dimensions and the palette, but checking the sprite sizes can't hurt either.
Image Image
uzurpator

Post by uzurpator »

goremaniac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by goremaniac »

uzurpator

See the link to image which u have sent. Zoom the image. You will find the name of the engine written on it. It is clearly shows WDM-2A which is different than WDM-2

Anyways, I think I have made mistake in that the image which I have put up is that of WDM-2 Jumbo's a slight modfication of WDM-2
Attachments
wdm2a.jpg
wdm2a.jpg (9.93 KiB) Viewed 5539 times
WDM-2 jumbo
WDM-2 jumbo
wdm-2.jpg (108.7 KiB) Viewed 5528 times
WDM-2
WDM-2
wdm-2_1.jpg (87.64 KiB) Viewed 5531 times
ige
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ige »

@Urzupator: And this is the text to the Picture in your link:
Another view. Twin Guntakal WDM-2 locos #18904 and #17351 with a northbound coal rake at Arsikere. Photograph by Jay Balakrishna, January 2003.

(Sorry for my english).
goremaniac
Engineer
Engineer

Post by goremaniac »

ige

forget the text which is written on the page. Take the image displayed and zoom in the Front end of the engine at the location shown by other image. You will clearly see the name WDM-2A

Return to “Graphics Development”