CSStations Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

CSStations Set

Post by Prebral »

As we discussed recently at forum.tycoonez.com (mostly Czech only), a railway station composes of both tracks/platforms and other facilities. There are already many types of tracks and platforms suitable for constructing railway stations, but not as much station facilities and bulidings. Michael Blunck's station buildings are great, but their placement between tracks is not typical for our geographic location. Station bulidings squeezed by the track and miniaturized (as in original TTD) also look strange. So we decided to create more stand-alone station buildings and other accessories to be placed onto sprites neighboring the track (actually replacing or being attached to existing tracks and forbidden for trains via coding). The entire CSStation set, however, will include some platforms too.
Some examples follow. Keep on mind, that the set is still being developed, so they are mostly mostly photoshop composites, not real screenshots - some layouts wait for being coded and there is still work waiting:

Modular station layout examples by mij:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1944/d ... s010kt.png
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7272/d ... s020gk.png
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/5196/cojehotovo0xh.png

Prague - Main station (Franz Joseph's/President Wilson's station). Finished 1909, when it replaced an older one. 2x2 modules, two variants of parking lots (typical and modern one). Modern hallway from 1997 is not included.

The same station as it would look like in game. Included platforms are NOT part of CSStations Set but of other various sets (MB, Silverline, Generic Stations).

Other stations:
(depending on year, color of platform marking, tables and other details will change...following examples are mixed)
1) "Klinec" - a small local 1x1 passenger station platform with shelter
2) "Srbsko" - larger country passenger station, up to 3 tracks
3) "Praha - Smichov" - city and larger town passenger/mail platform, some layout to be coded, there will probably also be a modern "reconstructed" major corridor version
4) "Cercany" - minor town platforms, passengers/mail. Layout needs to be coded.
5) "Pribram" - country/town station building (ochre-painted)
6) "Luzna" - country/town station building (clay limestone)
7) "Cakovice" - country/town/city outskirts station building
8) "Malacky" - Slovakian modernised country/town station
9) "Tomasek's quarry" - generic industrial station, maybe should have between-tracks variant because of the ramp. Ignore the "Klinec" in front of this one's photoshop example, it is just a glitch.
10) Ignore this - it is just an older version of Main Station, this station overview is recycled.

Some beta will be released sometimes to tune the code.
Last edited by Prebral on 15 Jan 2006 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Thats incredibly nice. You crazy Czech TTD'ers. What will you get up to next...

/me shakes his head, laughing and wanders off.

Great work guys, great work. I reckon the main station needs more shading and texturing, but the detail, WOW. Amazing stuff.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Hey! very impressive work! don't forget to keep us informed on releases of the Czeck sets, they are so nice!
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

Very nice! :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

OMG, that looks very awesome! Keep up the good work!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

bizarre! great! i mean, where do all those brilliant station drawers keep popping up from? nowhere? i mean, come on, it looks awesome. indeed maybe a little shading here and there, but very, VERY fine! :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

WOW! that's AMUSING! great work!
:bow: :bow: prebral
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Nice job guys, awesome grand station in the first post. Curious what the entire station set will contain but if it starts like this it's bound to be good.
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

I have recently tried to make a modern "corridor" version of platforms. Transparent plastic is used on some parts of them, however if I use the "transparent" color, it does not turn transparent in the game and remains beige. I think my palette settings are correct - other "active" colors work. I have even tried to draw it in the main sprite file with colors picked directly from transparent station roofs, but it remains beige even then.
Is some coding required to tell the sprite it includes transparent color or is the problem somewhere else?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Hey, I like your caternary pylons!
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

krtaylor wrote:Hey, I like your caternary pylons!
Actually, they are not mine, just I play with them. It is CSDElTractionSet by Pedro Zawislak:
http://ttd.tycoonez.com/?id=42
Pnaky
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Pnaky »

Prebral wrote:
krtaylor wrote:Hey, I like your caternary pylons!
Actually, they are not mine, just I play with them. It is CSDElTractionSet by Pedro Zawislak:
http://ttd.tycoonez.com/?id=42
Prebral: No no... It's draw by me and Pedro are coded it... ;)
Korenn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Korenn »

I get the feeling that the graphics posted here are considered 'done' ...

they still need a LOT of work.
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

Korenn wrote:I get the feeling that the graphics posted here are considered 'done' ...

they still need a LOT of work.
Sure, they need (I have actually tuned them last week, but it is not finished yet...and there were also some sprite size problems caused by a defect template used to measure their size.). There will also probably be some unofficial beta to test them in game (photoshop compositions have their limits...).
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Transparent is not a special action color, TTD uses two sprite for the transparent effect, one drawn with transparent effect...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
mij
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mij »

Work on Accessories to station with for the first publication near to ends. Already in princeps will everything portrayal in all tetra direction (white places infer, what have left finish).
Resurvey What already is napoo:

... and one freight station "brewery yard":

mij
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mij »

wooden warehouse

That Guy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by That Guy »

GREAT!

i'm waiting for the release :wink:

oh by the way is there any chance i could get my hands on those roads and signals? hope i'm not being a bother. thanks :lol:
Prebral
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Prebral »

2ThatGuy:

Roads:
http://ttd.tycoonez.com/?id=44

Signals:
http://ttd.tycoonez.com/?id=41

(just click on the desired file on the bottom of the page...it seems English section of the web is not fully operational yet)

Beta release of CSStations will come sometimes, but it still needs some work and not a line is coded yet (but we have coders fortunately). I will post a link here when it comes.
As for me, I have shaded and otherwise updated some of the buildings displayed above, but -as usually- one has also to do other things like making money and schoolwork.
mij
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mij »

Sorry for English, translate TRANSLATOR.
Definitive version sprites modulus to station:
Parkoviště = Parking (3 version)
Místa k stání = Place to parking (2 version)
Zarážedlo v trávě = Buffer-stop in graminoids
Zarážedlo v dlažbě = Buffer-stop in paving
Zarážedlo v parku = Buffer-stop in park
Zarážedlo betonové = Buffer-stop concrete
Točna (Příjezdová komunikace) = Pole (access road)
Skladiště zděné = Warehouse brick
Skladiště dřevěné = Warehouse wooden
Rampa = Ramp
Nákladiště (Nákladový dvůr) = Load (freight yard)
Park = Park
Dlažba = Paving
Štěrk = Gravel
Rezavá kolej (neježděná) = Rusty track (not only)

More on http://forum.tycoonez.com/viewtopic.php?t=84

Return to “Graphics Development”