US Set available [Trains v0.87.4d released 27 April 2008]

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

All of them work fine for me, using Info-zip unzip.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

WinRAR agrees with Info-zip. All six appear to be fine.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
OBrown
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OBrown »

*jumps on the bandwagon*

PowerArchiver doesn't have any probs with them either.
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

If you're going to be like that...
WinXP zippage thingy works fine as well.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Hello, everybody. I have been playing with the awesome US set and I wanted to point some features maybe you already know about:

1. the tankers (old version) the early version of the tankers has now (It hadn't before) the following problem: when converted to carry goods, it carries 100 crates (!!) instead of the ususal 50. Also, when converting to carry goods in a train with goos cars, their capacity is set to 25 ( :evil: !)

note that newer tankers keep goods capacity to 50

2. the heavy item cars. It happens since earlier versions. THis car can carry steel or goods, and has 2 graphic variants: one with a heavy stuff loaded and one with a shovel vehicle. The problem is that they're randomized, and I think that the heavy stuff should be set for steel only, and the shovel for goods only.
(see screenshot)
Attachments
heavyitem.gif
heavyitem.gif (14.71 KiB) Viewed 3290 times
goodstanker.gif
goodstanker.gif (7.03 KiB) Viewed 3290 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Well... Uzurpator did what was supposed to be a gondola loaded with steel, but it actually looks more like a HD flat with steel slabs on it. I'd suggest using that as the graphic for the HD Flat fitted for steel. If not, I can draw an HD flat with some beams and/or slabs on it.

Take Care,
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Sanchimaru wrote:1. the tankers (old version) the early version of the tankers has now (It hadn't before) the following problem: when converted to carry goods, it carries 100 crates (!!) instead of the ususal 50. Also, when converting to carry goods in a train with goos cars, their capacity is set to 25 ( :evil: !)
I've fixed this in alpha 38, it was a problem of the patch.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

There are actually quite a few bugs and changes that are waiting to be coded, but I haven't heard anything from Oracle in a long while. He did say he was going to be gone for a few weeks, but I think that time is almost up. Oracle?
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

DanMak: I have no complaints about the look of it, the graphic is quite alright for me. What I meant is to leave the HD only as steel car, and the shovel only as goods car.

Patchman: Thank you always for your effort!
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Sanchimaru,

Both HD Flats were intended as "Goods" cars only. Steel should be carried in Gondolas and Coil cars.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

I haven't really been following the progress of this and was wondering if you've fixed the stupidly long availability periods? Or are the train lists still really full all the time? Or even fuller with all the new trains you keep making?
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

The availability lists can't be changed unless there's a change in the Patch. Because some US locomotives had a very long useful life, and because a loco, even if new, becomes unusable very quickly after it's discontinued, we have to keep them "on the list" for a very long time. Recently Patchman made a suggestion that would help with that, maybe it will bear fruit.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

You presume people have breakdowns on. All that the long lists mean is that people use the trains for the proper period, the bit you add on and the extra bit after that until it's too old.
To be honest, when i played it last, your ideas didn't work, i just used one type of engine for most of my game. So i'm not going to play the game again and do the same thing.. at least try and force us to use something else.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

!?
why force people to play in any way? as it is now, each one can choose how to play.

The locomotives are there, you can buy them anytime. Nobody forces you to play all the game using only one kind of train. You have the chance to decide the way you play. If you know you could use a larger variety of trains, you don't need anybody to force you to use them. You can do it anytime by yourself.
If they forced people to use other trains, that might affect people who want to play in other way.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

I don't know anything about when the trains are meant to be in service, so i, as with pretty much every other gamer is going to use the most cost effective train. I'm just saying, at the current stats, that means people will use trains for a lot longer than intended.

It seems clear that your not going to change anything, which i think is a pity but i guess i'll leave it as it is then.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Steve wrote:It seems clear that your not going to change anything
Actually you're wrong. A LOT of details are going to be changed in the next version, and the availability periods is one for which we're working on a fix. Also the vehicle mix will be noticeably different between the three climates.
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

Well, I've done a fairly substantial amount of work over the last couple of weeks to bring you a nice TT Christmas present - namely the first US Set release for some time!
Version 0.84 of the US Stations Set is now available, with several changes. The main ones are a new "disused" version of the country station (shown when your passenger rating becomes poor) and a brand new 'Alderson' station design, both by cornelius.
There are also a few more changes and the fact that alpha 39 or greater is now required.

Unfortunately, although I haven't seen it yet, I believe that the country station will change from "disused" back to "used" even if you don't provide any passenger services, due to the operation of the selectgoods feature in alpha versions of the patch. If you really want to avoid it, you should be able to use "selectgoods 2" but I don't think it's a serious problem.

A screenshot of most of the stations in the set is attached.

Changes in version 0.84:
  • Updated Action 4s for alpha 39.
  • Set now requires alpha 39 or higher in all cases.
  • Enabled 7+ lengths for country station and up to 7 platforms (although lengths 10 or greater are not at all recommended).
  • "Normal" country stations become "disused" if passengers rating falls to 38% or below.
  • Enabled 5-7 platforms for Amshacks and all possible lengths (although lengths 10 or greater are not at all recommended)
  • Added 'Alderson' stations as new type of "country" station.
  • Changed country station to show signs in company colour instead of blue.
Attachments
A screenshot of most of the stations in the set.
A screenshot of most of the stations in the set.
stations.png (54.57 KiB) Viewed 2877 times
usstatsw.zip
US Stations Set v0.84 for Windows.
(40.06 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
usstats.zip
US Stations Set v0.84 for DOS.
(39.82 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

1. I've made the update to the website. Do you think we should start taking the pre-a39 versions off of there?

2. Do you think it would be possible to release a new version of the Industrial stations that fixes the clipping problem on the generic-industry one? It started with one of the more recent patches that handles obscuring differently.

3. You need to change the version number in your sig. :wink:

Good work! Is anybody working on US stations currently?
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

krtaylor wrote:1. I've made the update to the website. Do you think we should start taking the pre-a39 versions off of there?
Yes: I think everyone using alphas should be using the latest ones, so there's little point keeping older versions there.
krtaylor wrote:2. Do you think it would be possible to release a new version of the Industrial stations that fixes the clipping problem on the generic-industry one? It started with one of the more recent patches that handles obscuring differently.
I will try - at some point. Remember that I didn't code or draw them in the first instance and I believe it will need quite a bit of work to fix that bug.
krtaylor wrote:Is anybody working on US stations currently?
I don't think so - but I have enough trains to catch up on at the moment :wink:.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Oracle wrote:
krtaylor wrote:2. Do you think it would be possible to release a new version of the Industrial stations that fixes the clipping problem on the generic-industry one? It started with one of the more recent patches that handles obscuring differently.
I will try - at some point. Remember that I didn't code or draw them in the first instance and I believe it will need quite a bit of work to fix that bug.
Is norfolksouthern still around? Maybe we could get him to update them? There was supposed to be a wood loading facility at some point also.

Return to “Graphics Releases”