Here you can download the latest version of the various US Sets: trains, stations, roads and industrial stations. Please see the US Set web site for the latest downloads.
Yes, the first public release (version 0.80) of the US Set is finally here!
On behalf of all the contributors, I am very pleased to announce that just over 5 months of very hard work has finally culminated in something worth playing, although I think you'll find it quite different from normal TTD gameplay
The most important thing to do for anyone who wants to play the set is to read the readme
. This is included in the ZIP file with the GRF itself.What is the US Set?
In case you haven't been reading the thread, the US Set is a set of American trains from 1920 to some time in the future. American diesels are well represented, along with high-speed and high-power locos and some of the classics like the Big Boy.
There are many special features of TTDPatch used in the set and we (the contributors) believe that you will enjoy playing with it!
It requires at least TTDPatch 2.0.1 Alpha 29
so don't try to run it on an old alpha version or the release version 2.0.
As ever, more information can be found in the readme.
This set is licensed under the GNU Public License (GPL). A copy is enclosed with the ZIP file. Therefore all the usual distribution and modification rights apply but the authors would be grateful if you asked before using the graphics elsewhere.Where can I and will I be able to get it from?
The set should always be available at the following places:
What should I do if I find a bug/have an idea/etc.?
- In this thread, and more specifically this post. The latest version will be uploaded here, along with a changelog, and will also be posted at the current end of the thread where appropriate.
- On the US Set website (soon after this release): http://www.as-st.com/ttd/newusa/
If you find a bug then you should either
post in this thread to tell us or
send me an email at usset [at] tt-forums [dot] net. Hopefully there won't be too many, though
If you have an idea for development, please post it in the "US Set Development Thread" in this forum. However, we do not particularly want any more locomotives because we have so many at the moment.
If you have a general comment to make, please post it here.More information
US Set Website: http://www.as-st.com/ttd/newusa/
Development thread: viewtopic.php?t=6236
Readme: included in ZIP file or at http://www.as-st.com/ttd/newusa/readme.htmlCredits
I mustn't forget the credits, of course. Many thanks go to:
Me, for doing the coding
uzurpator, for drawing goodness knows how many vehicles
DanMacK, for the same
mnorman, for drawing various vehicles
aaronp, for drawing various vehicles
Born Acorn, for drawing various vehicles
nilsi, for drawing and coding the level crossings
CNRail, for starting the Centrebeam cars
Purno, for a last-minute contribution
and last, but by no means least, krtaylor, for a tremendous amount of coordination and general help throughout development.
Well, I've got nothing else to say, so I guess you'd better get reading the readme and starting to play!
Version 0.87.3 of train set uploaded (see web site)
Version 0.87.1 of train set now uploaded.
Version 0.87 of train set now uploaded.
Version 0.86 of stations now uploaded.
Version 0.86 now uploaded for trains.
Version 0.85.2 of stations now uploaded.
Version 0.85 of roadset now uploaded: download it here
Version 0.98 of the Industrial Stations Set now uploaded: download it here
Changes in version 0.87.4d:
- Fixed bug with reefers not being able to be refit.
- usset-ecs-adapter.grf no longer required for ECS compatability.
Changes in version 0.87.3:
- Fixed bug with boxcars not being able to be refit.
- Added ECS compatibility - must put usset-ecs-adapter.grf afterwards.
Changes in version 0.87.2:
- Fixed bug with reefer callback 36 not checking properties correctly.
Changes in version 0.87.1:
- Fixed bug with reefer callback 36 not checking properties correctly.
- Fixed tropic cargo translation table being an action C rather than an action 0.
- Tried to fix gondola refit masks.
Changes in version 0.87:
- Now needs 2.0.1 alpha 66 or more recent.
- Added animated versions of Mikado, Mountain and GS-4 Daylight.
- Tried to improve the coding of some sections; shouldn't really be noticeable.
- Enabled Hudson in temperate.
- Added new SD40-2 livery in Arctic only and updated the previous liveries with new sprites.
- Added MBTA GP9 in temperate only.
- Updated F59PHI, F40PH-2 and F40C (livery of F40PH-2) Metra sprites.
- Updated Metra bi-level cars sprites.
- Changed behaviour of F40PH-2 with passenger carriages - much more variety now!
- Added brief description of usage of each engine to in-game purchase window.
- Corrected some usage mistakes in the readme (although there are probably some remaining).
- Removed all the checking for other trainset GRFs - people are mature enough to check which are and aren't activated.
- Tankers built from 1980 onwards can travel at 75 mph in TTDPatch 2.5 beta 6 upwards.
- Fixed some noticeable colour randomising bugs with intermodals - you might now have to rebuild them to get a decent mix of colours though.
- Added some newcargos support - hopefully works with Pikka's Basic Industries & some of ECS but is not perfect - NewCargos support also seems to be broken.
- C&NW passenger trains now don't always have an observation car.
- Added C628 diesel into temperate climate only.
- Added Amtrak AmCafe and Viewliner passenger cars (latter as refit).
- Made interurbans available in sub-tropical climate.
- Updated open autorack sprites - open autoracks now travel at 70 mph, closed autoracks still at 80 mph.
- Completely reworked reefers, with updated sprites, speed changing from 90 to 100 mph in 1976, and a High-Cube refit from 1976 with larger capacity but slower speed.
- Added Alaska RR GP38-2 and SD70MAC in Arctic climate with matching passenger & mail cars, and even a matching caboose!
- Probably some other small changes that I didn't write down...
Changes in version 0.86:
- Added revised Budd M-2 'Cosmopolitan' sprites, including mail livery.
- Updated AC-6 Cab-Forward sprites.
- Added SDP40 liveries for SD40-2 passenger service.
- Added some new hopper styles.
- Fixed alignment of off-centre caboose.
- Made Y6b cheaper to purchase and operate.
- Fixed some problems with gondolas and reinstated flat steel gondolas.
- Updated HHP-8 sprites.
- Made E60C available until EL13K introduced.
- Made F59PHI available until end of game
- Fixed bug with AI generic callback. (Thanks DaleStan.)
- Added GP25FCC future fuel cell locomotive.
- Made only alternate Budd M-2 carriages powered.
- Reduced GE44T running cost.
- Increased running costs of later locos (except Colorado DMUs).
- Updated Colorado DMU sprites.
- Moved just about all checks before Action 8.
- Updated C&NW E8 sprites.
- Added two C&NW cabooses for matching trains.
- Updated Santa Fe F7 sprites.
- Added new red, C&NW and Santa Fe freight F7 sprites in various climates.
- Added new C&NW single-level passenger and mail cars.
- Added EF-3 boxcab as replacement for EL-A in arctic.
- Updated E8 Metra sprites.
- Updated paper boxcar sprites and changed availability years; added High-Cube paper boxcar.
- Added new sets of intermodals.
- Added GRF Resource Management (I think!). (Needs all train IDs.)
- Added support for Michael Blunck's NewCargo set.
- Restricted climate availability of locos.
- Changed animated Berkshire to use motion counter in alpha 61 and later.
- Fixed overlength sprites.
Changes in version 0.85:
- Set now requires alpha 47 or higher in all cases.
- Fixed incorrect cargos/refitting possibilities for gondola.
- Made stainless steel passenger/mail cars appear in 1940 rather than 1946.
- Updated 20th Century Limited (NYC Hudson) sprites.
- Added new bay window caboose.
- Updated Doodlebug sprites, including mail refit version.
- Added new iron ore car sprites.
- Added new C&NW liveries for bi-level cars, GP9 and E8 but not in Tropical.
- Slightly modified names of many wagons (to be more American).
- Added D&RGW PA-1 livery to Arctic instead of NYNH&H.
- Restricted SD40-2 Chessie livery to Temperate and Tropical and BN to Arctic.
- Corrected very slight positioning error with E8 UP livery.
- Added C&NW random livery for AC6000CW in Arctic.
- Replaced Conrail C30-7 livery with BN livery in Arctic.
- Updated BN SD70MAC sprites again.
- Added H8 Allegheny to Temperate climate instead of Big Boy.
- Replaced E8 UP livery in Arctic with GN "Empire Builder".
- Changed GE44 livery.
- Added new C&O GP9 and modified livery arrangements for different climates.
- Updated Mikado sprites.
- Added UP and CSX livery SD70MAC variants; restricted each livery to one climate only (CSX - temperate; BN - arctic; UP - sub-tropical)
- Changed ETD introduction date to 1970 (plus random amount).
- Many other minor positioning changes too small to note.
- Added S2 'Northern' as replacement for GS-4 Daylight in Arctic.
- Added Class J 'Northern' as replacement for GS-4 Daylight in Temperate, with matching passenger and mail carriages.
- Added express reefer to replace reefer graphics 1921-65 where reefers are in the same train as passenger cars.
- Updated Sharknose sprites and corrected erroneous sprite ordering.
- Modified F7 liveries with replacement sprites - now only ATSF in Temperate, UP in Arctic and both in Tropical.
- Added non-streamlined Hudson as replacement in all three climates - 20th Century Limited livery now available only in temperate and not until 1938.
- Slightly altered many goods capacities.
- Fixed slight bug with Sunset bi-levels at back of train with parameter bit 5 set.
- Changed steel coil car introduction date to 1965; updated coil car sprites with new alternate livery for 1965-1990 and a new livery for 1991 onwards.
- Updated Challenger sprites.
- Added two new tanker designs (one all cargos in early years, one modern goods and food) and updated sprites for one other.
- Added new FP45 locomotive (SD45 passenger version) in Arctic or Tropical.
- Changed name of SD70M to SD70MAC and reduced running cost.
- Added two new SOO line cabooses.
- Added new C&NW random livery for SD45 in temperate.
- Updated C636 sprites.
- Updated Hi-Cube boxcar sprites.
- Changed wood car in Arctic to use both log cars and woodchip gondolas.
- Changed capacities of various freight wagons (mainly for goods).
- Added Y6b as replacement for AC-6 in temperate.
- Prevented some passenger locomotives from hauling freight wagons. (See readme for more details.)
- Prevented some passenger locomotives from hauling bi-levels. (See readme for more details.)
- Added non-BN woodchip hopper for use until 1970.
- Added Class C 'Shay' specialised hill-climbing steam locomotive in Temperate and Tropical climates.
- Increased GE44T horsepower slightly to make it a bit more usable.
- Added Amtrak stainless coaches as livery change for existing stainless coaches in 1970, including Budd Slumbercoach (6th vehicle from front in trains with at least 9 vehicles).
- Increased tractive effort of RF16 'Sharknose'.
- Reduced AEM7 power to 6000 hp.
- Added new set of boxcars to carry grain and New York Central 'Pacemaker' boxcar for 1945-70.
- Added 2-8-0 'Consolidation' as a cheap steamer from the start of the game.
- Added EP-5 as commuter electric locomotive in mid-game (not Tropical climate).
- Updated Big Boy sprites.
- Added Budd "Big Dome" as possible stainless passenger carriage in Tropical climate.
- Added new set of intermodals as a replacement for the originals.
- Updated F59PHI Metra sprites and bi-level carriages.
- Added open autoracks as Autorack livery 1950-1969.
- Limited all multiple units with powered wagons to length 8 ("engine" plus seven passenger or mail carriages).
- Changed H24-66 'Trainmaster' to a Universal engine and updated sprites.
- Updated F40PH2 sprites and added new NJT commuter livery with matching passenger and mail cars.
- Improved AI use of locomotives, wagons and track types.
- Updated all masses of articulated locomotives to take into account that additional pieces do not contribute mass.
- Changed some vehicle introduction dates and reorganised purchase list slightly.
- Changed Genesis to 4000 hp (and name to P40).
- Allowed covered hoppers to be refitted to goods and used some liveries specifically for each cargo.
- Removed original PA-1/PB-1 livery.
- Completely changed model availability dates and model lives using new "early retirement" feature of TTDPatch.
- Added new C40-8 locomotive.
- Updated Budd RDC sprites and added MBTA versions as GP9 passenger carriages in some circumstances.
- Changed locomotive purchase cost base to give more variation within purchase costs.
- Modified many wagon masses and loading speeds.
- Added animated Berkshire.
- Changed refittability of some freight cars.
Changes in version 0.83.1:
- Corrected graphical bug with taillight bi-level car (early style).
Changes in version 0.83:
- Set now requires Alpha 32 or higher in all cases.
- Corrected sprite and positioning error on steel coil car.
- Removed steel coil car from Arctic climate and corrected graphics bug with that car.
- Added new E8 Amtrak sprites.
- Changed refit costs to be more affordable.
- Berkshire stats improved.
- Completely reworked running costs using uzurpator's new table.
- Fixed weight and TE for articulated engines.
- Fixed woodchip gondola horizontal positioning error.
- Added Action 4s for all wagons to correct some anomalies.
- Replaced C424 and C636 with RSD15 in Tropic.
- Fixed bug with incorrect error messages being shown for some graphics sets. (I hope)
- Added new SD40-2 liveries.
- Added new Metra bi-level cars.
- Added Metra versions of F59PHI and F40PH2 but not used in tropic.
- Removed Amtrak California F59PHI from arctic and temperate - Metra only now used there.
- Updated K4 Pacific sprites.
- Rearranged NFO file to be slightly more readable.
- Added new copper ore cars.
- Fixed some engines appearing the wrong length when original DB Set "overwritten" by US Set graphics.
- Added new stainless passenger/mail cars.
- Added E8 in Metra livery (3/8 chance; not in tropics; appears 1972)
- Removed tender from purchase list because no longer needed with articulated vehicles.
- Fixed incorrect Action 4 picked up by alpha 35.
Changes in version 0.82:
- Corrected positioning on various engines and carriages.
- Updated graphics for Sharknose, SD70, H24-66, GP9u, covered hoppers and coal hopper.
- Changed MP-54 and M-2 capacities to 40 passengers.
- Corrected slight error with F7.
- Added High Hood SD40-2 as random livery for SD40-2.
- Enabled Budd M-2 Cosmopolitan for AI use.
- Modified E60C and E60CP start dates slightly.
- Disable set if newtrains or electrifiedrailway aren't on. Give warning messages if tracktypecostdiff, gradualloading, multihead or mammothtrains aren't on.
- New parameter bit 6 (value 64) sets passenger/mail loading speeds to 10 per tick.
- Altered Big Blow costs slightly.
- Added Trailer-on-Flatcar (TOFC) as new goods van.
- Added new version of E8 in UP livery with new armoured car override.
- Added two new grain hoppers and removed one.
- Added a freight livery of the GS-4 Daylight that appears when it is hauling freight (i.e. train is not solely transporting passengers, mail and/or valuables/gold/diamonds).
- Added "articulated engine" callbacks for Alpha 30 and above so that all pieces of an articulated engine or steam locomotive (including tender if applicable) are automatically purchased with the first engine.
- Altered AI ranks for electric locomotives (different under Alpha 30 and above to allow EP-2 'Bipolar' and EP-4 'Little Joe' usage).
- Made all articulated locos no longer dual-headed in Alpha 30 and fixed problems associated with this.
- Added new goods gondola.
Changes in version 0.81:
- Mispositioning of loaded small coal hoppers corrected.
- Improved positioning of steam from AC-6 Cab-Forward.
Changes in version 0.86 of the stations set:
- Added Toronto Union Station (TUS), including four station parts: main station, buffer stops (north and south) and entrance ramp.
Changes in version 0.85.2 of the stations set:
- Changed all stations to use variable 41 in almost all cases to as not to alter automatically on station expansion.
Changes in version 0.85.1 of the stations set:
- Added snow version of country station for use in snowy areas.
- Changed basic platforms (except gravel) to not alter automatically on station expansion - you will sometimes have to rebuild to keep the correct appearance.
- Fixed bug with AI callback accidentally using variable 40.
- Changed pylon appearance on most stations.
Changes in version 0.85 of the stations set:
- Set now requires alpha 46 or higher in all cases.
- Added concrete version of country station as new construction option.
- Allowed asphalt stations to be built from 1950.
- Reworked asphalt stations to (hopefully) eliminate some glitches and added new island platform option.
- Added high-level concrete platform in both dual and island options.
- Allowed AI to use some stations in certain cases.
- Made country stations (not Alderson) appear with snowy or desert ground tiles in these areas.
Changes in version 0.84 of the stations set:
- Updated Action 4s for alpha 39.
- Set now requires alpha 39 or higher in all cases.
- Enabled 7+ lengths for country station and up to 7 platforms (although lengths 10 or greater are not at all recommended).
- "Normal" country stations become "disused" if passengers rating falls to 38% or below.
- Enabled 5-7 platforms for Amshacks and all possible lengths (although lengths 10 or greater are not at all recommended)
- Added 'Alderson' stations as new type of "country" station.
- Changed country station to show signs in company colour instead of blue.