Station Upgrades

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Station Upgrades

Post by wallyweb »

I have come across an issue where if a station set offers new tiles after a certain date, when one tries to upgrade the old station, the old style tiles remain. The new style tiles can only be used for new stations, meaning that the old station would have to be deleted completely (including any attachments such as rv stops and airports), to the point that the station name disappears from the game, in order to upgrade it. This also applies to station tiles from another set that are built before the new style tiles are available in game.

This is very annoying, especially if the station is a busy one with many vehicles using it. Each vehicle must be located and its orders updated.

Apparently the availability date remains with the station as long as the station exists.

My suggestion is to find a way to remove this "feature" or to add a button or something similar that would allow the station date to be changed. A cheat comes to mind, but a button in the station's window would probably be more appropriate.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

wallyweb wrote:if a station set offers new tiles after a certain date, when one tries to upgrade the old station, the old style tiles remain. The new style tiles can only be used for new stations [...]
Which station set are you refering to? I´ve never seen happening this in my own NewStations set?

regards
Michael
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

michael blunck wrote:
wallyweb wrote:if a station set offers new tiles after a certain date, when one tries to upgrade the old station, the old style tiles remain. The new style tiles can only be used for new stations [...]
Which station set are you refering to? I´ve never seen happening this in my own NewStations set?

regards
Michael
I'm sorry Michael. I should have been more explicit, but I thought that this might have been a more general issue. Actually, it might still be a general issue. I noticed it when testing the Canadian Station Set's "not released yet" version. The problem is not so much the buildings but rather the station platforms. The buildings are only affected if they too have an older version that precedes the new platforms' date. I do notice this happening with your waypoints. The new graphic will not appear when built over the old graphic of the same platform/building/waypoint until the platform/building/waypoint is destroyed to the point that the station name disappears (usually after 20 or so game days).

Return to “Suggestions”