[RELEASE] Low-floor Trams v2.3

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

EirikhO
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by EirikhO »

andel wrote:WOW :shock:
Totally agree with you, andel.
This is my signature.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

That is very very nice.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Glad you like it. :)

There'll be 2 versions from this, the red Prague 14T and the blue 16T ordered by Wroclaw, Poland. Would there be interest for company colors?
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

martin, if i see a t3d, i´ll make images with my handy from the top. if i have a chance to see one from the top :D
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Thanks, that would help. :wink:

Actually, I tried to build the low-floor version T3R.PLF, which is a little bit different than the other T3's and found only a side blueprint. After experimenting a bit in MAX I switched to the Skoda 14T tram because I had perfect blueprints from Hodkowicz and I can build it much faster without experimenting. Or maybe I'll just leave the T3, Hodkowicz has some in his pack and you've built a very nice one. It was just the low-floor version that I was really interested in anyway...
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

Something for you, Strongbow...
XXX...it looks like VarioLF and I found it, when I was looking for T3's blueprint, which I unfortunately didn't find...:-(
Anyway, I think the polish version is looking better, but czech is czech...:-) So, if you need help, I'm willing to do the polish skin. Here is my help with the czech one...

I'm looking forward to your amazing stuff
Attachments
Škoda Porsche 14T.jpg
Škoda Porsche 14T.jpg (50.47 KiB) Viewed 1698 times
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Hodkowicz wrote:Something for you, Strongbow...
XXX...it looks like VarioLF and I found it, when I was looking for T3's blueprint, which I unfortunately didn't find...:-(
Thank you! Although I think the VarioLF blueprint is also on the Pragoimex website in some form. It's just the Prague VarioLF - T3R.PLF that is hard to find a blueprint for. Also the roof profile of it is different from a standard T3.
Anyway, I think the polish version is looking better, but czech is czech...:-)
Heh, I was talking about it with Proky too, a silver body with red squares is not exactly a hole in the design world. :P They should've given it the same livery as T3R.PLF (arrow + stripes) imho.
So, if you need help, I'm willing to do the polish skin. Here is my help with the czech one...
Hey thanks for the "texture". :P That will save lots of time! I'll send you the .PSDs once I have them and you can try the polish one yourself. :wink:
I'm looking forward to your amazing stuff
Thanks. But be patient, I'm not as fast as usual though I hope to have it finished till the end of the month or so. :wink:

BTW, do you want to include the polish version in your pack too? I'm just thinking if there should be 2 packs - your DPPSet with only Prague trams and mine with other cities' too or we just throw everything together into your DPP Pack? Let me know.

Also what happened to the CSD DMUs? We had those nice Stadler's rendered. :wink: And I still am willing to do the M290.0. But first 14T and the Ringhoffer tram. :)
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

Strongbow wrote:Heh, I was talking about it with Proky too, a silver body with red squares is not exactly a hole in the design world. :P They should've given it the same livery as T3R.PLF (arrow + stripes) imho.
:-) Proky? Is he still alive? I've not heard about him for a long time. 8)
Hey thanks for the "texture". :P That will save lots of time!
You're welcome!
BTW, do you want to include the polish version in your pack too? I'm just thinking if there should be 2 packs - your DPPSet with only Prague trams and mine with other cities' too or we just throw everything together into your DPP Pack? Let me know.
I'm not sure. It depends on how many trams you want to do...;-)
Also what happened to the CSD DMUs? We had those nice Stadler's rendered. :wink: And I still am willing to do the M290.0. But first 14T and the Ringhoffer tram. :)
:lol: I'm not really as fast as you expect as well, especially in Sydney ;-) ,but I have had finished 810 (aprox. 7-8 kinds) and 814 (Regionova). It's going very slowly than I want... :(
And don't worry about M290.0, someone is doing this train for MSTS...;-)
Last edited by Hodkowicz on 07 May 2007 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

:-) Proky? Is he still alive? I've not heard about him for a long time. 8)
Me neither. I spoke to him about a month ago and he had some sad family event. :(
I'm not sure. I depends on how many trams you want to do...;-)
For now, 14T + 16T and Ringhoffer in Prague green + red and red with a modern pantograph. Also a trailer for the Ringhoffer, not sure which one yet, probably the old Ringhoffer one too. Maybe the funeral tram as well. :wink: Also a Kosice Ringhoffer probably. That's it I guess.
And don't worry about M290.0, someone is doing this train for MSTS...;-)
ok then... :( :cry:
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Putting in details...
Attachments
14T another WIP
14T another WIP
14t_details.gif (40.77 KiB) Viewed 5881 times
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

Wow, it's almost finished...just the last part, trolleys and wheels...:-)
I'm looking forward to this huge vehicle.

PS: This topic is very similar to our icq conversation...;-)
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Hodkowicz wrote:Wow, it's almost finished...just the last part, trolleys and wheels...:-)
Yes, but all the electronic equipment on the roof - detail madness. :shock:
I'm looking forward to this huge vehicle.
As I can't code a 5-part vehicle in Locomotion, I've decided to split it into 2 parts - front (first 3 carriages) and back (last 2 carriages). You'll have to connect it yourself in Locomotion. What do you think? I can send you the XMLs when I have them for fixes, too.
PS: This topic is very similar to our icq conversation...;-)
Yes, Andel interrupts those as well. :P :wink:
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

looks amazing :D (/me inserts "as usual" here)

nice to see you modding again
Hodkowicz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hodkowicz »

strongbow wrote:Yes, but all the electronic equipment on the roof - detail madness. :shock:
8o f*ck, so good luck, if you want to do it in details.

As I can't code a 5-part vehicle in Locomotion, I've decided to split it into 2 parts - front (first 3 carriages) and back (last 2 carriages). You'll have to connect it yourself in Locomotion. What do you think? I can send you the XMLs when I have them for fixes, too.
Yes I know, we spoke about this few months ago... I think that is the best possibility, because divide it into 3 parts (2 driving cars + power car) is not possible because of a difference between the first and the last part.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

8o f*ck, so good luck, if you want to do it in details.
well look at the roof of my TEZ class 425. this one needs to have similar level of detail. it'll look cool with all the boxes and cables there. :)
Yes I know, we spoke about this few months ago... I think that is the best possibility, because divide it into 3 parts (2 driving cars + power car) is not possible because of a difference between the first and the last part.
Exactly, the last part doesn't have a pantograph, has an additional window on the left side and then some small details including the electrical equipment on the roof.

On the other hand, has anyone tried to force a 5-part train into the XML? Hmm, I'll have a try - you never know what happens in Locomotion, though probably a crash. :P
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

strongbow wrote:On the other hand, has anyone tried to force a 5-part train into the XML? Hmm, I'll have a try - you never know what happens in Locomotion, though probably a crash. :P
~kersplat~ it wont work.. been there... tried that..
my fix was to just release a 4 car unit.

i also tried a 3 car half and a 2 car half that only couple with each other. then whats to stop someone from making a 4 car or a 6 car frankenstien from it? mwwaahhaaaa.... oh yeah the power car.. lol watch the AI only buys the front half....
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

i also tried a 3 car half and a 2 car half that only couple with each other. then whats to stop someone from making a 4 car or a 6 car frankenstien from it? mwwaahhaaaa.... oh yeah the power car.. lol watch the AI only buys the front half....
oh bugger, true. :? hmm. what to do?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

5 part units? Just build it like the APT; power engine who needs driving cabs, the drivingcabs are 2 part units. dual headed, und voila a 5 car unit with 2 dats :P without a stupid AI thing :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Illegal_Alien wrote:5 part units? Just build it like the APT; power engine who needs driving cabs, the drivingcabs are 2 part units. dual headed, und voila a 5 car unit with 2 dats :P without a stupid AI thing :P
That's what I was thinking too but the first and fifth part are not identical (driver's place, pantograph, windows), so it would need to be different. Then the AI might build a tram with two driver cabs or none at all. :(
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Hmm, i could only say; play without AI :P But on the other hand, the Shinkansen 0 wich is originaly from Orudge is one .dat file with multiple units in it... Ah well, thats for the programming skill guys to find out.

I cant find another solution, maybe you have to make it a 4 part unit. (I think i gonna do that with the Citadis of the RET also (Is irl also 5 part). Just because we are hitting Locomotion limitations.

Disclaimer: Dont start the "Lets edit the exe " crap please.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”