[Idea] .Dat file Database

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Overlord1191
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

[Idea] .Dat file Database

Post by Overlord1191 »

We really need to put together some sort of database of all the .dat files! :idea:

Format like:
1) Filename
2) who made it
3) what is, what it does, what it needs

I'm in a mess right now because I've got so many mods (YAY!) that I can't figure out what came with the original game and what's new (UGH!) and I'm trying to remember what's what.

maybe this would be perfect for the Locomotion Wiki. I'm willing to do a part in this but I'm not going to do it all myself (because I don't know what everything is). This would be great though, and in the future it would keep us from using the same names and overwriting each other's files.

For example I've created ROCK3.dat (my mars terrain) LSBROW2.dat (the mars terrain cliffs) and I'm working on some new townname containers and possible some new landscape graphics. 8)
Daan Timmer
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Daan Timmer »

[WIP}users.tt-forums.net/purno

and so far its only for TTD but I can speak with purno to add a lomo section

as I said, still a WIP (work in progress) everything works, but the menu has to be changed It first were all pictures, and I am changing them to CSS... altho I couldend finish it, tahts why it looks ugly now :D

"Your arguments are totally nothing.. They have so little meaning that its kind of funny you took the time to write them"
"your pixels aren't good enough to talk to me.. sorry"
"Random does not mean fair, and past results do not influence future occurrences." - Corbenn
Stylpe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Stylpe »

Sort by date.
All original files will be dated the same day you installed Loco, the rest will be mods dated when you extracted them.
Olli
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Olli »

Im working on a database of the original .dat files, at first just a list what dat file is what kind of object.
Its an excel table with small images and some/all variables.
If someone can create an exe that creates such a table automatically i would like that.
Mek
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Mek »

Olli wrote:Im working on a database of the original .dat files, at first just a list what dat file is what kind of object.
Its an excel table with small images and some/all variables.
If someone can create an exe that creates such a table automatically i would like that.
i have an exe that (among other things) creates an xml file with for each file the class it is, and which other files it uses... (see attachment)

btw, owen, why are xml files not allowed as attachment?
Attachments
objcache.xml.gz
(10.3 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Overlord1191
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Overlord1191 »

Mek wrote:btw, owen, why are xml files not allowed as attachment?
Here, here! I was wondering that myself.
Overlord 1191 aka Brian Wilgus
creator of
Mods: Mars Terrain Set, Starport Style Names
Scenarios: Flordia, Georgia, Asheville, Nashville, Authoritive New England, and the only map from another planet Mars
Overlord1191
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Overlord1191 »

DaaNtje wrote:[WIP}users.tt-forums.net/purno

and so far its only for TTD but I can speak with purno to add a lomo section

as I said, still a WIP (work in progress) everything works, but the menu has to be changed It first were all pictures, and I am changing them to CSS... altho I couldend finish it, tahts why it looks ugly now :D
Sorry DaaNje but it's completely non functional right now. Whatever we start using is going to need user end functionality. Basically a front end where everyone can submit new info.
Overlord 1191 aka Brian Wilgus
creator of
Mods: Mars Terrain Set, Starport Style Names
Scenarios: Flordia, Georgia, Asheville, Nashville, Authoritive New England, and the only map from another planet Mars
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Overlord1191 wrote:Here, here! I was wondering that myself.
They were never needed until now. I'll add it as an allowed extension.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”