JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MicahMouse
Engineer
Engineer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by MicahMouse »

Here are the logs, save and picture
Attachments
crash-20220525T092231Z.png
(478.69 KiB) Not downloaded yet
crash-20220525T092231Z.sav
(17.12 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

MicahMouse wrote: 25 May 2022 09:26 Hello again
My game crashed again after I tried to build roads
(Files below)
It looks like you've loaded a normal save in the scenario editor. This should be fixable, but in general this feature was not designed to be used for already populated games.

Edit: This is fixed now
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
MicahMouse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MicahMouse »

Thank you!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Something I thought may be useful, whilst delicately placing rails around a small town. It could be helpful to, instead of editing the settings to disable town building (via building roads), an option on the local authority settings to disable just that town from building further, either that, or a setting to enable that town to keep growing even if the setting is disabled. I think this may be helpful for people who are rather picky about how big a town can get compared to others, or have had to do some brutal deletions to get a station where they wanted it to be perfect placement for a larger network.
Obviously this setting may be problematic in multiplayer, so would need to be probably a non-displayed/disabled option during multiplayer, to stop any griefing if your opponent is doing too good with a town so you want to stop it growing.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Quinch
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quinch »

I have a question about drive-through depots - I have the option enabled, and it works, but if the back-to-back depots are the only way to the train's destination, I'll get a message that the train is lost until it enters the depot. Is that WAI and if not, can I avoid it somehow?

Also, I assume not, but it can't hurt to ask - is there a way to append a block of existing orders to a vehicle? The functionality seems to exist for programmable signals so... eh, maybe?
MicahMouse
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MicahMouse »

Sorry to bother once again, but is there a reason all the Scheduled Dispatches have changed to 08:18 AM instead of 00:00?
Is there a way to correct all this without doing it manually? I have at least 30 different orders.
How do I upload the save file it's greater than 25mib
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote: 06 Jun 2022 05:13 Something I thought may be useful, whilst delicately placing rails around a small town. It could be helpful to, instead of editing the settings to disable town building (via building roads), an option on the local authority settings to disable just that town from building further, either that, or a setting to enable that town to keep growing even if the setting is disabled. I think this may be helpful for people who are rather picky about how big a town can get compared to others, or have had to do some brutal deletions to get a station where they wanted it to be perfect placement for a larger network.
Obviously this setting may be problematic in multiplayer, so would need to be probably a non-displayed/disabled option during multiplayer, to stop any griefing if your opponent is doing too good with a town so you want to stop it growing.
Being able to override the setting on a per-town basis seems like it'd be useful.
On multiplayer it'd probably only be suitable for cooperative games.
MicahMouse wrote: 08 Jun 2022 03:11 Sorry to bother once again, but is there a reason all the Scheduled Dispatches have changed to 08:18 AM instead of 00:00?
Is there a way to correct all this without doing it manually? I have at least 30 different orders.
How do I upload the save file it's greater than 25mib
You can upload it somewhere else and post a link here.
Did you change your ticks per minute setting? If so you could change it back.
Quinch wrote: 07 Jun 2022 20:28 I have a question about drive-through depots - I have the option enabled, and it works, but if the back-to-back depots are the only way to the train's destination, I'll get a message that the train is lost until it enters the depot. Is that WAI and if not, can I avoid it somehow?

Also, I assume not, but it can't hurt to ask - is there a way to append a block of existing orders to a vehicle? The functionality seems to exist for programmable signals so... eh, maybe?
The pathfinder does not look through depots. Taking short-cuts through depots to get to destinations isn't the intended functionality.
There isn't any order list append functionality at the moment.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

JGR wrote: 09 Jun 2022 01:02 The pathfinder does not look through depots.
Well, actually, it does. it just applies a very steep penalty (i think equivalent to 50 tiles detour in the default settings)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

NewGRF Road Stops Addition to NewGRF Specifications in JGR's Patchpack
Waypoints in Action 0
1. I have a case use for waypoints using structure graphics which may be taller than 8px. I assume that waypoints are bridgeable.
- Can property 13 minimum bridge heights and property 14 disallowed bridge pillars be applied to waypoints?

2. I have a case use for animated waypoints (stop and go)
- This can be done using road stops, but the animations are triggered with cargoes. This also wastes a station ID.
- Can property 10 Road stop animation triggers ...
- - Road vehicle enters stop (starts loading/unloading) tile where the vehicle is
- - Road vehicle leaves stop (done loading/unloading) tile where the vehicle is
- - Road vehicle loads/unloads cargo tile where the vehicle is
... be used with waypoints?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

wallyweb wrote: 09 Jun 2022 13:28 Waypoints in Action 0
1. I have a case use for waypoints using structure graphics which may be taller than 8px. I assume that waypoints are bridgeable.
- Can property 13 minimum bridge heights and property 14 disallowed bridge pillars be applied to waypoints?
For road waypoints you can use these properties: https://jgrennison.github.io/OpenTTD-pa ... dge_height
For rail waypoints you can use these properties: https://jgrennison.github.io/OpenTTD-pa ... dge_height
wallyweb wrote: 09 Jun 2022 13:28 2. I have a case use for animated waypoints (stop and go)
- This can be done using road stops, but the animations are triggered with cargoes. This also wastes a station ID.
- Can property 10 Road stop animation triggers ...
- - Road vehicle enters stop (starts loading/unloading) tile where the vehicle is
- - Road vehicle leaves stop (done loading/unloading) tile where the vehicle is
- - Road vehicle loads/unloads cargo tile where the vehicle is
... be used with waypoints?
Waypoints don't support storing, loading or unloading cargo, or vehicles "arriving" or "leaving" in the sense that vehicles do at stations.
I could add another trigger for starting a timetabled wait if that's what you're trying to do?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Thank you for the replies.
JGR wrote: 09 Jun 2022 22:05 Waypoints don't support storing, loading or unloading cargo, or vehicles "arriving" or "leaving" in the sense that vehicles do at stations.
I could add another trigger for starting a timetabled wait if that's what you're trying to do?
I was thinking of using waypoints as check points where a vehicle pauses long enough for a toll to be paid or documents to be reviewed or a petrol/fuel tank to be filled, a simple stop and go. An interesting animation would be a light changing from red to green or a barrier being raised. Could your trigger suggestion handle the animation as well as the timetabled wait?

If this works, then a related suggestion ... traffic lights at 3 way and 4 way intersections?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

wallyweb wrote: 09 Jun 2022 22:48a simple stop and go.
you can do that with a regular station, using "no unloading and no loading" orders.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Eddi wrote: 09 Jun 2022 22:58
wallyweb wrote: 09 Jun 2022 22:48a simple stop and go.
you can do that with a regular station, using "no unloading and no loading" orders.
True, but does the vehicle pause or does it simply ignore the station?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

it stops to speed 0, pauses for a duration if you have timetabled it, and starts up again.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Eddi wrote: 09 Jun 2022 23:10 it stops to speed 0, pauses for a duration if you have timetabled it, and starts up again.
That would work, provided the player was careful when setting up the orders if the station was near a cargo source. With a waypoint a player would need only to point the vehicle to the waypoint.
Quinch
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quinch »

JGR wrote: 09 Jun 2022 01:02
Quinch wrote: 07 Jun 2022 20:28 I have a question about drive-through depots - I have the option enabled, and it works, but if the back-to-back depots are the only way to the train's destination, I'll get a message that the train is lost until it enters the depot. Is that WAI and if not, can I avoid it somehow?

The pathfinder does not look through depots. Taking short-cuts through depots to get to destinations isn't the intended functionality.
There isn't any order list append functionality at the moment.
Ah, too bad. I do have a feature request, if that would be possible - a comment-type conditional order. Something that automatically fails and continues onto the next order, but accepts a text field. It would be very useful when managing long, complex order lists.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

JGR wrote: 09 Jun 2022 01:02 Being able to override the setting on a per-town basis seems like it'd be useful.
On multiplayer it'd probably only be suitable for cooperative games.
Quite! I generally play with road building disabled so i towns don't eventually engulf each other. But sometimes I set up a new route, and it'd be nice to select and grow just these towns to the appropriate size.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

wallyweb wrote: 09 Jun 2022 23:33
Eddi wrote: 09 Jun 2022 23:10 it stops to speed 0, pauses for a duration if you have timetabled it, and starts up again.
That would work, provided the player was careful when setting up the orders if the station was near a cargo source. With a waypoint a player would need only to point the vehicle to the waypoint.
This would make waypoints much useful. :)
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Hi,

I have come across a problem with signal routing restrictions. Screenshot attached.
Attachments
McAlpine & Co., 2095-12-26.png
(273.09 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

dol422 wrote: 11 Jun 2022 10:45 Hi,

I have come across a problem with signal routing restrictions. Screenshot attached.
The routefinding restriction on the left does not make sense. The one on the right does, so you could just model it on that.

Your "if train is entering from front of signal" block is inside an "if train is entering from back of signal" block, and it's not possible for these to both be true simultaneously.
You can also get rid of the last visited station check.

Code: Select all

if front of signal
  if current order...
    acquire slot...
  end if
else
  release slot...
end if
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”