[OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots [Updated: 6 March]

Post by Chrill »

Well, I simply put the sea level to high and that takes care of most of it. Make sure you have a lot of mountains, however. (Terrain Type "Hilly" at the least).
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots [Updated: 13 June]

Post by Chrill »

I welcome you all to Pruntfield Transport. The year is 1908 and, since its inauguration in 1900, Pruntfield Transport have established themselves as the leading railroad company in the region. A showcase of their progress will follow here!

Roadmap of 1908:

The small town of Grondborough in the year 1900. This was only the second train purchased by Pruntfield Transport and it operates daily between Pruntfield itself and this village. The mainline can be seen passing by it:
PT_1.png
PT_1.png (193.19 KiB) Viewed 25424 times
The aforementioned mainline reached from Pruntfield to Sundham at its first stage. This picture is taken in 1908 where Pruntfield had seen some redevelopment of the station to add a second platform. A steam train from Pruntfield can be seen arriving at the new platform:
PT_2.png
PT_2.png (306.27 KiB) Viewed 25424 times
The reason for expanding Sundham into two platforms can be seen here. The town of Plintborough sees regular service both to Pruntfield and to Sundham. The Plintborough-Sundham service is handled by a very unique locomotive run with electric power from overhead wires. This train can be seen in this picture:
PT_3.png
PT_3.png (223.99 KiB) Viewed 25424 times
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots [Updated: 13 June]

Post by Chrill »

Across the water, west of Plintborough and Sundham, a new mainline soon appeared. It's main station was Trendinghall which saw several trains arrive and depart every day. Trendinghall quickly became the center of profit for Pruntfield Transport thanks to the many trains heading for many destinations:
PT_4.png
PT_4.png (441.79 KiB) Viewed 25421 times
Among those destinations, Brenningpool was the smallest. Not only was Brenningpool small, it was also located fairly far away from Trendinghall. In the end, however, the decision was made to build this railway since it could connect to Pruntfield by constructing a bridge across the river. In this picture, the bridge was nothing but a plan:
PT_5.png
PT_5.png (215.67 KiB) Viewed 25421 times
On the other end of the mainline from Trendinghall, this pecular peninsula is located. The two towns both received frequent service, with a small locomotive running back and forth between the two towns for local service. This extension proved very successful and ended up financing the bridge at Brenningpool that provided connection between Trendinghall and Pruntfield:
PT_6.png
Any specific areas you wish to see more of? Let me know and I will see what I can do. Refer to the routemap in the post above
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots

Post by Chrill »

This is a totally non-sensical post but I decided to play some Toyland... I won't even bother trying to build a decent backstory to these pictures, so just sit back and... enjoy...

Picture 1:
Sarnington Sweet Factory is the biggest and most productive sweets factory in all of the lands, even Charlie in his Chocolate Factory fails to rival the output in Sarnington. We see trucks and trains helping to serve this massive land of magic and wonder. In the year 2019 alone, Sarnington helped make more than five million kids happy with their sweet bags!
Prefingpool Bridge Transport, 2019-06-21.png
(238.44 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Picture 2:
Merely hours east of Sarnington, another factory is located. This one is specialized in making the famous brand of OpenGFX Cola! In case you didn't know, OpenGFX Cola is sponsoring the 2012 Summer ChocOlympics in Lurndon!! Note the ship hauling natural Cola from some Cola Wells far far away. The ship is powered by the joy and cheerfulness of its own crew!
Prefingpool Bridge Transport, 2019-10-17.png
(159 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Picture 3:
That same ship can here be seen using the MADHOUSE: "Magnificent Aqueduct of Dreams and Happiness Overflowing with Utter Sweetness and Energy" to cross the monorail service from aforementioned Sarnington to the lovely town of Gretbourne. Citizens of Gretbourne have appealed to the city council, asking for a renaming to Sweetville. The name was turned down, however, because over 20% of all towns in all of the lands are named just that!
Prefingpool Bridge Transport, 2019-11-14.png
(204.13 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
..Enjoy
My Scenarios:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote:The ship is powered by the joy and cheerfulness of its own crew!
So, do they spend there time making a song and dance on the Vessel? :lol:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

A321Pilot wrote:
Chrill wrote:The ship is powered by the joy and cheerfulness of its own crew!
So, do they spend there time making a song and dance on the Vessel? :lol:
Oh yes, picture the scenes from the working class deck of the Titanic film, singing and dancing and all. That is the mood on our ships every day! Of course, they never sink though.
My Scenarios:
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

I feel like this belongs here.

Red being Chrill, Blue being JameiLei, Orane being extspotter.

Note the hypocrisy implied by Trowbridge SUPERMAN Airport being full of Chrill's planes :p
Attachments
fun.png
Fierce competition
(266.86 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

So, I went to Africa. You know, the old scenario that was once included in OpenTTD? I found a small village in southern Namibia called Keetmanshoop. I decided to develop it some.

With it's 33,000 inhabitants, Keetmanshoop is by a small margin the largest city in the whole of Africa. Coming close are Cape Town (32,000) and Johannesburg (27,000) but they are not quite there.
Attachments
Africa United Inc., 1983-05-08.png
(1.44 MiB) Downloaded 13 times
My Scenarios:
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Chrill wrote:So, I went to Africa. You know, the old scenario that was once included in OpenTTD? I found a small village in southern Namibia called Keetmanshoop. I decided to develop it some.

With it's 33,000 inhabitants, Keetmanshoop is by a small margin the largest city in the whole of Africa. Coming close are Cape Town (32,000) and Johannesburg (27,000) but they are not quite there.
Beautiful screenshot. Realistically built :)) .
It was very interesting to read. Still spit it out screenshots and descriptions for them :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Looks so good you can almost feel the heat and dirt.
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

I don't mean to be a noob but in pic Ha24 (http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file. ... &mode=view) what is that station? It looks awesome!
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TinyMusic »

doxlulzem wrote:I don't mean to be a noob but in pic Ha24 (http://www.tt-forums.net/download/file. ... &mode=view) what is that station? It looks awesome!
Canadian Stations NewGRF - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=22947
The name of the station is Gare Centrale or something
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
doxlulzem
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by doxlulzem »

Okay! Thanks!
IJN Takao is life. Why did the Shinano get converted? Gotta love NeuroTec for Garry's Mod. I even have a server!
How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real? - Jaden Smith 2014
Chrill

Re: [OTTD] Chrill's Screenshots [Updated: 11 April]

Post by Chrill »

[link]
Chrill wrote:Man, I'm down to page 3 of Screenshots... Here's a new one, really big screenshot displaying 4 stages of the city Barnwell from 1883 to 1983. Comment and visit the Savegames topic for the Barnwell Transport game :) Apologies for the .jpg, wanted to make the file size as small as possible
This old post featured a city, Barnwell, from 1883 to 1983. Here's the same area in 2011. How about this for a busy metropolitan region? (I had to hide trees to make the photo size small enough to post it to the forums - 10 MB limit)
Attachments
Barnwell Transport, 1st Jan 2011#5.png
(8.95 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
My Scenarios:
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

What building files are you using for Barnwell?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I think most of it is TTRS, but could be some SweHouses and regular OpenGFX in there. Perhaps something more too.
My Scenarios:
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Chrill wrote:I think most of it is TTRS, but could be some SweHouses and regular OpenGFX in there. Perhaps something more too.
So "Total Town Replacement" does not in fact wipe out everything else?
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Baldy's Boss wrote:
Chrill wrote:I think most of it is TTRS, but could be some SweHouses and regular OpenGFX in there. Perhaps something more too.
So "Total Town Replacement" does not in fact wipe out everything else?
You can set TTRS so that it allows for buildings from other GRFs to be used with it, or you can use it as a total replacement.
Phreeze
Director
Director

Post by Phreeze »

don't forget to put a 6000th post posting in the thread ;) 4 to go
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Finally some new screens. I'm at work and I have nothing to do. What should I do? Play OpenTTD of course.

Routemap of 1940:

The transportation company of Rinthill Eastern (RER) started in 1930, running two trains between the towns of Rinthill and Keningville. These trains only just secured a profit and a decision was made to incorporate coal trains into the layout. 10 years later, the company is blossoming. Passenger trains service most of the region, coal trains have been complemented with iron ore and steel trains. Below is a showcase of the status in 1940.

---

Where else to start? Here is the capital city of the region, Rinthill itself. The larger station, Rinthill Euclid, is where the first trains departed 10 years ago. From here, the tracks to the east take you to Keningville and all the way to Grindham out in the Eastern parts of the region. Rinthill itself is also served by a Northern terminus, Rinthill Charles Cross, with a suburban service to Wedingtown. The city has a bus ring line as well as a tram line connecting the two stations. Southbound, trains climb the hill to the town of Plonnwell.
Rinthill_1.png
(720.39 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Just east of Rinthill, this mess presents itself. With several lines having to merge and split at once, as well as a coal mine right in the middle, this junction is the most complex area of the network. The design is courtesy of constant additions rather than being planned from the start. These tracks handle both passengers and cargo.
Rinthill_2.png
(570.33 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Further down the tracks, we get to Keningville. The train station used to be a terminus but has since been expanded to the east. We also see the steel mill in this photo. To the right, the Class A4 RER 1816 Long John is seen heading from Grindham to Rinthill. The train can reach 115 mph on its descent from the mountainous region. It's sister train, Class A4 RER 1815 Great Scott, is just entering the tunnel west of the steel mill.
Rinthill_3.png
(748.52 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
Rinthill Charles Cross heads to Wadingworth Falls and later to Wedington, as seen below. On it's way to Wadingworth Falls, the suburban service passes by a factory handling several hundred tonnes of steel monthly. That cargo station is the most recent development in a project to provide goods services to cities in the region.
Rinthill_4.png
(2.68 MiB) Downloaded 1 time
My Scenarios:

Return to “Screenshots”