Emperor Jake's GRF Empire

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Emperor Jake's GRF Empire

Post by Emperor Jake »

This is a release thread where I will release all of my current NewGRF projects.

Old Junk thread here: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=59462

--more fancy stuff coming soon--

So since many of us are stuck at home playing more openttd lately, I thought I'd release some of my half-finished and experimental GRF projects for you to enjoy. I've been sitting on some of these for a while, waiting for that burst of motivation which may or may not come eventually. Some of these are used in private games and have very niche applications but I'm sure some of you will find them fun and useful.

Bear in mind these aren't as polished as my fully released GRFs and they don't come with any warranty. Also they won't be posted to Bananas. :twisted:

All projects are GPLv2+ unless otherwise specified.
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 21 Aug 2020 12:41, edited 3 times in total.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Jake's Side Projects

Post by Emperor Jake »

Hong Kong Transport Set

Current status: On hold, but may be worked on again in the future. I at least want to finish the rail stuff going back to 1910, and maybe eventually include buses, trams and even ferries.

Description: Contains a selection of passenger trains used on the Kowloon-Canton railway in Hong Kong from 1954 to present - from the KCR's first diesel locomotives to the new Chinese high speed trains. Featuring proper reversing! No freight stuff yet so best used as a supplement to other train sets.

Credits: Code by me, graphics adapted from 2cc trainset by me, Voyager One, Purno and Simozzz
hkts.PNG
hkts.PNG (12.09 KiB) Viewed 21979 times
Attachments
hkts.grf
GRF version alpha 0.1
(137.1 KiB) Downloaded 545 times
hkts.zip
source code (may not match alpha 0.1)
(770.16 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 07 Apr 2020 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Italian Three-phase Railway set

I've posted a taster of this before, but I updated it a few years ago and never got round to finishing or releasing it.

Current status: Mostly abandoned. May be merged into the Italian railway set, but that seems to be abandoned too.

Description:
Contains a three-phase railtype with custom overhead wires, and a selection of locomotives from about 1901-1950 (they even feature animated rods!). No wagons so needs to be supplemented by another GRF (I recommend 2cc set or Swiss trains)

Includes parameters for real liveries, a custom trackbed from NuTracks to improve looks, and an option to change the default electric rail pylons to match the three-phase ones (the colour is different to prevent confusion)

Credits: Code by me. Poles and wires by me. Vehicles by me and Voyager One. Depot by Irwe. Rails by oberhumer, Purno, Transportman
trifase.PNG
trifase.PNG (74.75 KiB) Viewed 21968 times
Attachments
trifase_0.2.0.grf
GRF version 0.2.0
(86.33 KiB) Downloaded 344 times
Trifase_0.2.0-src.zip
source
(140.03 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 07 Apr 2020 06:48, edited 1 time in total.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Jake's Bridge Improver

Current status: Experimental, complete

Description: A simple addon for the venerable Total Bridge Renewal Set. Based on the Vactrain Set Companion which raised speed limits of modern bridges, I took it a step further and eased some annoying limitations on certain TBRS bridges. After all, why shouldn't you be able to build a 900km/h concrete viaduct in 1950?

Many bridges have increased speed limits, longer length limits, and earlier intro dates. Costs are unchanged.

Must be placed below TBRS in the GRF list to work! Compatible with any version of TBRS.

Credits: Code by me. Not much else here
tbrsi.PNG
tbrsi.PNG (74.78 KiB) Viewed 21963 times
Attachments
bridge_improver.nfo
(1.71 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
bridge_improver.grf
(400 Bytes) Downloaded 461 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

JapanSet Tracks Extension

Current status: Experimental, unpolished, may be buggy

Description: An addon to Japan Set Tracks, designed to facilitate compatibility of the Japanese trains with other train sets. It does a few things:
  • Makes Shinkansen track compatible with standard gauge, so non Shinkansen high speed trains can use the high speed track (but has the side effect of non-mini Shinkansens being able to go on low speed track)
  • Adds a low speed unelectrified standard gauge track (behind a parameter)
  • Adds Dual gauge railtypes, both electrified and unelectrified, to allow running both gauges on the same track (has a side effect that can be exploited - only the engine has to match the track gauge, narrow and standard gauge wagons can be mixed freely, but I see it as legitimate re-gauging :P )
  • Not just limited to Japanese trains, works with any narrow gauge trainset
Must be placed below Japan Set 3 Tracks, which must be in Japanese/full selection mode! GRF will not work correctly otherwise! For best results, use finescale mode.

Credits:
Code by me, graphics adapted from Japan Set Tracks drawn by Dandan, Sanchimaru, Onodera
dualgauge.PNG
dualgauge.PNG (78.55 KiB) Viewed 21954 times
Attachments
japcompatibility.zip
source code
(552.14 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
japcompat_2.grf
GRF version 0.2
(49.73 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Last edited by Emperor Jake on 07 Apr 2020 07:12, edited 3 times in total.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Japanese Secret Engines

Current status: Updated sporadically

Description: Yet another unofficial addon to the Japan Set. Designed for use on private Japanese multiplayer games. A collection of Japanese vehicles using old, unused graphics from old versions of the Japanese Train Set. Contains such cool things as:
  • Brings back the old container wagons with tanktainers. They were removed from JapanSet 3 when they were redrawn. Also auto-refittable to more FIRS cargos.
  • Engines have livery refits where available (something that's missing from most original Japan Set engines, may be rectified eventually)
  • More freight wagons to supplement those where the Japan Set ones say they have autorefit enabled, but don't actually
  • Japanese Roadrailer (Dual Mode Transport)
Credits: All vehicles drawn by the JapanSet team, except Deki 400 by Voyager One and WA 100 DMT by Emperor Jake
japsecret.PNG
japsecret.PNG (14.73 KiB) Viewed 21951 times
Attachments
japsecretengines.zip
source code
(682.44 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
japsecret_5.grf
GRF version 0.4
(374.88 KiB) Downloaded 369 times
andres1555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by andres1555 »

Hi Jake...

Could you be so kind to make an alternative version of "Jake's Bridge Improver"? With all limits above 1000km/h.
My problem is that I love Trasrapid Track Set, but with it I can´t use other bridge grfs (they don´t crash but they look ugly).
I´d like to use any bridge type on any ocasion.

Thank you very much!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

andres1555 wrote: 08 Apr 2020 18:25 Hi Jake...

Could you be so kind to make an alternative version of "Jake's Bridge Improver"? With all limits above 1000km/h.
My problem is that I love Trasrapid Track Set, but with it I can´t use other bridge grfs (they don´t crash but they look ugly).
I´d like to use any bridge type on any ocasion.

Thank you very much!
Here you go: Jake's Improved Bridge Improver
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

I can go one better:

Presenting Unlimited Bridges: a GRF which removes all speed, year and length limitations for all bridges. Can be loaded after any bridge NewGRF. Side effects may include graphical glitches where bridges were designed with specific lengths in mind.

There are 2 versions: a 13 ID version for standard OpenTTD, and a 16 ID version for JGR Patchpack and other patched versions that can use 16 bridge IDs.

Enjoy :twisted: (I might put this one on Bananas)
Attachments
unlimited_bridges_src.zip
Source for both
(1.89 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
unlimited_bridges_13.grf
For standard OTTD
(750 Bytes) Downloaded 307 times
unlimited_bridges_16.grf
For patched OTTD
(880 Bytes) Downloaded 340 times
LaRoso
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaRoso »

Emperor Jake wrote: 16 Apr 2020 12:54 Presenting Unlimited Bridges: a GRF which removes all speed, year and length limitations for all bridges.
I like this bit of anarchy :twisted:. Thanks for creating it. I will definitely use it. :D
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Emperor Jake wrote: 16 Apr 2020 12:54 Presenting Unlimited Bridges: a GRF which removes all speed, year and length limitations for all bridges.
Could I challenge you go to one further before you go to Bananas? Maybe code for properties for players to set the limits on each?
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

kamnet wrote: 17 Apr 2020 14:16 Could I challenge you go to one further before you go to Bananas? Maybe code for properties for players to set the limits on each?
Unfortunately I have no idea how to do parameters in NFO :P
bassem.90
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bassem.90 »

Hello nice models indeed ❤ are you planning to add planes models ? Thank you :)
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

bassem.90 wrote: 19 Apr 2020 04:21 Hello nice models indeed ❤ are you planning to add planes models ? Thank you :)
No plans for any aircraft at the moment. If you want something that matches the Hong Kong set, there are Cathay Pacific liveries in WAS :wink:
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

BOBB - Best Of Both Bridges

Current status: experimental but fully functional. May be tweaked and updated

Credits: Graphics by GarryG, Code by Wallyweb, Quast65 and Andrew350, modified by myself.

Description: Yet another bridge addon. This is a fork of GarryG's Auzbridges, but with several bridges removed and some IDs changed so that it can be loaded alongside Total Bridges and other sets in order to get a combination of bridges from both sets.

Can be combined with multiple other bridge GRFs such as Jake's Bridge Improver and Wallyweb's Bridge Set etc, just be aware of the load order and which IDs will be overwritten. Here is an example:
bobbgrf.png
bobbgrf.png (4.49 KiB) Viewed 20448 times

Also includes an invisible road bridge specifically for use with NRT suspended monorails (susmon-ratt)

Note: requires JGR Patchpack due to the use of 16 bridge IDs! If there is demand I can make a 13 ID version that can work with unpatched OpenTTD.
Attachments
bobb.PNG
bobb.PNG (444.33 KiB) Viewed 9302 times
bobb.zip
contains source and GRF
(709.29 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Japanese Secret Engines 0.5

Current status: Actively being worked on, another update coming soon

Credits: Many vehicles drawn by the JapanSet Team. Various repaints by Emperor Jake and Doorslammer. Additional graphics by Emperor Jake, Doorslammer, Voyager One, ATEU2 and the JapanSet Team. Code by me with help from Tintinfan

Description: The new Secret Engines uses overrides to improve the JapanSet in various ways. Not compatible with the old version due to changed IDs! Load after the JapanSet Trains to work correctly!
  • Overwrites many locomotives to have proper livery refits instead of random or auto-updating graphics.
  • Many new liveries for several locomotives, some graphics tweaked, and quite a few new locomotives too
  • Fixes refit bugs in JapanSet freight wagons. (lack of autorefit, capacity of autoracks, box vans are more versatile)
  • Other wagons are still the same as the old version above
Locos included (more will come soon)
japsecret2.PNG
japsecret2.PNG (13.36 KiB) Viewed 20435 times
Some livery refits: (bonus feature: some are available in CC/2CC)
jserefits.png
jserefits.png (16.65 KiB) Viewed 20435 times
Attachments
japsecretengines.zip
contains source and GRF
(684.1 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Emperor Jake's GRF Empire

Post by Emperor Jake »

XIS Extreme Industry Set 0.6.0

--Please direct all feedback to the development thread!--

Current status: Updated irregularly. Now available on Bananas!
Source code and downloads are available on the development thread.

Credits: Economy designed by Emperor Jake, additional graphics by Emperor Jake, GarryG and Toni Babelony; all other code and graphics thanks to andythenorth and the rest of the FIRS team.

Description:
A fork of FIRS 3, with a new mega-economy that combines Extreme and Steeltown with parts of all the other economies. If you like FIRS Extreme and want ever more, this set is for you.
  • New industry options such as supply depots, petrochemical cracking plants and synthetic polymer plants
  • New raw materials such as Oil Sands and Lithium
  • Fully self-contained, no reliance on magic imports or exports
Attachments
xis2.PNG
(1.16 MiB) Not downloaded yet
chinaguy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chinaguy »

Emperor Jake wrote: 07 Apr 2020 04:24 Hong Kong Transport Set

Current status: On hold, but may be worked on again in the future. I at least want to finish the rail stuff going back to 1910, and maybe eventually include buses, trams and even ferries.

Description: Contains a selection of passenger trains used on the Kowloon-Canton railway in Hong Kong from 1954 to present - from the KCR's first diesel locomotives to the new Chinese high speed trains. Featuring proper reversing! No freight stuff yet so best used as a supplement to other train sets.

Credits: Code by me, graphics adapted from 2cc trainset by me, Voyager One, Purno and Simozzz
hkts.PNG

I really like this project! I had a question. Is there a way to reduce dwell times with this set? I would like to have the trains load and unload faster. How might I go about modifying this GRF to make that possible? I know the 2CC set has that feature.
Attachments
loadingspeed.PNG
loadingspeed.PNG (1.58 KiB) Viewed 15231 times
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

You might want to avoid using "jap" as an abbreviation for "Japanese", it's a pretty nasty racial slur.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

FYI:
JPN is the official three letter country abbreviation.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.

Return to “Graphics Releases”