2CC Trams 0.9c & 2CC Cargo Trams v0.8r

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Alkel U3
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [OTTD] 2CC|Trams - Nightly Betas Now Released

Post by Alkel U3 »

I have some observations I'd like to share, even if it's just some names not exactly right. Sorry if this is unwanted nitpicking, I didn't find the set's guidelines concerning how accurate it wants to be :)

The Tatra T2 wasn't actually put to service in Prague (only 2 prototypes) - that would be best changed to either Ostrava or Brno. Prague got plenty of Tatra T1 trams before T2s were made, before the reign of Tatra T3 - which I'm a little surprised isn't based on the Prague model, since that's where they were used first and in largest numbers (after Moscow T3SU) - and this particular export model T3YU didn't exist before 1967.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Alkel U3 wrote:Sorry if this is unwanted nitpicking
Not a problem.

The thing about these choices is that I've tried to fill all timeframe periods and that meant to intentionally choose some "weirder" models at some times that also bring in different countries. The simplest thing would be to use a standard "first-intro" model but that would mean that all Tatra's (e.g.) would be placed under Czech Republic or Slovakia only. This way, they're spread a but more over the world. Same applies to other trams too like Combino, TW 6000, KTMs... I only wanted more variety between countries.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Hello!

I started playing a game a while back at work, and I ended up acquiring a version of 2cc trams. Now that I am looking to continue the same game at home, I just can't find the right version of 2cc trams. It simply claims it is a missing grf and when I start the game, the trams have turned into two trucks travelling at 0 km/h.

If I use the button "Search external websites" in OpenTTD, it opens GRFCrawler and searches for the following ID: 5343F210,FBFB0010

Is that helpful in finding what version of 2cc trams I had running in the game? I have tried to download 2cc trams but I fail to find the right one. I have downloaded a beta called v5762 and also the one linked in this topic.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Lauscher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lauscher »

I think this is very simple to prepare, then from 2000 are no longer trams here! I stay in the execution of 32bpp
As you can see something, here the difference between 32bpp and 2cc Trams !!!
Attachments
Trams.png
(308.81 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Lauscher wrote:the difference between 32bpp and 2cc Trams
Oooookaay... And with that?

To anticipate a possible question: I am not interested in doing anything with 32bpp graphics but anyone wishing to do something, please do.
---

@ Chrill - Sorry mate, I've seen your post only now. Try finding the correct version here.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Lauscher
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lauscher »

Es ist mit klar das du nicht daran Interessiert bist an 32bpp ! Nur ein Spiel muß sich weiter Entwickeln. und dann nutzt es mir nichts §0 Trams in 8 Bitt zu machen und mir meine Augen zu verderben !

It is clear to me that you are not interested because of 32bpp! Only one game has continued to develop. and then uses it to make me nothing §0 trams in 8 Bitt and me to crush my eyes!
Look again at the picture with the trams. From 2000, appear no more trams.
no more than residue OK
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

What are you talking about? There are 21 trams after year 2000, all the way up to year 2018...
Leon

Image Image Image Image
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If there are no more 32bpp tram models available after 2000, then that is caused by whatever 32bpp NewGRF tram set you loaded.
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

@Lauscher
First off, you're referring to extra zoom graphics here, as opposed to standard zoom graphics. The increased number of colors is more of a coincidence here, as the maximum utility of this platform tends to be used by people making 32bpp sets from ground up. Second, why do you attack other people for using a typical NewGRF standard that the majority of people still use? Sure, it may be obsolete from that point of view, but it's comprehensive, gameplay-focused and still a vast improvement over the status quo from before this set. Finally, I don't think anyone holds you back from making a "better set" yourself - except yourself, perhaps?
red0011
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by red0011 »

:bow: LOVE IT! thank :D Fav tram set! Any possibilities of a buses set?
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

Really? Is this a serious question?!? Hahahahahaha!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=71880

Unfortunately, 2CC trucks are still on hold for now, I just can't find enough time to get onto them... :(
Leon

Image Image Image Image
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

No more room... :mrgreen:
Leon

Image Image Image Image
c933103
Engineer
Engineer

Post by c933103 »

1. According to http://topick.hket.com/article/670443/% ... 8%AF......, Hong Kong Tramway said their double decked tram can go up to 45km/h.
2. Suggestion: Add cars from Hong Kong Light Rail and Macau Light Rail, like the Kawasaki LRV (HK) and the Mitsubishi Ocean Cruiser
3.Probably nice to add some trams from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_tran ... sney_Parks for toyland scenario?
4. I believe Mecca Metro is not in the scope of this project, right?
5. And is BRT within the scope of this project?
6. How about Pyongyang trolleybuses?
7. If more cargo trams are intended then looking into Tokyo tram history might be a good idea?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

This set is focused on tram networks, so light rail trains, metro trains and buses are not considered.
c933103
Engineer
Engineer

Post by c933103 »

but what's a tram and what's a light rail? For instance https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trams_in_Asia also listed Hong Kong Light Rail as a tram system.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

And Sydney's system is more of a light rail, yet it's included. Trolleybuses should probably be a separate set or an extension of the bus set, and metros are already in the 2cc trainset. Although some systems do blur the lines between metro and tram, so I've considered making a "2cc metros as trams" set before.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

c933103 wrote:but what's a tram and what's a light rail?
That is an excellent question, and in development of this set it's one we had to struggle with at time when it comes to systems developed in the last twenty years, because the definitions have started to blur and overlap. What we decided was mostly what equipment it operated, and the manner in which the line was operated.

In the case of Sydney's system, while it is called light rail, it operates with tram equipment, starting with the Variotram and then upgrading to CAF's Urbos 2 and Urbos 3 equipment. It operates both like a tram network and a light rail network. So we leaned on the tram side of things.

Looking at the Hong Kong Light Rail system, it's very clear in both past and current operation that it operates as a railway and not a tram network. With that said, the vehicles that it uses don't appear to be much different from some of the single car trams currently offered by Bombardier and a few other, but it could possibly be argued that they are also more like railbuses. I probably wouldn't object to including it, but it would probably be really fudging it.
Emperor Jake wrote:Trolleybuses should probably be a separate set or an extension of the bus set, and metros are already in the 2cc trainset. Although some systems do blur the lines between metro and tram, so I've considered making a "2cc metros as trams" set before.
The Macau Light Rapid Transit is very clearly not a tram, but a rubber tire Automatic People Mover which uses a raised concrete beam to guide the vehicle. I think an APM set as trams would also be neat, and I've looked at a lot of them personally while researching a potential monorail set, but they don't fit into 2CC Trams. You would likely want not only a separate set, but new track type as well.

There is already a trolleybus set, but certainly more wouldn't hurt, just not in this set. Since trolleybuses also run on tires over open road, you'd want matching infrastructure. The one existing trolleybus set does that. Might also be interesting for another set to look at Kerb-Guided Buses (KGB).

And I'd also love to see a 2CC Metro Tram set, as I think for a lot of light rail and metro networks putting them in as trams would be more reflective of how some of those networks operate in tightly packed urban areas. Throwing them into 2CC Trams would just be overwhelming, though.

The main thing to keep in mind with 2CC Trams is that as of right now we have trams starting from as far back as the 1870s to as far forward as 2018 based on trams and networks that are currently being developed. The models we include are spaced, at most, only 3 or 4 years apart and are spread over the globe through the areas that have used them the most. It's a lot, and there's a lot of trams we didn't include that I, personally, wished we did but didn't because it was just entirely too much. We've not closed off the idea of adding more, but adding more must add some value to the set. So, for those reasons what we will consider are trams that are broadly in service in under-represented areas, and trams that are unique and useful to a particular time period.

To that end, I'd most certainly be interested in seeing more cargo trams from more areas. If you have information on these Japanese services, please link them. I'd also be interested in seeing a few more trams added that represent Japan, the broader Asian region, South America and Africa. I'd say we're pretty well booked up with anything from North America, UK, Russia, Europe and Australia.

With that said... I'm not the one who draws them, so ultimately it's up to Voyager One what gets done. ;)
ucs
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ucs »

Hey everyone,

I'm really enjoying all the choices in this set (especially the ability to refit to other cargos).

One issue I've noticed is that there are a lot of trams which don't have their properties displayed correctly in the purchase menu. They're missing the running cost, weight, power, and tractive effort. You can see what I mean in the attached picture. Oddly enough, it looks like only single car trams are affected; all the articulated trams have their properties displayed correctly. All the properties are present after you purchase the vehicle, but having the purchase menu show a lot of vehicles with zero running cost makes it somewhat difficult to choose a good vehicle for a given route.

I've downloaded the source and tried to look into the issue, but I can't find a way to fix it. I've tried to copy the structure of an articulated vehicle into a single-car tram, but this didn't help at all. I've tried overriding the properties with the associated "purchase_..." callback, but for some reason I can't add the tractive effort callback into the graphics block. removing the "cargo_capacity" callback in the graphics block lets the purchase menu display properly, but I'm guessing this would make the vehicle have the same capacity whether transporting passengers or goods, which probably isn't the intended behavior.

Any ideas on why this issue is showing up, and how to fix it?
Attachments
Chindham Transport, Feb 2nd, 2100.png
Vehicles are sorted by running cost
(732.77 KiB) Not downloaded yet
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

It is because the set is still considered a nightly beta and it is not yet complete. When FooBar returns from his work sabbatical he will finish the set.

Return to “Graphics Development”