Christmas time!

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Christmas time!

Post by orudge »

It's that time of year again - time for the Christmas theme! If you've got your profile set to the standard Transport Tycoon Forums theme, then you should see our nice winter theme now. You may need to press CTRL-F5 (or equivalent in your browser) to force the graphics to refresh, though.

If you don't want to use the Christmas theme, you can change the theme in your User Control Panel to the "Transport Tycoon (temperate)" theme. This is available year-round.

Enjoy the theme! :)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Christmas time!

Post by Redirect Left »

Time to switch to temperate. Shame it doesn't change the awful smilies back to their non-christmas counterparts.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Not feeling festive, eh? ;)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

orudge wrote:Not feeling festive, eh? ;)
I never do ;)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
skippern
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by skippern »

For a long time I found X-mas to be offensive, abusive, suppressive, frustrative and much more. It wasn't easy to put on a mask with a happy smile when you really wanted to hide under a rock, disappear for a week or two only to emerge when all had blown through.

I am not that negative anymore, but I still doesn't get the x-mas feeling I get bombarded with from media in these days, but I am passing this tradition over to my kids. At least if I can make them happy this time of year when everybody is supposed to be happy, than that fills me with some sort of satisfaction that makes a little sense in this senseless ritual created to suppress competing religions in order for christianity to take control over the heathen world.
Skippern
OpenTTD Mac user
Hans Kruzer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hans Kruzer »

With Santy Claus's hat on all the smileys, its wonderful :D , and then there's the Grinch :mrgreen:

Although the snow background is annoyingly white :lol:
Tschüß!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ah the good old Chrismas theme. I love it. Merry Christmas everyone :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Purno wrote:Ah the good old Chrismas theme. I love it. Merry Christmas everyone :mrgreen:
I agree, bring on the Christmas spirit etc :D
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

The quote button doesn't have snow on it :(
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Feel free to create a snowy Edit and Quote button and I'll update them. :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

orudge wrote:Feel free to create a snowy Edit and Quote button and I'll update them. :)
Attachments
snow_quote.png
snow_quote.png (518 Bytes) Viewed 6830 times
snow_online.png
snow_online.png (464 Bytes) Viewed 6830 times
snow_offline.png
snow_offline.png (486 Bytes) Viewed 6830 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Silly attachment limit
Attachments
snow_report.png
snow_report.png (221 Bytes) Viewed 6830 times
snow_edit.png
snow_edit.png (512 Bytes) Viewed 6830 times
snow_emoticons.png
snow_emoticons.png (2.74 KiB) Viewed 6819 times
Image Image
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

poor rankgrfx with no snow :p
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thanks, Purno, very nice! I'll try to get those uploaded as soon as I can, might be tomorrow night before I can though.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Trond wrote:poor rankgrfx with no snow :p
Let me fix that for you.

Attachments
snow_rankbars.zip
(13.86 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Image Image
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I like the touch of green added as well Purno.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Trond
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Trond »

Thats lovely Purno Image
..: Trond :.. because you deserve it! Image

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves,
and wiser people so full of doubts.
Bertrand Russell

MyGRFs: Norwegian Funny Town Names 4 | LOTR & WoW Town Names 2 | Islandic Town Names 1 | Random Norwegian Town Names
Favorites: GRFCrawler | ISR | WIKI | Now Playing: OpenTTD 1.3.2 w/YAPP 3.0-RC3.9ish
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

roboboy wrote:I like the touch of green added as well Purno.
Thank you.

Someone else will need to make the hatted :bow: -emoticon animated though.
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The index needs some snowy spirit too.

Attachments
snow_forum.zip
(7.23 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Image Image

Return to “News”