Locomotion Screenshots and Videos (No off-topic posting)

The "spiritual sequel" to Transport Tycoon Deluxe: Chris Sawyer's Locomotion is the latest game from him - general discussion about it here please!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

alistairgrew wrote:Some pictures from teccuk Calhadras Coal scenerio
wow, cool i just logged in to post my shots of the same scenerio. looks like you had some fun. those boats look like chaos! i did not think to use double decker stations..

I used this map to beta test my coal cars and US locos.

Money was no problem in this scenerio. there was enough cash to tunnel under the whole map and come out the other side, but, that defeated the pourpose of the map in my mind. . my goal was to have 4 railroads and try and keep the route prototypical as possible.

click thumbnails for full size images
i started off with ICG for the shortline to the closest coal mine. It started as a terminal station. I had to upgrade it to a ro-ro to keep up with the coal. a bit sloppy, but, it gets the job done.

Next, I built the ATSF line. started with my station. (destroying 1/4 of Cloppenstadt)

Ran a bridge over the river and around the mountain.

Time to move on to the big money, insted of drilling through the moutian, i decided to run the valley.... the trains run through here just a few seconds appart. the next train is usually just 2 signal blocks behind.

comming back out the other side.

Empties rolling out of the mountian and staging to get refilled at the mines. Norfolk Southern on the outside tracks, Soo with the left station, on the inside tracks.

Norfolk Southern coal hotshot#39 with a leased UP SD40-2 passes a train in the valley cut.
Hotshot#39 passes an uphill Soo coal train a few seconds later at the next bend.

I should be done with the challenge in a a few more years, i just need to do the dreaded engine upgrade and let the clock go.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TheGrew »

It seems you used the US Set without breakdowns? My main problem is getting the trains up the lope.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

alistairgrew wrote:It seems you used the US Set without breakdowns? My main problem is getting the trains up the lope.
Breadowns were were on. i was beta testing so it had a lt of stuff breaking down. note everything was doubleheaded to help keep the mainline clear.

i spaced every "up slope" at least 16 tiles appart to help simulate a slight grade and to keep the train from slowing to 10mph. after i posted the shots i played some more. i should have used the earthslope mod in my game.

i had a train breakdown right on a slope and caused a huge bottleneck that took forever to clear up. oh well. i passed out still playing and finnished in 10 years 2 months. i am going to reload and see if that is the actuall time it takes me to complete.

i was going to post the savegame but i have unreleased beta mods in it. maybe i can use locomod to remove them and not crash the game to post it.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

mcdoof wrote:Yes it's true, I am a fraud :D. All my night shots are screenies taken from the game and edited in Photoshop before I post them on here.

EDIT: Here's another one to whet your appetite. :)
Winter 1987: Class 325010 heads through the night on the Eastern Main Line with the late evening mail train, whilst Class 47 (47101) in IC Swallow livery exits the tunnel that leads into Swanton station hauling Mk2 TSOs with the 17:20 rush hour train. On the approach to Swanton, we see IC125 with the 16:36 cross-country.

For you fanatics; I know the 325 wasn't in service in '87, but it serves its purpose beautifully and the anachronism is well worth it in my opinion!
Thats really makes me want to get back into making night shots again! :D

Really nice picture :wink:
thamjk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thamjk »

can anyone tell me where can I get this game.
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TheGrew »

Well first where are you from?
amazon should have it
ebay should ect
It is quite rare in shops though
thamjk
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thamjk »

[quote="alistairgrew"]Well first where are you from?
amazon should have it
ebay should ect
It is quite rare in shops though[/quote]

From Asia/ malaysia.
I have been playing tansport tycoon for many years only get to know this forum recently. What's the name of this game? maybe I can search at one of the local games shop. Or if I buy online, where?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Look in wich part you are posting and you will find the name.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
bernts_matte
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bernts_matte »

The name of the game is locomotion.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Sorry that i say it; But READ before you ASK isnt difficult isnt it?
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TheGrew »

From Asia/ malaysia.
Well I have done some quick searching and I think that the only way for you to get a copy in through an american site. Here is my recomended list:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... s&n=507846
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... =&saprchi=
http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sear ... P36=3FF668
Be careful with Ebay (make sure they are willing to export)
Jose
Director
Director

Post by Jose »

This is my latest US styled game which finally looks any good thanks to Plastikmans US set

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Jose wrote:This is my latest US styled game which finally looks any good thanks to Plastikmans US set
Hey looks great! but damn, that is an ugly hoppercar! you need the 1.1 patch! I'll get that out.

I see You have 3 engines on one train. i think that actually hurts more then it helps. it seems that it causes the train 33% more chance of breaking down. not a good trade off for the extra HP. unless you are running a no breakdown patch.

Edit, whats up with those extra tracks around the factories?
Jose
Director
Director

Post by Jose »

I added those extra tracks just for eye candy, beacuse random bits of silver terrain where i built tracks looked horrible. I have 3 engines becuase that oil train weighs 1200 tons and plus it looks nice.
Glad you like the shots, and that is one ugly grain hopper, its the only train carrying grain in this game. I cant wait to see the 1.1 patch :P
Martin
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Martin »

Those are really nice screenies, Jose!
:)
Jose
Director
Director

Post by Jose »

Thanks, here is another four.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Ok, just to warn you's this will be 6 posts in the one go.

This is a journey from the biggest city in the East to the capital on the West Coast :-
Attachments
We travel for a wee while and the next stop is Leadston, which is a small community famous for its food factory and also it brewey.
We travel for a wee while and the next stop is Leadston, which is a small community famous for its food factory and also it brewey.
story3.PNG (314.24 KiB) Viewed 6950 times
The first stop on our journey is the small town of Laverfield, which is situated right next to Flurryway.
The first stop on our journey is the small town of Laverfield, which is situated right next to Flurryway.
story2.PNG (95.72 KiB) Viewed 6952 times
We start our journey by boarding the 314 at flurryway.
We start our journey by boarding the 314 at flurryway.
Story1.PNG (56.13 KiB) Viewed 6951 times
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Attachments
We join the main line which takes us to the capital, but we are going the wrong way atm
We join the main line which takes us to the capital, but we are going the wrong way atm
story6.PNG (110 KiB) Viewed 6938 times
We pass over the Ivyhattan viaduct which gives us views for miles around on a sunny day like today.
We pass over the Ivyhattan viaduct which gives us views for miles around on a sunny day like today.
story5.PNG (135.14 KiB) Viewed 6941 times
We pass the small village of Ivyhattan which currently does not have a station but may get one in the future.
We pass the small village of Ivyhattan which currently does not have a station but may get one in the future.
story4.PNG (151.09 KiB) Viewed 6945 times
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Attachments
Here we continue on the line to the capital, and the branch line to right is where we came from
Here we continue on the line to the capital, and the branch line to right is where we came from
story9.PNG (96.66 KiB) Viewed 6932 times
Here's our train now....
Here's our train now....
story8.PNG (36.32 KiB) Viewed 6932 times
We jump off at Blackborough to catch a connecting train to the capital
We jump off at Blackborough to catch a connecting train to the capital
story7.PNG (69.43 KiB) Viewed 6931 times
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

nice little story you got there :wink:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

Return to “General Locomotion”