Chill's patchpack v14_7

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Chill's patchpack v13_5

Post by Eddi »

crystal ball says he's running "openttd" instead of "./openttd"
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

ingame version is 1.1.1. If you want I can post full console output
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

Like Eddi's crystal ball says, you are starting the wrong binary ...
Console output will not be needed. ;)

On Ubuntu I de-installed the version found in the software repository because of this, although I am sure that starting ./openttd, from the correct folder, instead of openttd will work also if Eddi says so, Eddi knows a lot ;).
I never tried that to be honest so I can not help you there. I just compile my own versions and run from those folders ...

Am I right that the problems you mentioned with installing .deb(s) is complaints about the game already being installed?
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

No, it's more to the tune that installing .debs means I can't run multiple servers (which is what I'm trying to achieve). I rm -rf 'd the folders and then un - tar'd the file you sent me (essentially a fresh install).

I'll try Eddi's solution
These days I'm:

welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

openttd@welshdragon:~/chipp_v13.5$ ./openttd -D
./openttd: error while loading shared libraries: liballeg.so.4.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
These days I'm:

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

welshdragon wrote:openttd@welshdragon:~/chipp_v13.5$ ./openttd -D
./openttd: error while loading shared libraries: liballeg.so.4.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Install allegro or compile without support for it.
welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by welshdragon »

In that case:
Chillcore: Please can I have a binary without Allegro?

Thank you very much.
These days I'm:

ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

I do not want to be rude but, please install Allegro or compile your own binary. It's really easy on linux, just follow instructions http://wiki.openttd.org/GNU/Linux .

I can make you a binary without Allegro but then it may still fail on lzma or another needed library ... and I would have to compile again and again. I do not know what libraries you have installed or not.
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

ChillCore wrote:
aantono wrote: This is weird, but I didn't get a stack trace :(
You can not get a stacktrace if there is none. the libraries were loaded but the game did not start properly.
Normallly you would have seen the AIs being compiled and stuff like that but the program exited before that.

Anyway I did a little google search for "GetDYLDEntryPointWithImage failed" and it seems to be an OSX problem ...
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=256818
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/vie ... hp?t=29390

Maybe you can do a little search of your own? I think you need to update your system but again I am not familiar with OSX so I could be wrong.
Also the thread in the second link has some more links in it that you may want to read. eg this one perhaps:
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/backst ... s-on-macs/

I might do some more reading this afternoon. ;)
I tried the recommendations on those forums, but with no luck... Still exhibits the black screen, crash behavior. :(
Anything else I can/should try to maybe dig up more info as to the cause of this issue?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

As you can compile and run clean OpenTTD it must be something in the patchpack ... but what?

Maybe you could try to find out what the last version was that worked for you, I could then send you the versions I have between that one and the current released to try and find out when exactly it got broken ... I understand if you consider that too much work.

What you can also try is running the Win32 binary under wine? Not really a solution but at least you might be able to play in the meantime.

Level Crossing
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Level Crossing »

Bug report! :(
Glitch.PNG
Glitch.PNG (536.71 KiB) Viewed 578 times
How to reproduce:
  • Open a new game (or an existing one, it does not matter)
  • Place a station near a town (ex. Badville) with no existing stations. Place it far enough away so that it will not be called Badville, but instead something like Badville Woods.
  • Rename the station to Badville.
  • Place a station as close to the town center as possible. It will be named Badville.
  • Result: two different stations with the same name.
Note: screenie has no newGRFs.

EDIT: when starting, game says "ini: trailing characters at end of setting 'gui.date_with_time'. How do I fix this?
Like my avatar? See my screenshot thread
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Level Crossing wrote:
  • Place a station near a town (ex. Badville) with no existing stations. Place it far enough away so that it will not be called Badville, but instead something like Badville Woods.
  • Rename the station to Badville.
  • Place a station as close to the town center as possible. It will be named Badville.
  • Result: two different stations with the same name.
That's not an issue with this patch pack, that also works in trunk.

The reason behind this is that automatic station names and manual station names are two pair of shoes which are distinct.
This is virtually impossible to fix, if you want to allow both station naming methods as the default station names are translated, thus show potentially different for each language. Thus it's not feasible to match it against the manually given station name as the automatic station name may differ for each player.
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

ChillCore wrote:As you can compile and run clean OpenTTD it must be something in the patchpack ... but what?

Maybe you could try to find out what the last version was that worked for you, I could then send you the versions I have between that one and the current released to try and find out when exactly it got broken ... I understand if you consider that too much work.

What you can also try is running the Win32 binary under wine? Not really a solution but at least you might be able to play in the meantime.
The compiled version from OpenTTD trunk is working just fine, so it is definitely something in the patch pack. I can try to do to like version 10 and try to checkout that to see if that works... will give it a try and let you know.
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

Just tried building version 10 (r20802) and getting the same problem. :(

Code: Select all

./bin/openttd[95691]: GetDYLDEntryPointWithImage(/System/Library/Frameworks/AppKit.framework/Versions/Current/AppKit,_NSCreateAppKitServicesMenu) failed.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Hi Chill, I think you may have tinkered with daylength and income a little TOO much. Currently using daylength of 35.

In a game last running under v13, I was generating between $4-$5 million income a year. Under v13_5, that has ballooned to $74 million IN THREE MONTHS. :-)
Attachments
Hamilton & Co., 1967-04-21.sav
Save game under v13
(1.83 MiB) Downloaded 98 times
Hamilton & Co., 1967-07-23.sav
Save game under v13_5, 3 months later
(1.84 MiB) Downloaded 100 times
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

hmm simply open the cheat box... and turn off the do not divide income per daylenght.
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

aantono wrote: Just tried building version 10 (r20802) and getting the same problem. :(
I am (almost) sure someone compiled and played the patchpack on OSX ...
I did some more searching and found http://bugs.openttd.org/task/3651
Not sure if it will solve your problem but can you try running in windowed mode. You can set it in the config file before starting the binary,
"fullscreen = false" in the [misc] section.

Other than that I have no clue what else you could try, sorry.

Kamnet wrote: Hm. So the cheat is enabled by default? :-/
No it is off by default.
I am not sure why it is turned on in your game, maybe because I put it between the give money and change company cheats and the game got confused with the setting of another cheat. :?
I will add some code in afterload.cpp to make sure it is turned off when loading games that were saved before the cheat was introduced.
Or maybe I need to move it to the end of the list to not mess up other cheats that are being used?

Thank you for reporting.

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

I gave compilation of v13.5 a shot, trying to reproduce the reported problem on OSX 10.6:

~/ottd/test>gcc --version
i686-apple-darwin10-llvm-gcc-4.2 (GCC) 4.2.1 (Based on Apple Inc. build 5658) (LLVM build 2335.6)
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Some C&P patch related compile warnings:

[SRC] Compiling copy_paste_gui.cpp
/Users/ingo/ottd/test/src/console_cmds.cpp: In function ‘bool ConStartAllAI(byte, char**)’:
/Users/ingo/ottd/test/src/console_cmds.cpp:1210: warning: format ‘%d’ expects type ‘int’, but argument 3 has type ‘long unsigned int’
[SRC] Compiling core/alloc_func.cpp
/Users/ingo/ottd/test/src/copy_paste.cpp: In member function ‘void CopyPaste::internal_PasteArea(TileIndex)’:
/Users/ingo/ottd/test/src/copy_paste.cpp:716: warning: name lookup of ‘tile’ changed
But I couldn't follow the other problems... maybe some more information on OSX version and other circumstances might be helpful.
aantono
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aantono »

ChillCore wrote:
aantono wrote: Just tried building version 10 (r20802) and getting the same problem. :(
I am (almost) sure someone compiled and played the patchpack on OSX ...
I did some more searching and found http://bugs.openttd.org/task/3651
Not sure if it will solve your problem but can you try running in windowed mode. You can set it in the config file before starting the binary,
"fullscreen = false" in the [misc] section.

Other than that I have no clue what else you could try, sorry.
You are a genius. It started just fine, and in the game I'm able to change it back to full mode and it restarts in full mode no problem.

Thanks!!!

Return to “OpenTTD Development”