roboboy's Developments

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

WWTBAM

roboboy's Developments

Post by WWTBAM »

I will be using this thread for mainly posting my custom builds but in the future maybe patches. Heres my patchpack. It contains watch other companies gui v5 and better station GUI v5 it also contains filter signlist v3 from its flyspray task. I may provide Win32 Bundle's.

Patchfile used http://ps.openttdcoop.org/public/desyncfix.diff
Edit added link to Ammlers patch to comply.
Edit 2 the .zip is number incorrectly but the build inside is actually r19068
Edit 3 Removed the zip as the fix is now in the latest nightly.
Edit 4 added .patch for my client side patchpack.
Edit 5 fixed the patch file both adding a missing file and removed spaces.
Edit 6 uploaded new patch file.
Edit 7 Uploaded new patch file and mentioned changes.
Attachments
roboboys_clientside_pachpack_v3_r19253_p0.patch
(81.39 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Last edited by WWTBAM on 28 Feb 2010 12:04, edited 5 times in total.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: roboboy's Developments

Post by petert »

Why is everyone so set on having their own topic for builds?
ChillCore
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ChillCore »

- Because they can.
- Because it is better then polluting somebody else's thread.
- To share with other people who cannot program.
- Because patchpaks are fun to make and to play with.

I would/could post one of mine too but I do not feel like debugging afterwards.

No offence but why do you care petert ?
-- .- -.-- / - .... . / ..-. --- .-. -.-. . / -... . / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-.-.-
--- .... / -.-- . .- .... --..-- / .- -. -.. / .--. .-. .- .. ... . / - .... . / .-.. --- .-. -.. / ..-. --- .-. / .... . / --. .- ...- . / ..- ... / -.-. .... --- --- -.-. .... --- --- ... .-.-.- / ---... .--.

Playing with my patchpack? Ask questions on usage and report bugs in the correct thread first, please.
All included patches have been modified and are no longer 100% original.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

robotboy wrote:I
Speaking of you...
There's a typo in the topic title :P
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

petert wrote:Why is everyone so set on having their own topic for builds?
OpenTTDCoop were running a moded server last night with that patch applied, so I wanted to make a Win32 build publicly available.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

The idea was to backport the desync fix to the used nightly and hope that it solves the desync for people who use the patched nightly and not change much for those who don't. It was a test. It failed gloriously. Anyway, there's now again a clean trunk server1 with the nightly (r19145) which fixes the desync, thus no need for fishy hacks ;-)

1 except a small server-side monitoring patch which is of no concern for the players' - nor usually us either
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Thats why I removed the download. A quick question. If I apply a client side patch that only affects the GUI eg Watch Other Companie's GUI, is it acceptable to have the version be r**** (Without the M) so that the clients can connect to servers as the patch won't change the logic or what is sent to the server.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

robotboy wrote:Thats why I removed the download. A quick question. If I apply a client side patch that only affects the GUI eg Watch Other Companie's GUI, is it acceptable to have the version be r**** (Without the M) so that the clients can connect to servers as the patch won't change the logic or what is sent to the server.
It's possible, but be sure that it's really client-side only. It can be fun, but any error or bug you find will need testing again also in a clean trunk binary before you report it.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I know I can, but is it acceptable if it is client side only.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Well... who would know if you do? Personally I'd consider a "watch other companies" patch a bit problematic as it constitutes some kind of cheat on competitive MP servers; other than that... what does http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/cli ... repository tell you ;-) ?

IMO the only real issue is the bug finding and reporting issue - which about doubles the time to confirm a bug. Rubidiums (or any other dev's) answer thus might differ for this very reason, people, especially different from the one building the modified version are likely to NOT make this distinction and report bugs to the devs despite using a modified version.
Yexo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Yexo »

I'd say feel free to do so as long as the server owner allows it, but don't distribute those binaries on the forum. The main problem is that a lot of people that download binaries here don't read and thus will still report bugs to bugs.openttd.org, while saying they have a "clean" version. After all it reports as a clean version in the main menu.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I have a few questions related to generating my own combined patch pack patch.
1. I use MSCV and thus have to specify the paths to inludes and libs from openttd useful in the project file. Should I include the project file containing those paths?

2. I use tortoise SVNlso related, to get the source thus the version can not be automatically determined, should I included my moded version files?
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

1) you do not need to specify the paths in the project file; you can also use the global paths. As such there is no reason to modify the project files.

2) TortoiseSVN, if installed properly, should work to determine the version. Unless it has been mutilated ofcourse.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I just added a diff for my patchpack to the first post.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Here is an update. I was sent an update to fix the broken watch company gui patch thats included. That is all thats changed in the new version aside from me renaming the patchpack.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

robotboy wrote:Here is an update. I was sent an update to fix the broken watch company gui patch thats included. That is all thats changed in the new version aside from me renaming the patchpack.
I can confirm that the latest patch for Filter Sign List on the FlySpray task applies cleanly over this patch and revision. Would you consider adding it to your patchpack?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I will be applying it next time I update the revision which will most likely be when the #openttdcoop ps gets updated.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Just a friendly note: You should be using the part 1 and 2 or part 1 patch file.

Thanks for the interest in the patch.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Here is the list of patches I plan to include in the next revision update:
NewGRF GUI Window
Diagonal Level and Clear Patch
Multiplayer Server List Filtering
Filter Sign List
All already Included patches.
The ones included depend on clean application.
petert
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by petert »

IMO, this patch is unneeded, since this patchpack is for the revision that the #openttdcoop servers run on. If you sort by compatibility, the servers will be right at the top.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”