The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Chrill

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Chrill »

Saibot wrote: 10 Mar 2024 21:21 So today marks 18 years since I got to know the person you all know as Chrill. :mrgreen:
I sincerely apologize.

Are we actually friends since 2006? That is lunatic.

I remember back in... 2008? Seeing topgear live here in Stockholm. Good times.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

The seven computer needs a new CMOS battery!

Post by CTarana45 »

The seven laptop computer needs a new CMOS battery! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

I could have been a History Teacher

Post by CTarana45 »

I could have been a History Teacher But I Hate Unions! :lol:

Christopher Tarana
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Chrill wrote: 11 Mar 2024 16:54 I remember back in... 2008? Seeing topgear live here in Stockholm. Good times.
2012 actually, I still have the backstage pass hanging on display in my living room. :mrgreen:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Saibot wrote: 10 Mar 2024 21:21 So today marks 18 years since I got to know the person you all know as Chrill. :mrgreen:
Jealous! He was never at any of the TT-F meets I went to. So we never had long conversations about my poor taste in Eurovision songs.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I'd argue you were never at the meets I attended. I've flown in from Sweden twice. Once in Crewe, once in London. I definitely think we should host a meet in Stockholm next time, see how many would show up! :mrgreen:
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote: 13 Mar 2024 19:16 Once in Crewe, once in London. I definitely think we should host a meet in Stockholm next time, see how many would show up! :mrgreen:
So funny story, according to the forum wiki, i have actually met you, twice, both times you came to ole Blighty for meets I was there. I went to one in York (2009), one in Crewe (2012) & one in London (2016). You were at the 2012 & 2016 ones if the wiki pages are accurate.

I'd love to go to Sweden, so i'd then have an excuse to do it, if we had a meet in Stockholm. It's sad that as the meets go on, on the wiki pages it gets less & less :cry:
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote: 13 Mar 2024 19:16I definitely think we should host a meet in Stockholm next time, see how many would show up! :mrgreen:
As long as you're footing the drinks bill whilst we're all there, I'm 100% in! :mrgreen: Just need a new (ugly bloo) passport first!
Redirect Left wrote: 14 Mar 2024 06:04 So funny story, according to the forum wiki, i have actually met you, twice, both times you came to ole Blighty for meets I was there. I went to one in York (2009), one in Crewe (2012) & one in London (2016). You were at the 2012 & 2016 ones if the wiki pages are accurate.
Was going to say, I'm sure you and Chrill were both at one of the meets I turned up to! Time flies though, was it really 2016?!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Pilot wrote: 14 Mar 2024 11:34
Chrill wrote: 13 Mar 2024 19:16I definitely think we should host a meet in Stockholm next time, see how many would show up! :mrgreen:
As long as you're footing the drinks bill whilst we're all there, I'm 100% in! :mrgreen: Just need a new (ugly bloo) passport first!
I mean, a pint is just £10 so I can buy everyone... one half-pint?
My Scenarios:
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote: 15 Mar 2024 07:32
Pilot wrote: 14 Mar 2024 11:34
I mean, a pint is just £10 so I can buy everyone... one half-pint?
And there was me nearly crying at being charged £7.20 the other week in London!
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

You can definitely find a cheaper pint in Stockholm. If you go to one of the less... decent locations, you can find a "happy hour" special for maybe £4.50 for sure.
My Scenarios:
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

New Computer!

Post by CTarana45 »

New Computer! We have ordered a new computer to replace the Toshiba laptop! :lol: Right now i am copying files to a external drive!

Christopher Tarana
JohnFranklin523
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: New Computer!

Post by JohnFranklin523 »

CTarana45 wrote: 22 Mar 2024 02:29 New Computer! We have ordered a new computer to replace the Toshiba laptop! :lol: Right now i am copying files to a external drive!

Christopher Tarana
Does that mean you will say goodbye to Windows 7 and embrace Windows 11?
Leaping Liu Never Dies
跨越不死,曙光永生
The founder of China Set; the operator of JFServer.
My GRFs besides China Set
My Scenarios and Heightmaps
CTarana45
Chairman
Chairman

Re: New Computer!

Post by CTarana45 »

JohnFranklin523 wrote: 23 Mar 2024 03:10
CTarana45 wrote: 22 Mar 2024 02:29 New Computer! We have ordered a new computer to replace the Toshiba laptop! :lol: Right now i am copying files to a external drive!

Christopher Tarana
Does that mean you will say goodbye to Windows 7 and embrace Windows 11?
The new computer comes with Windows 7 64 Bit! It's a Tower rather than a Laptop!

Christopher Tarana
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote: 15 Mar 2024 21:26 You can definitely find a cheaper pint in Stockholm. If you go to one of the less... decent locations, you can find a "happy hour" special for maybe £4.50 for sure.
So, I'm in a pub as we speak (sure, it's early, but it's Saturday, shhhhh!), and I can get 2/3rds of a pint (375ml) for a similar price, and in a good establishment too!

Happy hour wise, I can find a pint for £3.40 in my town, which is the nightlife hotspot around these parts, excluding going into Manchester city centre, too!

I'll let you buy the beer for sure :mrgreen:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Went to my first Comic-Con today, in Aberdeen. It was rather awesome. Met and got a photo with Karen Gillan, attended various panels (seeing Amy Jo Johnson and David Yost was a highlight, as they were my favourite Power Rangers as a 7-year old!), and then at the end of it Bernard Hill made me literally cry when he started crying as he told a story. :cry:
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I've not been to a comic con since 2019, I do miss it. My GF and I did go through the trouble of creating costumes. Well, not for my first one, it was spur of the moment, but the next year I put together a costume and went as Axe Cop, and my GF went as a HP student (Hufflepuffs for life, yall!). Second year we coordinated as Carmen Santiago and Where's Waldo. Then in 2019 we went as Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen from the Disney film The Princess and the Frog. I enjoy it, I like looking through the vendor displays and listening to the panel discussions. I've been able to rub elbows with a few celebs outside of their appearances. I think I'd like to get back to the one in Cincinnati again this year, the one in Lexington KY just took place.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

orudge wrote: 23 Mar 2024 20:07 Went to my first Comic-Con today, in Aberdeen. It was rather awesome. Met and got a photo with Karen Gillan, attended various panels (seeing Amy Jo Johnson and David Yost was a highlight, as they were my favourite Power Rangers as a 7-year old!), and then at the end of it Bernard Hill made me literally cry when he started crying as he told a story. :cry:
It's not me in my profile picture, it's Karen Gillan?
My Scenarios:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Something like that. :mrgreen:

I believe Melissa Joan Hart did a Comic-Con in the UK in early 2020, and was meant to be at the Edinburgh one that year, but that obviously didn’t end up happening. Maybe she’ll do one again though…

Also it looks like they posted a clip of Bernard Hill up, specifically the bit I was referring to.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Oh hey I found one of my photos! And the photo below was actually taken the day after the photo of me in the avatar.

Cincinnati Comic Expo 2017

Return to “Off-Topic”