combine GRF

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

combine GRF

Post by sunshare »

Hello, what are the GRF trains that can be combined and which are not?
Anyone have a detailed list?

gretting!!
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: combine GRF

Post by Leanden »

All of the train GRFs can be combined, you will just have a very busy purchase window.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

However,the UKRS disables the default graphics for some of the cars,so you will have locomotives hauling around circled question marks at least until cars are filled.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

I think you will find that most if not all GRFs disable the default vehicles.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Baldy's Boss wrote:However,the UKRS disables the default graphics for some of the cars,so you will have locomotives hauling around circled question marks at least until cars are filled.
You cannot disable default graphics. You can choose to replace them. Or you can only choose to disable the vehicle altogether. If there are vehicles driving with question marks, there's something going wrong with one grf, or the other, or the combination of the two (or three, or four, or five...)
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

I was watching the set does not match Japanese Track bulls GRF as it gets me red
Attachments
Funtfield Transport, 7th Jan 2012.png
(188.86 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Leanden wrote:I think you will find that most if not all GRFs disable the default vehicles.
I had no such problem with only NARS,and the default engines are still available to me with NARS,UKRS,and a couple of more active.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

I suspect you only want one of "Narrow Gauge Track Types" and "Japan Set3: Tracks". The total number of railtype IDs available is quite limited.
Baldy's Boss wrote:I had no such problem with only NARS,and the default engines are still available to me with NARS,UKRS,and a couple of more active.
Either you have another GRF which is adding its own versions of the "default engines", or you've been adding and removing GRFs in a running game.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

PikkaBird wrote:I suspect you only want one of "Narrow Gauge Track Types" and "Japan Set3: Tracks". The total number of railtype IDs available is quite limited.
Baldy's Boss wrote:I had no such problem with only NARS,and the default engines are still available to me with NARS,UKRS,and a couple of more active.
Either you have another GRF which is adding its own versions of the "default engines", or you've been adding and removing GRFs in a running game.
The Japan Set3: Tracks I see you have speed limit on energy pathways, The same applies to the GRF Dutch Track, I should use the default in this case I guess not?
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

sunshare wrote:Hello, what are the GRF trains that can be combined and which are not?
Anyone have a detailed list?
gretting!!
The link in my signature has some advice on which categories of GRF can be safely combined. :wink:
It is a bit lengthy though...
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

PikkaBird wrote:I suspect you only want one of "Narrow Gauge Track Types" and "Japan Set3: Tracks". The total number of railtype IDs available is quite limited.
I don't think of "original vehicle names" as additional vehicles (even though I've seen them coexist with the old).So the attached offers me a Collet Pannier or Gresley along with NARS,for example.
Attachments
WardwoodWesternRailway,13thDec1953.sav
(3.85 MiB) Downloaded 12 times
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

Hi another question arises me, can be combined opengfx+ airports and combined airport set v0.5?
As I was testing is not possible. someone confirm me whether it is or am I wrong
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

sunshare wrote:Hi another question arises me, can be combined opengfx+ airports and combined airport set v0.5?
As I was testing is not possible. someone confirm me whether it is or am I wrong
As both of these grfs replace the same graphics this would not be possible. Vehicle sets generally add vehicles to the list, as do NewObjects and Railway Stations, but currently no framework exists for multiple airport graphics, so replacements are the only thing possible.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Leanden wrote:
sunshare wrote:Hi another question arises me, can be combined opengfx+ airports and combined airport set v0.5?
As both of these grfs replace the same graphics this would not be possible. Vehicle sets generally add vehicles to the list, as do NewObjects and Railway Stations, but currently no framework exists for multiple airport graphics, so replacements are the only thing possible.
Oh, actually the same framework exists for airports as does for vehicles. OpenGFX+Airports re-defines the default airports. Combined airport set does not define any airport and simply replaces the default graphics which will not be used anymore in the presence of grfs which define real airports. If it defined real airports itself, no problem to use both concurrently.
sunshare
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by sunshare »

planetmaker wrote:
Leanden wrote:
Oh, actually the same framework exists for airports as does for vehicles. OpenGFX+Airports re-defines the default airports. Combined airport set does not define any airport and simply replaces the default graphics which will not be used anymore in the presence of grfs which define real airports. If it defined real airports itself, no problem to use both concurrently.

The problem as I see that when implements combined airport v0.5 can not rotate.
If you use OpenGFX+Airports and I do rotate the airport and then use combined airport set v0.5, Airport disappears because I guess I do not have the right to the airport grf to rotate
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

sunshare wrote:The problem as I see that when implements combined airport v0.5 can not rotate.
Yes, for the same reason: It's not really an airport grf at all. It's technically the simplest grf you can make from a programming POV: replacing default graphics by its own ones; it just changes looks but adds nothing new for gameplay.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

We really need to bribe a graphics artist to repaint/rotate the Combined Airport sprites so we can throw them into OpenGFX+. I already received permission from Skidd to do this with my own airport sprites set (which right now is in limbo), and he's willing to pass the whole projecct off to anybody who wants to maintain it.

Return to “General OpenTTD”