NewGRF Load order help please

Discussions about the technical aspects of graphics development, including NewGRF tools and utilities.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

NewGRF Load order help please

Post by Maddog45353 »

I don't know if any of these are badly placed or how they should be loaded but i have fixed one of them with Basemod costs and FIRS as Basemod costs needs to load last appearently.
Attachments
Loadorder fix please.png
Please help me sort this out or if there's tools or anything to help this get sorted out in the most compatible way.
(446.95 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
LoneBlackWolf
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NewGRF Load order help please

Post by Eddi »

you don't need to fix your order. you need to throw out 8 of your 9 train sets, and 3 of the 4 road vehicle sets, too. and you probably won't be using half of the station sets either.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Maddog45353 wrote:I don't know if any of these are badly placed or how they should be loaded but i have fixed one of them with Basemod costs and FIRS as Basemod costs needs to load last appearently.
There is nothing immediately obvious. Does anything work unlike you expect it to work? If so: what? If everything works: no you need to change order. It's a lot of different trainsets, though. While that 'works' it might not be visually pleasing nor sensible from a comparison of relative prices.
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

I just want all my newgrfs in a compatible order as much as possible.
LoneBlackWolf
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

While there is no guarantee that any one NewGRF will work with any other NewGRF, typically all NewGRFs operate independently of each other and do not interfere with each other. There are only a very few which may cause issues if one is not loaded before the other. Looking over your list, I saw nothing that would cause any conflicts or game play issues. Have fun!

Return to “NewGRF Technical Discussions”