Canadian Graphics by OzTrans [End-User Queries] ...

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Canadian Graphics by OzTrans [End-User Queries] ...

Post by OzTrans »

IMG0001.png
Have you got problems with, or would like to report any issues about Canadian Graphic Files; i.e. regarding any of the following GRFs :

» Canadian Trains and Railways (CanRail)
» Canadian Stations (CanStn)
» Canadian City Buildings (CanCity)
» Canadian Town Names (CANames)
» Canadian (International) Roads (CanRoads)
» Canadian (BK) Tunnels (BKTunnel)

or any other forthcoming graphic files; then post your query here in this topic ...
Last edited by OzTrans on 12 Jun 2013 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
TinyMusic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Canadian Graphics by OzTrans [End-User Queries] ...

Post by TinyMusic »

You tricked me that those words in yellow are hyperlinks :lol: . So still no download links in the forums? And how's that other project, Infra or something like that, going?
Formerly known as UseYourIllusion.
Java Scenario Found Here - Version 2 out
[tweɪ̂ pû tɕʰì wɔ̀ mǐlɤ lû tɕʰìŋ nì pɑ́ŋmɑ̌ŋ]
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

UseYourIllusion wrote:You tricked me that those words in yellow are hyperlinks ... So still no download links in the forums? ...
Can't wait, can you ? I'm sorry for the confusion, I changed the colour.

For downloads go to your local green grocer, the bee-store, provided you are a player of OpenTTD v1.2.3 (minimum required version, except CanRail requires v1.3.0) or v1.3.0. TTDPatch players or OpenTTD players of v1.3.1, nightlies, beta's or RC's can go here (the link in the download column).

End-User discussions go here in this topic and a website is currently under construction ...
Ogre
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ogre »

It must be some kind of strange coincidence that you post a thread about enduser queries here the same day an idea came up about your proposed Canadian Road Vehicle Set (ore containers on trucks similar to your narrow gauge ore containers used by the WP&Y both on rail and truck). Shall we wait for your site under construction to be finished, or can we post here already - as you seem to have left your recent place of creation?

Anyway, glad to see there is progress / movement in CanSets. *thumbs up*
The pessimist sees the darkness in the tunnel.
The optimist sees the light at the end of the tunnel.
The realist sees the light coming closer...
The engineer sees three fools in front of his train on the track in the tunnel.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Ogre wrote:It must be some kind of strange coincidence that you post a thread about enduser queries here the same day an idea came up about your proposed Canadian Road Vehicle Set ...
I have created a new topic here and answered your suggestion there.

This topic should be used only for End-User Queries about already released Canadian Graphic Files ...
zooks
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by zooks »

How to disable original houses when using the canadian city buildings set? (in openttd using opengfx)

cheers
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

I don't see these NewGRF's in the ingame BaNaNaS, in fact i'm using quite latest nightlies. Is this due to the game itself or due to the NewGRF requirement ?
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

zooks wrote:How to disable original houses when using the canadian city buildings set? (in openttd using opengfx)
CanCity is not a complete town replacement set yet. There are not enough buildings in the set to cover all TTD 'original' buildings. The GRF needs to take care of old houses, you cannot do that. The next version of CanCity will cover all houses. If you don't like the ones from the base set, you may want to add TTRS v3.0 (I believe it is) too, which will give you a mix of buildings from both sets.
YNM wrote:I don't see these NewGRF's in the ingame BaNaNaS, in fact i'm using quite latest nightlies. Is this due to the game itself or due to the NewGRF requirement ?
slaca wrote:The new 1.6 files arent shown in openttd 1.3.1 content download, I had to download manually and extract it myself to work it. Maybe because they are not just .tar but tar.gz ??
a) NewGRF requirements are minimum game version v1.2.3 (except CanRail, it requires v1.3.0) or higher, including any nightlies, beta's and RCs.

b) GRFs are supposed to be downloadable from the Content Downloader within games with OpenTTD versions v1.2.3 through to and including v1.3.1 (CanRail v1.3.0 - v1.3.1). However, there is still this bug, that downloads are not available from the OpenTTD version that is specified as "Maximum OpenTTD Version", only from the immediately lower one; i.e. v1.3.0.

Players not using stable versions (as indicated above) or v1.3.1 need to do what slaca did; go to http://bananas.openttd.org/en/newgrf/ and download it from the link(s) in the 'Downloads' column. Then, unzip the .gz and place the .tar file into your 'newgrf' or whatever folder you are using. The same applies for TTDPatch players for the time being.

There is a reason why Canadian Graphic Files are not available for download from within OpenTTD nightlies, beta's and RC's, but they work nonetheless with those releases.

A better solution is being worked on ...
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

Why is a "Maximum OpenTTD version" even needed?
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Supercheese wrote:Why is a "Maximum OpenTTD version" even needed?
Agree with this one. As long as I see in the NewGRF development, there are only new features, or bugfix added.

Also, I think there's a way to disable default things, including houses ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Supercheese wrote:Why is a "Maximum OpenTTD version" even needed?
It is still a fact, that I dislike that local green grocer. But, to meet the player community half-way, I decided to release the Canadian graphic files via the Content Downloader, but for stable releases of the game only.

This should make those multi-player gamers happy and a few newcomers too, that normally start with a stable release of the game.

For the forseeable future, they will not be available for download from nightly, beta and RC versions of the game. Once a new stable release is out, I will shift the "Maximum OpenTTD version" one notch up, provided there are no issues outstanding that still need fixing; i.e. anything that has been found during the development phase of that stable release.
YNM wrote:Also, I think there's a way to disable default things, including houses ?
Of course, there is a way, but disabling the default houses and then use an incomplete building set spells trouble for your cities. This issues will be fixed in the next issue of CanCity. In the meantime, you just have to live with some TTD 'original' buildings showing up at times.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

You realize that this means that players of some very popular patch packs will be prevented from using your graphics, yes?
Supercheese
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Supercheese »

kamnet wrote:You realize that this means that players of some very popular patch packs will be prevented from using your graphics, yes?
Well, they won't be prevented from using the grfs, as they can still download them manually, but they might be excluded from using BaNaNaS as it is primarily intended.
Eyecandy Road Vehicles | Fake Subways | Supercheese's NewObjects

"Fashions and cultures change, but steam trains shall always be majestic."
-Professor Hershel Layton
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Supercheese wrote:
kamnet wrote:You realize that this means that players of some very popular patch packs will be prevented from using your graphics, yes?
Well, they won't be prevented from using the grfs, as they can still download them manually, but they might be excluded from using BaNaNaS as it is primarily intended.
I have at least three OTTD installations on my system: Stable [1.3.1], Nightly [whatever is current], cirdan's patch compiled by Supercheese [ :bow: ].
Stable will get the latest BaNaNaS files into my system.
Then my other installations will see the latest files in the NewGRF status window.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

They are not prevented from using them. Canadian graphic files are not restricted as such; they work with beta, RC and patched versions. They just cannot be dowloaded via the Content Downloader.
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

So, you actually wanted to make downloading and using your work arbitrarily harder?
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

OzTrans wrote:They are not prevented from using them. Canadian graphic files are not restricted as such; they work with beta, RC and patched versions. They just cannot be dowloaded via the Content Downloader.
Gaah, don't you aware the major attraction of using the latest nightly/trunk these time ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
V453000 :)
President
President

Post by V453000 :) »

I have to express that I find it absolutely ridiculous that you take the extra effort to
1. make the restriction of maximum version for no reason what so ever, and
2. answer all the obvious questions because people do not understand why did you do that

Also, may I ask in what way is a Stable version better than nightlies or even patches? Nightlies are vital for testing features which can eventuall get in stable versions, and people should be encouraged to play with nightlies, not vice versa :)
ImageImageImage
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

V453000 :) wrote:Also, may I ask in what way is a Stable version better than nightlies or even patches? Nightlies are vital for testing features which can eventually get in stable versions, and people should be encouraged to play with nightlies, not vice versa :)
My suspicion would be that a stable is essentially bug free so if there is an issue it would probably lie with the GRF. For the player who is not into nightlies and patches.
Nightly and Patch players tend to be more tolerant of the occasional bug. If the GRF is known to work in stable, then a problem would probably be due to a bug or a change in the nightly or patch. Not for the feint of heart.
Personally, I have 1.3.1 stable as well as cirdan's patch and several nightlies on my system. Although the online content system is very convenient, getting BaNaNaS files through the web site is not such a big issue. My main concern is that the GRF work as advertized.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

An update for Canadian Trains + Railways (CanRail) v1.6a and Canadian (International) Roads (CanRoads) v1.6a have been released.

They are available from your local green grocer, the bee-store.

Canadian Trains + Railways (CanRail) :

v1.6a - Update [18 June 2013]
  • fixed freight wagon availability in arctic for bauxite, iron ore and clay for FIRS industry set.
  • added cargo type GRAI (grain) in arctic for FIRS industry set.
  • fixed compatibility issue of NG rail bridges with OpenGfx Base Graphics.
Canadian (International) Roads (CanRoads) :

v1.6a - Update [18 June 2013]
  • fixed compatibility issue of road bridges with OpenGfx Base Graphics.

Return to “Graphics Releases”