[Wip/Release] Mine Cars?

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

[Wip/Release] Mine Cars?

Post by Plastikman »

Update...

WIP Release...

This is a Mine Shaft Train-set for LoMo that uses tram tracks.
The advantage of tram tracks is no need to deal with signals, large stations or rack rail.

in the beta is:
1 Mine Shaft Loco
1 Mine Shaft Car
1 Station*

*there is a copy of the Default BUS STOP in there that is re-coded to handle all cargos besides people.
It also works on hills and turns... beware it is invisible in those locations and you have to tear up the track to delete.
I think it is very handy for use in town also. No need to use the truck depots in busy spots.

Let me know what to change...

I think they carry to much at 15 tons. Anything less and they are not useful for LoMo.

I know they have a weird "shoot" on steep hills. This is due to the way the render scene was made.
I can fix it but i am to lazy..

mine-cars.rar
(106.87 KiB) Downloaded 1325 times
animated.gif
animated.gif (30.35 KiB) Viewed 10408 times

OLD:

OK something I have wanted since theater sniper posted his Youtube mine cars.

I'm getting a little irritated with the model and was wondering if it is something you guys might be interested in.

It would run on tram tracks so there are no signals or anything to deal with. it is mostly eye candy-ish but functional. the idea is just to move coal/ore from a mine tunnel to your waiting coal cars to take to market.

They would be slow and not carry much but fun eye-candy

One good use would be to allow a second station at a mine to get the most resources available.
then shuttle the coal with this.
Attachments
mine.png
mine.png (154.96 KiB) Viewed 10611 times
Last edited by Plastikman on 03 Apr 2010 02:09, edited 7 times in total.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Tattoo
Director
Director

Re: [Wip Maybe you tell me?] Mine Cars?

Post by Tattoo »

Basically I'll take anything different that someone took the time out to make and share. So, I'd be interested in it. That looks kewl..

EDIT: I like the way the model is textured with the print. Did you make that?
Last edited by Tattoo on 02 Apr 2010 02:30, edited 2 times in total.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
noofnoof
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by noofnoof »

yeah, I'd like a tram running coal thingo.
infact things like the "Cargotram" and feight trams tickle my locomotion fancy.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

it is not really a tram.

it is a mine shaft car.

Something like this http://www.ironminers.com/mineforum/vie ... fcb7a14e14

or this http://www.arvadahoundz.com/images/moll ... n_mine.jpg

or um this.. not this small tho... http://davelandweb.com/nw/images/betty/ ... motive.jpg

I just felt tram tracks were better suited then NG for game play.
Last edited by Plastikman on 02 Apr 2010 02:33, edited 1 time in total.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Opan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Opan »

It would be something very neat to have running around a busy Mine site. :)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I meant something like this.

still needs work and custom hoppers.

but this is the idea.

In theory, you could modify a road cargo station to use the tram tracks so you have a covered depot on the bridge for most of it...

I don't like the turn around on the end, i have a lot of trams in there though, they were getting a little jammed up without the loop.
Attachments
Screenshot26.png
Screenshot26.png (178.06 KiB) Viewed 10576 times
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

yes please; turn it into a WIP :mrgreen:
SD89MAC
Director
Director

Post by SD89MAC »

Definitely something I'd be interested in using.
Image - Winner of the 2010 - Best New User Award (Locomotion Forum)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

well...

I tried the covered bridge idea. similar to a North American coal mine.. ugh. i don't think i like it. especially since i cant cover the turn around.
Not that I would use THAT station anyways

OOOPS. dumb me i clicked screen shot as the box popped up and quit the game. you get the idea. look at inset.
Attachments
Screenshot28.png
Screenshot28.png (163.72 KiB) Viewed 10565 times
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

I think you should remove the roof, and have like an hanging thing off the side as the platform (Where the coal/iron ore falls down), oh, but just a small roof over the station part.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

BlenderUser wrote:I think you should remove the roof, and have like an hanging thing off the side as the platform (Where the coal/iron ore falls down), oh, but just a small roof over the station part.
it is just a proof of concept at this point. im not going to make up graphics if it cant be done.

I sort of talked zimmlock into building one this morning/yesterday :wink:
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

well the concept works; I use this sort of setup with the rail cars shunting in and out to one major station where my long line of trains wait for the coal/iron ore.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I keep laughing at the dude looking like he just walked right out of GTA and into a 3d blueprint of a mine loco... I recsaled him a bit and gave hime an orange work jacket. I forgot the hard hat.... OSHA will be after me..

I removed the horn. omg that was annoying. I swipped one from a mine train on youtube. i had to toss it out.

ok the loco is done

i modded the bus stop so it takes everything. not just passengers and can be built on slopes and curves. I think I'll leave the default graphics. that way you can use it in town.. Pretend it is a not parking zone sign for freight.. :P

Off to make a hopper or 2
Tattoo
Director
Director

Post by Tattoo »

I like this. I'd be kewl if you raised the track up one tile and turn it to line up with the station below. Then make a bottom station with chutes to catch the coal from the cars above to load the train in the station. Can ya picture what I'm thinking?
: : = FYRA v250 = : : = AU NSW 86 Class Electric Locomotive = : : = AU QR EDI Bombadier IMU/SMU Trainset = : : = B-Class & VicPass = : : = MSTS Scotsman = : : = US Semi Trucks Pack = : :
: : = Steel Bridge = : : = Tube Bridge = : : = 2 New Earth Slopes = : : = Default Bridges w/ New Slopes added = : : = Camera Angles for Shape Viewer = : : = EU Semi Trucks Pack = : : = US Tank Cars 56' = : :
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

LMAO... leave it to me to start building a mine cart and have no clue what one looks like...

2 freelanced carts that i don't really like... oh well

i'll start a 3rd one tomorrow and see if i can google up some pictures first...
Attachments
carts.png
carts.png (87.5 KiB) Viewed 10543 times
The Tram man
Chairman
Chairman

Post by The Tram man »

Sweet! I cant wait for those!
kalvingp30fan
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by kalvingp30fan »

Plastik, you just keep making better and better stuff.
rdrdrdrd
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by rdrdrdrd »

dude, nice, also a miner cart would be cool, like to go into the mines,
actually, we could mod the mine to accept workers, or something similar
May the force be with you.
For little boys, three things reign as supreme attention-keepers: tanks, heavy construction equipment, and trains, we all know why where here.

"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

I decided to try this again tonight.

I got he cart model made and rendered with coal and ore in under 30 min (OK so it is not my best work. I went for quick and dirty)

when I went to put it in game. I realized I had no scripts for assembling multi state items with steep slopes. UGH..

so off to make that. i decided to use VC to write the line code for the sprites.. lol it died at 999 images. WTF.. off to make another script.... now i remember why i never use VC..
X.G.fr0sty
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by X.G.fr0sty »

Ive sent you a little PM; any chance on helping out?

999images; I didnt think we needed that many.
I do hope the cars power can get it up a steep slope with say 120tonns of coal :wink:

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”