Missing sprites in 1.5.0 beta 1

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SEADOG
Engineer
Engineer

Missing sprites in 1.5.0 beta 1

Post by SEADOG »

When I start up the game, I get this:

I configured the installer to auto-download the open-source replacements, but apparently something's still missing...
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Missing sprites in 1.5.0 beta 1

Post by Kalen »

It seems that the downloaded OpenGFX version is incomplete for OTTD 1.5.0b1?

In the meantime, you may download OpenGFX from here. That's the most recent version currently available in the bundles. If for some reason it doesn't work properly, use this one, which is slightly older (open the ZIP and place its contents - a TAR file - into your Documents\OpenTTD\baseset folder).
SEADOG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SEADOG »

Neither of those worked. I'm still getting the same message. I even tried unpacking the .tar itself, no dice.

I'm using beta 2 right now.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

There's no need to unpack the TAR file, OpenTTD reads them. Make sure you place the file in the "baseset" directory.
Kalen
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kalen »

SEADOG wrote:Neither of those worked. I'm still getting the same message. I even tried unpacking the .tar itself, no dice.

I'm using beta 2 right now.
That's odd... The first link is the most recent version of OpenGFX, so that one should definitely work. Where did you place the tar file? It needs to go into the "baseset" folder, located in the same directory where your saved games should be. Mine is in "C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\My Documents\OpenTTD\baseset".

And yea, no need to extract the tar file, although if you do, it shouldn't interfere, since I extract it myself, too. It's just an unnecessary step. : P

EDIT: Oh, and make sure you've got the right OpenGFX version selected in your options screen, too.
SEADOG
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SEADOG »

I put it in the baseset folder where it's supposed to go. I checked the options screen, there's only one selectable OpenGFX option.
Espee
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Espee »

SEADOG wrote:When I start up the game, I get this:

I configured the installer to auto-download the open-source replacements, but apparently something's still missing...
I encountered the same issue when downloaded one of the nightlies (r27047) some time back, and it still persists even with downloading both betas for 1.5.0. I have also tried to update any OpenGFX files, but again w/o any luck. I will say that this supposed problem hasn't affected anything that I have notice. Perhaps this is some type of spurious warning?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

If you want to solve this, we need more information than "it doesn't work". Explain us what you did exactly (what version did you use from where?), show us what you installed (as zip/tar/directory), show us where you installed, show us the configuration with the opengfx version that openttd uses, and anything else you can think of.

Edit: We cannot look over your shoulder to see what you did, so you have to show us.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Espee wrote:
SEADOG wrote:When I start up the game, I get this:

I encountered the same issue when downloaded one of the nightlies (r27047) some time back, and it still persists even with downloading both betas for 1.5.0. I have also tried to update any OpenGFX files, but again w/o any luck. I will say that this supposed problem hasn't affected anything that I have notice. Perhaps this is some type of spurious warning?
Perhaps you are missing the new sprites for the out-of-map tiles, as there has not yet been a release of OpenGFX that contains those new sprites (and thus it will not be included by the installer). Download it from here and place it in your baseset folder, or wait for a new release to be published on the Online Content system and then get it from there.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

Kalen wrote:It seems that the downloaded OpenGFX version is incomplete for OTTD 1.5.0b1?

In the meantime, you may download OpenGFX from here. That's the most recent version currently available in the bundles. If for some reason it doesn't work properly, use this one, which is slightly older (open the ZIP and place its contents - a TAR file - into your Documents\OpenTTD\baseset folder).
This one actually worked for me! I was struggling with the same problem...

1. Do as he says and download the zip-file here.
2. Unpack in a safe map.
3. Copy the .grf -files to the baseset map, found in the OpenTTD -map (directory).

Done.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

You need, additionally to the six *.grf files, also the *.obg file.

EDIT: I also released the current state of OpenGFX as OpenGFX 0.5.2-RC1 and uploaded it to bananas. Thus you can now use the ingame content download in order to update your base set.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”