How to change the map on the open title.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: How to change the map on the open title.

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Fleashosio wrote:
Baldy's Boss wrote:I note that the contest-winner games tended to have breakdowns disabled...and plenty of 0%-reliable vehicles.

If breakdowns are disabled does Reliability serve any function at all?
Nope. Breakdowns are turned off because the sheer amount of vehicles means that noise pollution would be a lot worse than it already is, and the noise pollution has gathered a few complaints already. (The winner was my entry, so:) My reasoning for it was not noise pollution though, I hadn't considered noisiness as a whole. I just hated the noise, and it looked ugly, because every street would have smoke coming off of it.
And if breakdowns are off, reliability usually ends up at (and stays at) 0%, because I guess a lot of players, including me, have it set so that vehicles don't go in for maintenance if breakdowns are off.
So yeah, breakdowns are turned off for a few different reasons, and reliability drops to 0%, but it doesn't even matter.
Makes me feel the game needs a patch to take away the ability to turn off breakdowns!
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

Baldy's Boss wrote:Makes me feel the game needs a patch to take away the ability to turn off breakdowns!
Great idea, disable a feature that over 50% of players use...

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=71715
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Eddy Arfik wrote:
Baldy's Boss wrote:Makes me feel the game needs a patch to take away the ability to turn off breakdowns!
Great idea, disable a feature that over 50% of players use...

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=71715
It feels to me that any player who does that is cheating.
Eddy Arfik
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Eddy Arfik »

I prefer to call it "sandbox mode", maybe if the breakdown mechanism was better and drive-thru depots were possible less people would turn them off. As it stands now, even 80% reliable means at least one breakdown per trip on a largish map.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

If servicing a vehicle and the pathfinding towards a shed were anywhere near realistic, then thinks would be better. The best patch I've seen sofar is the "reduced breakdowns" patch that lets trains run but slower until they can find a depot.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

kamnet wrote:If servicing a vehicle and the pathfinding towards a shed were anywhere near realistic, then thinks would be better. The best patch I've seen sofar is the "reduced breakdowns" patch that lets trains run but slower until they can find a depot.
The proper thing to do is to set explicit and unconditional («Always go») depot orders. I always include at least one depot visit per round-trip; if it's a very short route, I make it conditional («Service»).
orders.png
orders.png (14.02 KiB) Viewed 1087 times
bvoice360
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bvoice360 »

planetmaker wrote:OpenTTD does come with a readme. However, if you are unable to locate that on your computer, google can find it for you online, too. As I do not know which OS and version thereof you use, I can only point you to the readme which lists the paths for all cases (chapter 4.2):
https://svn.openttd.org/trunk/readme.txt
Found it now, thanks
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

bvoice360 wrote:
planetmaker wrote:OpenTTD does come with a readme. However, if you are unable to locate that on your computer, google can find it for you online, too. As I do not know which OS and version thereof you use, I can only point you to the readme which lists the paths for all cases (chapter 4.2):
https://svn.openttd.org/trunk/readme.txt
Found it now, thanks
And *where* exactly did it hide? And where is your OpenTTD binary (exe)?
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

This is really off topic, but not every plays openttd as economic challenge game or transport company simulation game. There are more than one way to enjoy this game.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Octodisk wrote:You can actually play the open title. Find "opentitle.dat"
To be more specific, actually it is opntitle.dat
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.

Return to “General OpenTTD”